Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• ct_addick said:
    With his injury record that will put a lot of the bigger clubs off.......needs a good run of about 120 games for us first😉
    We’ll never see Miles return 120 games in a Charlton shirt. We’ll do well to see 50.
    He's played 58-games for us so far ;)Miles Leaburn - Wikipedia
    I meant 50 more games.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Id like to think Tracey and Carl would both be telling him to sign a new contract and not to be leaving on a free, even moreso after us spending a fortune on his rehab and sending him to St georges
    It would be good if he signed a new contract, particularly at this stage when we and he do not know the effect of his injury, but its up to him and his agent. 

Obviously he can talk to mum and dad for advice, but that is all it is.

This is not aimed ay @CAFCsayer but if here and on other social media put an emphasis on Tracy and Carl then there is a danger of an un warranted fans backlash against Tracy particularly if he does go.  and whilst everyone on CL are all sweetness and honey, we do have some dickheads amongst our fan base, as exampled by some tweets on X / twitter after defeats.
  • What a brilliant position to be in to have the striker options we have in League 1. 
  • Redhenry said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Id like to think Tracey and Carl would both be telling him to sign a new contract and not to be leaving on a free, even moreso after us spending a fortune on his rehab and sending him to St georges
    They will be telling him to secure his future and get the most money available...
    I don’t know. They’re not stupid and Carl’s made comments before about wanting him to develop properly and have a decent career in football and not just jumping ship at the first pound sign he sees.
  • I am really looking forward to Miles returning. I think he has a really good attitude and although we need to be patient, I am hoping he will get back to where he was and then start improving. Miles and Godden could become a very effective partnership in this league 
  • If I was him I'd be willing to sign a contract with a decent pay rise (he's still on his first pro contract) and with a relatively low release clause in league 1 and a higher one in the championship. That way the club will be compensated reasonably well and we have a chance of keeping him if we get promoted and he develops well with us.
  • If I was him I'd be willing to sign a contract with a decent pay rise (he's still on his first pro contract) and with a relatively low release clause in league 1 and a higher one in the championship. That way the club will be compensated reasonably well and we have a chance of keeping him if we get promoted and he develops well with us.
    Ultimately it will come down to money. That works both ways. Miles needs to be offered a decent increase and Miles ought to give consideration to signing a deal but with the necessary release clause that allows the club to make some money. January isn’t too far off and there will be European clubs well aware of him. 
  • Valley11 said:
    What a brilliant position to be in to have the striker options we have in League 1. 
    Really ?
  • Valley11 said:
    What a brilliant position to be in to have the striker options we have in League 1. 
    Really ?
    Exactly .  We have several of them but all of them have flaws - age, fitness or ability 
  • Sponsored links:

• Miles seems to be a very nice lad and a credit to his parents. His mum works for the club. The club has supported him well during his injury. He can move onwards and upwards whilst seeing the club right. All of these things suggest his departure, when it comes, as it will, won't be a messy one. 
  • ct_addick said:
    With his injury record that will put a lot of the bigger clubs off.......needs a good run of about 120 games for us first😉
    We’ll never see Miles return 120 games in a Charlton shirt. We’ll do well to see 50.
    He's played 58-games for us so far ;)Miles Leaburn - Wikipedia
    We've "done well" then! :-) 
  • Valley11 said:
    Really ?
    Due to Nathan Jones' style of play we're yet to see the best in any of our strikers.
    Putting the deep press aside.
    Our creative streak in theory should be coming from the wingbacks. As of yet, there has been very little from them. Hopefully, the team will get better the more they play.
  • PopIcon said:
    Valley11 said:
    Really ?
    Due to Nathan Jones' style of play we're yet to see the best in any of our strikers.
    Putting the deep press aside.
    Our creative streak in theory should be coming from the wingbacks. As of yet, there has been very little from them. Hopefully, the team will get better the more they play.
    Miles at his best and when fit is hopefully a difference maker there as he is the old clichéd "big guy who can actually play a bit." He has more ability to create his own chances or try something more creative/unexpected compared to Ahadme (on current evidence.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    we do have some dickheads amongst our fan base, as exampled by some tweets on X / twitter after defeats.
    You dont need twitter to know that, just go to an away game!
  • Scoham said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/jones-its-totally-different-test

Asked if he was looking to give the returning Miles Leaburn a runout in the U21s, Jones said: “He’s probably days - and that could be double figures in days - more than weeks away from actually playing in a game so that’s a good thing. We’ve got to be careful with him and we’ve got to push him now in training to get him to the levels where we feel we can expose him to a match and then we’ll have no fear in doing that.”
    On the bench at Shrewsbury maybe? Sounded like that might be the target to me 
  • fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/jones-its-totally-different-test

Asked if he was looking to give the returning Miles Leaburn a runout in the U21s, Jones said: “He’s probably days - and that could be double figures in days - more than weeks away from actually playing in a game so that’s a good thing. We’ve got to be careful with him and we’ve got to push him now in training to get him to the levels where we feel we can expose him to a match and then we’ll have no fear in doing that.”
    On the bench at Shrewsbury maybe? Sounded like that might be the target to me 
    Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s on the bench in the next few weeks. I don’t think it’s certain he’ll play for the u21s first.
  • Sneaky way of showing us Miles is back in training with the main group of lads?

https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1833831198503637401?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
  • Sneaky way of showing us Miles is back in training with the main group of lads?

https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1833831198503637401?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
    They announced that a week or so ago
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Chunes said:
    Feels like so long since I saw him have a run of games that it's hard to remember. But think he's physical and a goal threat, two things we're missing at the moment. 

His movement is a lot more intelligent than Ahadme's as well. Can see him finding some more space.
    For me if given the playing time and consistent games, if he stays Injury free Leaburn easily scores 15 goals this season. The kid will go all the way to the top. I've never seen a 19 year old bully seasoned centre half's the way he did before he got injured. 
    I'm a huge Leaburn fan, as we all are, but he didn't bully any centre halves from what I recall. I was always amazed that someone his size (granted he was playing in his teens) would get outmuscled so easily. I guess it's a nous thing as well. Can't wait to have him back though, I think he'll be the one doing the bullying from now on.

Much rather they show them practising crossing, shooting & taking free kicks. I know (hope) they do that as well but would be nice to see it as evidence to date proves otherwise. 

Much rather they show them practising crossing, shooting & taking free kicks. I know (hope) they do that as well but would be nice to see it as evidence to date proves otherwise. 
    Here you go https://x.com/CAFCofficial/status/1833890075446534375