Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• If he gets a run they'll cash in by Christmas...  Welcome back Tracey's kid!
  • Miles back in full training probably rules out another striker coming in now completely. Obviously Dr Will will be managing how much he does and I don't expect him suddenly on the bench Saturday but it's so good to have him back. 
  • edited August 29
    It's been a long 9 months so another 4 to 6 weeks wouldn't be a surprise before he's in the 18 man squad.
    Good to hear the remarks of Nathan and how for him as a manager, Miles is a new signing !
  • Long way to go yet, but this news has made me extremely happy.
  • He will need 3 or 4 U21 games before being chucked into the first team.
  • Need to remember though he's still a youngster learning the tools of his trade, no different really to Kanu etc.

Nothing to say he's going to suddenly come into the team and be a 20-goal striker like May for example... I certainly remember games when he's played for us, and he's been marked out of the game, like the inexperienced player he still is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just in time to sell him! ;⁠-⁠)
  • Fit enough to participate in full training sessions but without what appeared to be a very vigorous pre season. No set backs and he’ll be match fit but will he be fit enough to slide into Jones team. I think we’ll see him used very sparingly for a couple of months yet, at least.
  • glad that he's properly on the mend .. at last
  • Anyone able to post a link to the SLP article 😉
  • Such good news. If Miles can repeat the form he had before he got injured, then I think we can start to dream that this may be our year.

Good luck Miles, great to have you back in full training again and looking forward to you gracing the new Valley pitch very soon.
  • Onwards & upwards, young man !
  • Great news, so good to have you back training Miles.
    So as the club said some time ago, we’re likely to see him in the first team sometime in October. Can’t wait. 
  • I don't think it will be as long as suggested by most for his first team return, if it was another 6 weeks I doubt the story would be released now as they've just lined themselves for questions of ''wheres Miles'' on every tweet

would guess he's on the bench for Rotherham in space of Kanu who i'd expect to go out on loan now 

providing he stays fit I think he'd likely be the biggest benefactor of working under Jones rather than what we had before

• Excellent news
  • Sponsored links:

• No way does he train for 6 weeks before even featuring. At the least i would expect him on the bench in 2 weeks max, or after he has had 45 mins for the U21s. It's not like he needs to start straight away.
  • I expect he will build up his minutes in the U21s and it will be a case of seeing where he goes from there. I would expect it will be less than 6 weeks before he is in contention for a first team place albeit from the bench to start with.
  • Would be amazed if he played any U21 football personally. Think he might be on the bench in a couple of weeks and then will play a chunk in the BSM game after that
  • I’m really hoping he’ll come back the same player but he’s been out for a long time so I’m not holding my breath.
  • Through the weakness elsewhere in this area, feels even more pressure will be on Leaburn to perform once returned. 

But if May didn’t fit how Jones likes to play, are we sure that Leaburn does? He’s neither a Ahadme or Campbell type player that he’s gone with. He’s not the type to be energetically sprinting the hard press. 
    A lot of assumption I think that he’ll replace Ahadme is due to his size, but they are very different types of player. 

What do others think?
  • Through the weakness elsewhere in this area, feels even more pressure will be on Leaburn to perform once returned. 

But if May didn’t fit how Jones likes to play, are we sure that Leaburn does? He’s neither a Ahadme or Campbell type player that he’s gone with. He’s not the type to be energetically sprinting the hard press. 
    A lot of assumption I think that he’ll replace Ahadme is due to his size, but they are very different types of player. 

What do others think?
    Jones says "he ticks all the boxes in terms of what we need" so from that I think Jones thinks ML will fit into how we play.
    Which to me reinforces the belief that at least half the problem with Alfie was the personal relationship. So Miles won’t be the only one feeling the pressure.