Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Brownie12 said:
    Ben Chilwell’s defending for the 2nd spurs goal was a disgrace. Also, Jorginho went to Arsenal for £20m and his replacement (who is no better) cost £105m. Chelsea are everything that is wrong in football. 
    True but when it goes wrong for Chelsea like it is at the moment it's brilliant for football. Love it
  • Brownie12 said:
    Ben Chilwell’s defending for the 2nd spurs goal was a disgrace. Also, Jorginho went to Arsenal for £20m and his replacement (who is no better) cost £105m. Chelsea are everything that is wrong in football. 
    True but when it goes wrong for Chelsea like it is at the moment it's brilliant for football. Love it
    100%. 
  • Arsenal cruising to another victory
  • Arsenal win 4-0 over Everton, not good for Everton's GD
  • Liverpool looking at the top four again
  • That must be the longest, in a premier league game, between the 1st goal and last goal?
  • Actually wouldn't have minded Arsenal winning the league, as it would make a change from City winning again, but now starting to hope they don't because Arteta has turned into a massive bellend in the last couple of months.
  • Actually wouldn't have minded Arsenal winning the league, as it would make a change from City winning again, but now starting to hope they don't because Arteta has turned into a massive bellend in the last couple of months.

Well, and "Thomas Party".
  • Palace still haven't won in 2023. 
  • Sponsored links:

Next three are Man City (H), Brighton (A) and Arsenal (A). With a bit of luck they'll be in the mix after three more defeats.
    Never stop believing. 
    Yes they can go down 
  • Southampton's win tonight really closes up the bottom of the table.

Really hope the stripey twunts get dragged down into it more 
  • Them, wolves and Leicester are comfortably good enough to stay up.
  • Those rubbish points that Nigels have been picking up at home recently have kept them above water. If I had to pick one team who I want to be relegated I would choose West Ham. Shame it can’t be them & Nigels.
  • IdleHans said:
    Palace still haven't won in 2023. 
    Next three are Man City (H), Brighton (A) and Arsenal (A). With a bit of luck they'll be in the mix after three more defeats.
    But after that they have a run of much easier games and play only 2 top half sides (Spurs/Fulham) in the last 10 games.

Their home games to finish the season are Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Forest.

Sadly i don't think they'll be near the danger zone heading into the last 3-4 games.
  • A win today and out of nowhere from being mid-table not so long ago, Liverpool become favourites over Spurs/Newcastle to make the top 4.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    That must be the longest, in a premier league game, between the 1st goal and last goal?
    Just seen it wasnt... Yakubu once scored after 68secs in a 3-3 draw between Wigan and Blackburn, he then scored the last game of the game in the 98th minute, gap of 97mins and 6secs

The gap between first goal / last goal yesterday was 96mins and 51secs
  • After Nelson's shot across the bows to Man City hopes, then surely Arsenal have one eye on the title ?
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    But after that they have a run of much easier games and play only 2 top half sides (Spurs/Fulham) in the last 10 games.

Their home games to finish the season are Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Forest.

Sadly i don't think they'll be near the danger zone heading into the last 3-4 games.
    Dont spoil it!
    You're quite right, but it's entirely possible they'll be close to the bottom three after the next 3 games, and though it wont last let's enjoy it while we can. The spawny bastards always pick up an unexpected vital point against a big team and I fully expect that to happen again.

• IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:

Dont spoil it!
    You're quite right, but it's entirely possible they'll be close to the bottom three after the next 3 games, and though it wont last let's enjoy it while we can. The spawny bastards always pick up an unexpected vital point against a big team and I fully expect that to happen again.

Let's hope they do get sucked in and who knows what will happen then. Pressure mounts, fans get edgy, players get a bit nervous wondering where the next win is coming from, anxious to not make a mistake. Suddenly an expected home win becomes a must win 6 pointer.

We can dream.
  • Palace have 5 more chances this season (Arsenal, Man City, Brighton, Spurs and Fulham) to beat a top half team which they have so far failed to do.  10 years in the PL and they are yet to finish in the top half themselves.  

Of course I would swap places with them but they really have stagnated this season. If they lose their next 3 then they won't have won in 15 and not in 2023. Their run in is comparatively easy and they sit 12 because they have done well against the poorer teams but they did lose to Southampton in the FA Cup in their recent run and Zaha is out of contract in the summer and maybe starting to think about not getting injured..?  

I am 100% certain they will be safe but live in hope the natives get restless and they get in a spin.
  • Palace have 5 more chances this season (Arsenal, Man City, Brighton, Spurs and Fulham) to beat a top half team which they have so far failed to do.  10 years in the PL and they are yet to finish in the top half themselves.  

Of course I would swap places with them but they really have stagnated this season. If they lose their next 3 then they won't have won in 15 and not in 2023. Their run in is comparatively easy and they sit 12 because they have done well against the poorer teams but they did lose to Southampton in the FA Cup in their recent run and Zaha is out of contract in the summer and maybe starting to think about not getting injured..?  

I am 100% certain they will be safe but live in hope the natives get restless and they get in a spin.
    Natural cycle for most Prem league clubs other than the top 6.

They'll stay up this season but hopefully next year they will drop when Zaha leaves 
  • Forest win today would drop them a place, it would be a start.
  • Those rubbish points that Nigels have been picking up at home recently have kept them above water. If I had to pick one team who I want to be relegated I would choose West Ham. Shame it can’t be them & Nigels.
    If you could ensure West Ham and Palace to go down then Millwall might forego promotion.

The positive vibes and more attacking football that Vieira brought when he took over from Hodgson do seem to have gone, thankfully. They could easily have progressed to be like Brighton and Fulham this season.
  • Brendan Rodgers must be close to getting sacked, awful result yesterday and only 3 points above the bottom 3 now.
  • Brendan Rodgers must be close to getting sacked, awful result yesterday and only 3 points above the bottom 3 now.
    They're really missing the Jamie Vardy of a couple of years ago, Iheanacho missed 3 great chances
    They should have won yesterday.
    Rogers is a quality manager. If they sack him I think they'd be much more likely to go down.