Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erling Haaland

Comments

• Options
    Decades ago scientists built a computer program to see what an athlete would need to need to be the perfect decathlete and remarkably Daley Thompson was nigh on that. I suspect if they did the same for a striker that would come up with Haaland
  • Options
    You could tell the pundits speaking about his 'amount of touches' they were clutching at straws. 

He's a superstar. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    How many goals will this beast score this year. Already has 2 today against ManYoo. What’s that, 16 for season? 
    just reading this and he gets another !! 

• Options
    Wondering if he’ll get as many as Stockley.
  • Options
    Whenever I see him all I can think is Drago in Rocky 4…
    I always get the bad guy from ghostbusters 
  • Options
    Erling Haaland only made his Premier League debut 56 days ago, but he already has as many hat-tricks in the competition as Cristiano Ronaldo (3).
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He’s an absolute freak of nature!  

Who cares if he barely touches it - when he does he scores or assists

brilliant to see a proper bully boy.
    That assist for the 4th put that to bed.
  • Options
    Erling Haaland has more Premier League goals this season than 14 teams, including Manchester United and Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    After watching the game yesterday, I dread to think how many goals he could score this season.  Think 31 is the premier league record & I think he could beat that if he plays enough games
    34 (Cole and Shearer) but they were both in 42 game seasons, or 32 (Salah) in a 38 game season.
    The record for competitive goals is 44, Haaland has 38% of that already.

He is on course for 78 league goals!!
  • Options
    Could he be described as a cheat code or is that only reserved for Ryan Innis?
  • Options
    They should've signed Harry Kane for 100 mil
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    They should've signed Harry Kane for 100 mil
    TBF Kane might have even scored in August in this team.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Whenever I see him all I can think is Drago in Rocky 4…
    I always get the bad guy from ghostbusters 

• Options
    He's basically unplayable. Pace, power, height, great first touch,  great in the air, equally adept at finishing with both feet. God knows what fee he'd go for. Would probably clean TS out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are witnessing greatness.

Cynics will say 'oh well it's easy to score in that City side' but they've had plenty of strikers over the years who've not got close to what Haaland is doing.

I'm confident that when his career is over he'll be remembered as one of the all time great centre forwards. 

In the Bundesliga, Premier league, Champions league and at international level he has played 119 games and scored 123 goals.
    Reminds me of the orginal Ronaldo before 2002, just a mile better than every other striker playing.
  • Options
    The one thing that is better than a false number 9 is a Goal scoring Centre Forward, striker, who has the lot in terms of pace, height, strength, power shots and instincts to get on to the myriad of chances that City create. Sterling had to go because he would have got in the way.

Agreed. Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko leaving also helped to pay for the new arrivals and more to the point balance the wage bill
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Decades ago scientists built a computer program to see what an athlete would need to need to be the perfect decathlete and remarkably Daley Thompson was nigh on that. I suspect if they did the same for a striker that would come up with Haaland
     When retiring from football Alfie Haaland trained as a genetic scientist and once qualified he used the DNA he'd collected from opponents during his playing days. Alan Shearer, Cantona, Roy Keane (he got plenty of that!) and created the monster we see before us today.
  • Options
    He's not bad, but he's no Mendonca...
  • Options

Cynics will say 'oh well it's easy to score in that City side' but they've had plenty of strikers over the years who've not got close to what Haaland is doing.

I'm confident that when his career is over he'll be remembered as one of the all time great centre forwards. 

In the Bundesliga, Premier league, Champions league and at international level he has played 119 games and scored 123 goals.
    Aguero didn't score like this and is probably the best out and out striker to grace the prem. Haaland looks like he is playing against u15s teams in every match
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Aguero didn't score like this and is probably the best out and out striker to grace the prem. Haaland looks like he is playing against u15s teams in every match
    RVN is probably the closest out and out striker IMO.

Not sure who else to compare Haaland to.  He isn't as good as footballer as Ronaldo (either), Henry, Rooney, Zlatan or Messi.

He will certainly score more goals than most of them though, and if that's your job, that's what counts.