Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erling Haaland

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    He's not bad, but he's no Mendonca...
    Now there's a player who I'd like back. Remember him scoring against us for Grimsby when I was a kid and wondering why we can't get a player like that. 
  • Options
    Because beauty matters to me, and because we're now in the age of the team rather than the age of the player, tactically speaking, I doubt any PL striker will ever match Henry for me 
  • Options
    the young giant is a phenomenon .. gives Citeee a whole new dimension 
  • Options
    I'll add that yeah, Haaland is fantastic and a physical monster, but by god is he getting some service
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Because beauty matters to me, and because we're now in the age of the team rather than the age of the player, tactically speaking, I doubt any PL striker will ever match Henry for me 
    You never saw Ronaldo (C) play as a center forward for United?  
  • Options
    Cant even begin to imagine the damage a strike partnership or Erling and Shaun Goater would do in the Premier league.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    It is a bit like when Jonah Lomu burst onto the scene, a freak of a physical specimen.
    Usain Bolt
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    I saw it a lot. Henry so much more compelling. Scored better goals, showed more imagination. Cron a goal machine, sure
  • Options
    I just hope Stockers is taking notes and not chewing his crayons...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    I saw it a lot. Henry so much more compelling. Scored better goals, showed more imagination. Cron a goal machine, sure
    It's funny that they both played a lot of their career as not a center foward.  The last two season at United before he went to Madrid Ronaldo (C) was unplayable.  He scored some special goals.

I would concede that in the prem, Henry did it for longer.  This is where the blur between best and greatest comes in.  Ronaldo (OG) was better than Ronaldo (C) at his best, it just wasn't long enough, he wasn't greater.
  • Options
    Grealish and Foden cementing the places either side of him which can only be good news for England ahead of the World Cup
  • Options
    Imagine if he chose England!!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    It's funny that they both played a lot of their career as not a center foward.  The last two season at United before he went to Madrid Ronaldo (C) was unplayable.  He scored some special goals.

I would concede that in the prem, Henry did it for longer.  This is where the blur between best and greatest comes in.  Ronaldo (OG) was better than Ronaldo (C) at his best, it just wasn't long enough, he wasn't greater.
    The thing is, haaland isn't technically as good as either, but he is bigger than most centre-backs, quicker than most wingers, and has fat ronaldos finishing
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

The thing is, haaland isn't technically as good as either, but he is bigger than most centre-backs, quicker than most wingers, and has fat ronaldos finishing
    He doesn't really have a weakness. He's quick, can score with either foot, great in the air, incredible at finding space in the area and literally only needs 1 chance to score a goal. No idea how you stop him. 

I personally think he'll be off to Real Madrid in 3-4 years time, so he'll never get near Shearer's record but in the meantime assuming he stays fit he's going to set a few Premier league records that will take a very long time to be beaten. Goals in a season, hat tricks in a season, fastest to 25/50/100 goals etc. 
  • Options
    There seems to be a lot of mention of Real Madrid in a few years. I’m not sure what that is based on. 

Surely Man City would be willing to break all kinds of wage records to keep him if need be.

I can’t even begin to fathom what sort of transfer fee a player like him in his prime commands in a few years’ time. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

He doesn't really have a weakness. He's quick, can score with either foot, great in the air, incredible at finding space in the area and literally only needs 1 chance to score a goal. No idea how you stop him. 

Practically the exact opposite of Stockley, it’s like they were seperated at birth and bought up independently as a social experiment to see how being raised differently affects them…
  • Options
    I just hope Stockers is taking notes and not chewing his carrots 🥕 ...
    Fixed 👍🏻
  • Options
    I’ll stop now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    There seems to be a lot of mention of Real Madrid in a few years. I’m not sure what that is based on. 

Surely Man City would be willing to break all kinds of wage records to keep him if need be.

I can’t even begin to fathom what sort of transfer fee a player like him in his prime commands in a few years’ time. 
    Based on the fact that he's only 22 and already at his 4th professional club. He doesn't stick around long.

Marca have already reported that he has two release clauses included in his 5 year deal. He can apparently leave for €200m in the summer of 2024 or €175m in 2025. Admittedly that could be rubbish but he (or rather his advisors) have always insisted on a release clause in his contract at every club he's been at.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

150mio release clause written into his contract after 2 years... his old man has already said he wants him to do Germany, England, France, Spain and Italy so that there can be no doubts whether he goes down as one of the best ever (and no doubt he sees part of a chunky signing on fee each time). I can definitely see him going to Madrid in 3 years time
  • Options
    France!?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    France!?
    PSG in his 30s, replace Messi :wink:
  • Options
    He's the real deal. 
  • Options
    He's alright but could he do it over Hackney Marshes on a Sunday morning though?
  • Options
    He's alright but could he do it over Hackney Marshes on a Sunday morning though?
    Big Ron would have got someone to put a reducer in on him early doors. 

Hard to score when you can’t walk 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Guaranteed he'll pull a hamstring 2 days before he is due to play Arsenal.

FML.
    North London's biggest club.
  • Options
    Had a look at Wikipedia to see what the differences were between Messi and Haaland in terms of numbers by the age of 22.

By the age of 22, Lionel Messi had scored about 86 league goals if you take it up to the end of the 2008-2009 season. 

Haaland is already on 172.