Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFT sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Sounds like I should start listing some of my Photography as NFTs - If someone then wants to invest in what'll be nothing more than a Digital print I've gone and captured / produced its a win for me... No?

If no one shows interest, then I've not lost anything, other than the time it took to upload and create the post
  • Options
    I take pictures of cats, and have found a 'safe space' on the internet where other cat lovers like me share pictures and news.
    If anybody is interested in seeing my hundreds of pictures, I can do you a deal and will email you a picture once you transfer £50 into my bank account...or ten pictures for £450.
    Sheesh I didn't know I was that rich.
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:
    Why doesn't the NFT simply trade in an established currency?
    Because NFTs are created on a cryptocurrency blockchain. This gives them a unique address which cannot be replicated so you know that it is original. 

seth plum said:
    Way too many hoops to jump through.
    And for what?
    This is how NFTs work.

There is huge demand and interest in NFTs around the world. For example, Adidas and Nike have sold new shoe and trainer collections this year as NFTs where demand outstripped the supply which led to huge prices being paid in the marketplaces https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-cryptokicks-nft-blockchain-metaverse-rtfkt

Sports clubs and teams in the US are pushing more and more into NFTs. The NBA's official NFTs have a total traded volume now in excess of $1bn.

I think the Premier League clubs have agreed to a deal to sell NFTs that should be coming this year as they realise the demand and size of the market. So you potentially buy a player card or a video of a goal that has been converted into a NFT and the owner will hold the rights to it.
    Why the hell does anyone want a picture of some trainers?  Why would an NFT video of a goal be worth anything?  You won't own the rights the goal do you, just THAT video of it.

I can see value in the technology.  Storing electronic documents etc.  A really good market for NFTs would be trading card games like magic the gathering.

But the idea that a picture of a monkey in a football shirt has value because its a NFT not just a picture of a monkey in a football shirt is absolutely nonsense.
  • Options
    How much would this company have paid to sponsor the back of our shorts? 
  • Options
    Sounds like I should start listing some of my Photography as NFTs - If someone then wants to invest in what'll be nothing more than a Digital print I've gone and captured / produced its a win for me... No?

If no one shows interest, then I've not lost anything, other than the time it took to upload and create the post
    You need to pay to create it but not much depending on where you do so.

However, like you say, if they invest then yes a win for you.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    About 50 kilos of mushrooms.
  • Options
    Zero mention of the artwork in your descriptions. 

Only mentions of demand, value, investment. 

Wanting more demand so you can cash out your worthless NFTs ain't gonna work, sorry. 
    Generous Robots are a long term investment for me. They have a value to me and a value in the marketplace. I like the artwork but it's more their business model that I am interested in.

As I said though, NFTs are my full time career and I live a good lifestyle from them.

Wanting more demand so you can cash out your worthless NFTs ain't gonna work, sorry. 
    I think you are right in that JohnnyB hasn't even mentioned what Generous Robots are/do.
    It doesn't really matter. The public buy, the price goes up & the current holders cash in at a profit.

I have linked to the website where the details are on there if you look at the whitepaper. The model is going to be complicated to explain but there are enough details in the whitepaper to give you an idea.

I think it is unfair to be labelled on here as a scam investment as some have alluded to on here. There is no intention at all to scam anyone, fans or otherwise. I have tried to explain things the best I can and hopefully people understand that.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    A bunch of cabanos.
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:

Generous Robots are a long term investment for me. They have a value to me and a value in the marketplace. I like the artwork but it's more their business model that I am interested in.

As I said though, NFTs are my full time career and I live a good lifestyle from them.

I think you are right in that JohnnyB hasn't even mentioned what Generous Robots are/do.
    It doesn't really matter. The public buy, the price goes up & the current holders cash in at a profit.

I have linked to the website where the details are on there if you look at the whitepaper. The model is going to be complicated to explain but there are enough details in the whitepaper to give you an idea.

I think it is unfair to be labelled on here as a scam investment as some have alluded to on here. There is no intention at all to scam anyone, fans or otherwise. I have tried to explain things the best I can and hopefully people understand that.
    The only thing that comes up when I click on Generous Robots website link is Tilda how to create a website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure one of the Sandgaard family (Joachim) founded a company called Medchain which was a medical record project built on the blockchain. No longer active. But I was thinking is this something they could monetise IE convert Mendoncas goals at wembley into NFT you could argue that it was a piece of art:) and anyone could trade it with a CAFC blockchain acting as the middle man for a fee. How far can this stuff go? Also have to admit don't really understand it completely but I also never got involved in those awful pyramid things everyone jumped on locally in the late 90's.
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:

The only thing that comes up when I click on Generous Robots website link is Tilda how to create a website.
    You don't know what your missing, you can "win" a picture of a piece of lego!!!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    0.0043001672 ethowankstrokes
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:

I think that may be the problem. The 'explanation'.
    If you were trading in vegetables that you actually grow, and are tangible, then people can understand that.
    You tend nurture and grow a bunch of carrots that you estimate has cost you £1 to create, store and transport, and sell them to Worzel down the road for £2 then bingo you have made £1.
    Worzel might even use them in making a carrot cake, and get a return on his £2, and somebody somewhere has had a bit of nosh.
    The only thing you seem to be saying is there is some kind of ridiculously convoluted way of buying a picture to look at on your computer, and that is supposed to be a good thing in some way.
    I mentioned earlier that fans of this malarkey have honed their skill of persuasion all right, but there is no substance, at least magic beans were tangible and you got a beanstalk out of them.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I do understand that you like physical and tangible assets. All I can say though is that digitised art, collections, videos and more are assets that people want to buy.

Football clubs are getting involved more and more in NFTs. For example yesterday, Barcelona FC sold an NFT piece of art based on Johan Cruyff's wonder goal. Now you might think that is worthless, but someone paid $693,000 for it at auction https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2022/07/30/62e4abb746163fd28f8b459f.html
  • Options
    A fool and his money then.
    You can watch the actual goal being scored, including movement, for free on the internet as the link shows.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    JohnnyB said:
    seth plum said:
    I do understand that you like physical and tangible assets. All I can say though is that digitised art, collections, videos and more are assets that people want to buy.

Football clubs are getting involved more and more in NFTs. For example yesterday, Barcelona FC sold an NFT piece of art based on Johan Cruyff's wonder goal. Now you might think that is worthless, but someone paid $693,000 for it at auction https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2022/07/30/62e4abb746163fd28f8b459f.html
    Can you tell me what they have actually paid for and why it's different to me creating a GIF at zero, or near to it, cost?

They don't own the copy right to that goal do they?  Because that's not Barcelona's to sell.
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:
    seth plum said:

But I can just copy a video of that goal and sell it myself as an NFT and then someone else can do the same thing. What would make my one worth more than the other one ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can you tell me what they have actually paid for and why it's different to me creating a GIF at zero, or near to it, cost?

They don't own the copy right to that goal do they?  Because that's not Barcelona's to sell.

I am not sure what you mean. It is a 1/1 piece of artwork that sold for $693,000 (https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2022/fc-barcelona-in-a-way-immortal/fc-barcelona-in-a-way-immortal?locale=en). I am not sure how you could create the same artwork? If you could create anything even remotely similar than what was sold then I would be mightily impressed.

MrOneLung said:
    But I can just copy a video of that goal and sell it myself as an NFT and then someone else can do the same thing. What would make my one worth more than the other one ? 

It is the artwork that sold, not the original goal video. Someone could try to copy the artwork but the original has a unique address on the blockchain that cannot be copied.
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I am not sure what you mean. It is a 1/1 piece of artwork that sold for $693,000 (https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2022/fc-barcelona-in-a-way-immortal/fc-barcelona-in-a-way-immortal?locale=en). I am not sure how you could create the same artwork? If you could create anything even remotely similar than what was sold then I would be mightily impressed.

MrOneLung said:

It is the artwork that sold, not the original goal video. Someone could try to copy the artwork but the original has a unique address on the blockchain that cannot be copied.
    You mean in no way in the world could I do this?

You forgot to mention it also included 5 years of hospitality options.  So no an NFT didn't go for $700,000.
  • Options
    Nope, still don't understand.
    Is Johan Cruyff's wonder goal that was sold a proper physical painting?
    If no, in what form is this painting and how would the buyer view this painting?
  • Options
    Nope, still don't understand.
    Is Johan Cruyff's wonder goal that was sold a proper physical painting?
    If no, in what form is this painting and how would the buyer view this painting?
    Ctrl and c on the above image and its yours :-)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

You forgot to mention it also included 5 years of hospitality options.  So no an NFT didn't go for $700,000.

But you have not created anything. The original art is on the blockchain with the unique address (0x3cf185f2e927ef40dd2fe7cf547ef09771e33db3).

The NFT sold for $693,000. Yes, there are benefits to the holder but that does not change the price the NFT sold for.
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

But you have not created anything. The original art is on the blockchain with the unique address (0x3cf185f2e927ef40dd2fe7cf547ef09771e33db3).

The NFT sold for $693,000. Yes, there are benefits to the holder but that does not change the price the NFT sold for.
    The benefits to the holder have astronomical value. Go and price them up and come back to me.
  • Options
    JohnnyB said:
    bet they wish they never bothered to sponsor us now 
    I think it is fair to say at this point that Charlton Athletic will need to find a new sponsor next season.

Anyhow guys, I am out from here as I think your views on Generous Robots and NFTs generally are clear. I was not on here to argue as I just wanted to explain about some of us holders and that you have a few thousand extra fans for the season who are going to spend money on the club on streaming and merchandise.

Good luck with the season, I will watch your matches online.
    I think you mean “find a new sponsor for the back of our shorts”.