Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• edited March 2023
    Brendan Rodgers must be close to getting sacked, awful result yesterday and only 3 points above the bottom 3 now.
    They're really missing the Jamie Vardy of a couple of years ago, Iheanacho missed 3 great chances

Leicester and Charlton were at the same level a decade or so ago when Vardy first joined from Fleetwood and Yann scored twice against his old team to beat them at the Valley. 

Sliding doors since then with their successes and our self inflicted demise.

Rogers is a top manager but you are only as good as the players available. Leicester will be even weaker if Maddison goes to a top Seven club in August.
  • I imagine every season they aim for fourth place........fourth from bottom that is.
  • 6 points between Palace in 12th and Bournemouth at the bottom. There's bound to be one more sacking by a desperate owner hoping for a short term bounce...
  • edited March 2023
    Thesports1 . com
  • Dive from Rashford?
  • What a team goal. Shame its Liverpool 
  • MrBurns said:
    What a team goal. Shame its Liverpool 
    Quite shocking defending for all the bin dippers goals
  • This isn’t how I saw this match going 
  • edited March 2023
    A win today and out of nowhere from being mid-table not so long ago, Liverpool become favourites over Spurs/Newcastle to make the top 4.
    5 points behind Spurs with a game in hand. Daniel Levy will be worried  :D
  • Not unhappy to see Man U being walloped. Just a shame it’s being done by these pricks.
  • Sponsored links:

• A win today and out of nowhere from being mid-table not so long ago, Liverpool become favourites over Spurs/Newcastle to make the top 4.
    5 points behind Spurs with a game in hand. Daniel Levy will be worried  :D
    Three points and a much better goal difference, win the game in hand and they go forth 
  • Fernandes isn’t someone you’d want to be in the trenches with!
  • Did the fan that ran on after the 7th collide with one of the Liverpool players?
  • Well done Liverpool 

Fucking bin dipping snot gobling cnuts 
  • I’m getting more and more irritated by players blatantly lying (and by association, cheating) to the officials. Wagging their fingers at the ref and getting in his face when replays show the ref was right, and clearly so. Going down holding their face when replays show it didn’t happen.
    I understand protesting a debatable decision, but the blatant lying is so annoying.
    Bruno Fernandez at least twice today, but it’s not just him.
    Gary Neville even called it embarrassing and a disgrace today, but why don’t the authorities do something about it? Can’t do much in the moment, granted, but retrospective yellow cards would surely cut it down a bit?
    Grinds my gears.
    Losing my love  of football for the reasons described above , fully agree something should be done, from top to bottom it is a disgrace how the prize money is allocated.
  • changing subject slightly...

• United were an absolute shambles in that 2nd half. Their heaviest defeat for 92 years and the petulant, sulking Fernandes summed up their performance. He is the captain and is meant to lead by example. 
  • edited March 2023
    I've long thought cards should be done away with and a video panel applies disciplinary points for every transgression, from dileberate handball all the way to claiming kicks and throws you now you shouldn't get.

Then once a month, deduct league points based on disciplinary points gained.

Far too often the referee is far to close to the action, with no overview of the context or scale of the foulplay to make the simplistic card system anything other than utterly useless at enforcing the rules of the game.
  • United were horrible. Casemiro first half looked pissed and Shaw second half, well that was up there with Llera away at Colchester. 

Salah looked red hot today tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Few things please me more in football than Man U getting smashed. Worst defeat since 1931 and it comes against your main rivals, fucking hilarious!
  • Liverpool have to play both City and Arsenal in early April, games which could help decide the title
  • How did Bruno get away with shoving the lino?
  • Shame on me but I was cheering the bin dippers on….
    Anyone but spurs for 4th spot 
  • I don’t like Liverpool but really enjoyed that. United starting to get arrogant again so will take them down a peg or two. 
  • I’m getting more and more irritated by players blatantly lying (and by association, cheating) to the officials. Wagging their fingers at the ref and getting in his face when replays show the ref was right, and clearly so. Going down holding their face when replays show it didn’t happen.
    I understand protesting a debatable decision, but the blatant lying is so annoying.
    Bruno Fernandez at least twice today, but it’s not just him.
    Gary Neville even called it embarrassing and a disgrace today, but why don’t the authorities do something about it? Can’t do much in the moment, granted, but retrospective yellow cards would surely cut it down a bit?
    Grinds my gears.
    In Rugby League if the ref is not sure about something he can put it on report, this is then looked at a few days later and players can then be charged with an offence or exonerated. 
  • From Heroes to Zeros in seven days:

Not just Man United being incapable of damage limitation at 3-0 down but West Ham going from a 4-0 win and blowing bubbles to a week later a 4-0 defeat and blowing out their arse.

If the Scousers can play with that motivation until the end of the season then they will surely finish above Saudi Arabia United and Kane and Son to finish in top 4.

Liverpool, the City where the average Scallywag can take your tyres off speedier than 'Kwik fit' are not a spent force but were just having a time out after going neck to neck with United Arab Emirates City over the past few seasons.
  • Bournemouth take the lead after the Liverpool defence go on strike in support of Lineker
  • I still think that Liverpool will win but they are poor in these 12.30 KO this season.