Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erling Haaland

Comments

• Options
    Could probably do it on Hackney Marshes with the entirety of all the other teams attempting to stop him
    Id pay good money to watch Innis trying to defend against him! 😆
    Or playing for City in the '70s 

• Options
    Hands up if you had Salah as captain in your Fantasy Football Team like - me! Now hands up if you are going to have anyone else other than Haaland as your captain for the rest of the season - not me!
  • Options
    Hands up if you had Salah as captain in your Fantasy Football Team like - me! Now hands up if you are going to have anyone else other than Haaland as your captain for the rest of the season - not me!
    I play in a draft. 

I was luckily enough to get the first pick. 

Obviously it was between Salah and Haaland, I picked Salah...
  • Options
    After watching the game yesterday, I dread to think how many goals he could score this season.  Think 31 is the premier league record & I think he could beat that if he plays enough games
    He'd have had a fair crack at beating it by Christmas if the World Cup hadn't got in the way.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Whenever I see him all I can think is Drago in Rocky 4…
    I always get the bad guy from ghostbusters 
    The Stay Puff Man?
  • Options
    Erling Haaland has more Premier League goals this season than 14 teams, including Manchester United and Chelsea.
    What's even more remarkable, he has more goals than Man City.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    There seems to be a lot of mention of Real Madrid in a few years. I’m not sure what that is based on. 

Surely Man City would be willing to break all kinds of wage records to keep him if need be.

I can’t even begin to fathom what sort of transfer fee a player like him in his prime commands in a few years’ time. 
    Based on the fact that he's only 22 and already at his 4th professional club. He doesn't stick around long.

Marca have already reported that he has two release clauses included in his 5 year deal. He can apparently leave for €200m in the summer of 2024 or €175m in 2025. Admittedly that could be rubbish but he (or rather his advisors) have always insisted on a release clause in his contract at every club he's been at.
    One of the City owner's other clubs could instigate the release clause, then City do the same to the release clause in his contract at the other club.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    France!?
    Country on the European mainland.  Beaten by Charlton Athletic 2-0.  Beautiful countryside, wasted on the French.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    There seems to be a lot of mention of Real Madrid in a few years. I’m not sure what that is based on. 

Surely Man City would be willing to break all kinds of wage records to keep him if need be.

I can’t even begin to fathom what sort of transfer fee a player like him in his prime commands in a few years’ time. 
    Based on the fact that he's only 22 and already at his 4th professional club. He doesn't stick around long.

Marca have already reported that he has two release clauses included in his 5 year deal. He can apparently leave for €200m in the summer of 2024 or €175m in 2025. Admittedly that could be rubbish but he (or rather his advisors) have always insisted on a release clause in his contract at every club he's been at.
    One of the City owner's other clubs could instigate the release clause, then City do the same to the release clause in his contract at the other club.
    That only works if he wants to stay, in which case he just wouldn’t sign for anyone else. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haaland is averaging 1.75 goals per league game. 

The 2002 Africa Cup of Nations averaged 1.5 goals per game.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Haaland has put in for planning permission to extend his house, he needs more room for all the match balls.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

That only works if he wants to stay, in which case he just wouldn’t sign for anyone else. 
    I'm not sure I was being serious.
  • Options
    Wish we could borrow him from City, just for a month!
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Whenever I see him all I can think is Drago in Rocky 4…
    I always get the bad guy from ghostbusters 
    The Stay Puff Man?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could probably do it on Hackney Marshes with the entirety of all the other teams attempting to stop him
    £32 plus booking fee?
  • Options
    shrewd move by his agent or father to set what is by current standards a 'lowish' transfer fee as a contractual 'escape clause' .. a lot less than Citeee paid for Grealish
  • Options
    WSS said:
    £32 plus booking fee?
    If circumstances ever conspired to mean we played them in a cup game then yes, but Thomas would find a way to charge more!

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Erling Haaland's 14 PL goals would have been good enough to get him into the top 10 goalscorers in 23 of the last 30 PL seasons
    At his current rate of scoring, he'll break the PL record for most goals in a season within 12 matches. That'll leave him 18 more to extend it.

The blokes a freak.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    One thing that has struck me watching the Prem recently (and particularly people like Haaland) is the desire they show – when Haaland makes a run he commits to it 110%, full sprint and you can see he's determined to beat the defender.

Similarly I saw Jesus score a tap-in the other day where he out-battled the defender to win the ball, purely because he wanted it more. 

You rarely see that with our lot in League One. Other than Dobson, there is a kind of lethargy to the play. Feels like players give you 70-80% rather than 110%. Perhaps that's why they're not top players. 
    Can't bring myself to like this, it nauseates me but you're dead right, punches are being pulled.  Bad enough if that's just a confidence/sub-conscious thing, I'm not convinced most of them aren't choosing to hold a bit back.
  • Options
    Man City have Southampton at home next Saturday.

Haaland may casually only give them a 2 goal bitch slap and get subbed after 13 minutes

Best to rest him 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    One thing that has struck me watching the Prem recently (and particularly people like Haaland) is the desire they show – when Haaland makes a run he commits to it 110%, full sprint and you can see he's determined to beat the defender.

Similarly I saw Jesus score a tap-in the other day where he out-battled the defender to win the ball, purely because he wanted it more. 

You rarely see that with our lot in League One. Other than Dobson, there is a kind of lethargy to the play. Feels like players give you 70-80% rather than 110%. Perhaps that's why they're not top players. 
    Every time I’ve heard a podcast or interview with an ex premier league player who dropped down a league or two in the final stages of their career. They have always said exactly this. The dressing room was full of players who didn’t quiet commit as much as the teammates they were used to playing with. That extra 10%
  • Options
    How long before he got Charltonised, if we had signed him?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    How long before he got Charltonised, if we had signed him?
    He'd have torn a cruciate during his medical.