Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Jeff Vetere, recently departed from Tottenham, came to watch Miles on their behalf.  He said, he’s one of the most highly regarded players in Europe - based on for what he offers, and for his age etc

Jeff is now out in Spain so hopefully he’s forgotten everything.
    I know there was also interest from a Belgian club so he’s definitely not a secret any more
    Any football scout worth its sort would do his homework and work out  who’s not a secret anymore. 

That went out the window when Football/Championship manager started over 25 years ago 
    Its sort??
    Come again? 
    Isn’t it salt not sort?
    Depends on your accent 
    lol what? Sort makes no sense at all.
    I do suffer from dyslexia, so that makes a lot of sense
  • No doubt he’ll be off in summer but we really need to rinse whoever comes in for him. £8m minimum please. 
  • It's interesting that someone has posted on the "Marks" thread that he wished Miles' goalscoring record wasn't so low. The fact is that he's made 28 League appearances and scored 9 goals which for someone in their first season as a pro and just 19 is very good. When one takes into account that he has only played 1,245 minutes and has two assists to his name too, that means that he produces a goal or assist every 113 minutes. Which is exceptional. 
    It's also three times as many league goals as the three senior strikers we've had this year have managed between them.
  • I know I'll get pelters for saying it but I still dont see it. I admit he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time but his last 2 goals even Bonne could score.....2 taps ins from a total distance of around 6 yards.  Again, I'll admit he's our best striker this season (although a fully fit Aneke would beat him into a cocked hat) but imo he'll never be a top striker. Championship striker at best. He's tall & fairly quick (but not express) but not what I'd call a top goalscorer. I wouldn't be basing my team around him. 

There, said it. 
    Completely wrong.
    How many goals does Haaland score from less than 6 yards? Is he any good?
    At 3 1/2 years younger Miles has all the atributes to become one of the best strikers around.

• Does this classify him as a cheat code yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2023
    shirty5 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Jeff Vetere, recently departed from Tottenham, came to watch Miles on their behalf.  He said, he’s one of the most highly regarded players in Europe - based on for what he offers, and for his age etc

I know there was also interest from a Belgian club so he’s definitely not a secret any more
    Any football scout worth its sort would do his homework and work out  who’s not a secret anymore. 

That went out the window when Football/Championship manager started over 25 years ago 
    Its sort??
    Come again? 
    ‘It’s salt’ he meant. 

Enjoy every game he plays for us, because there may not be many more, unfortunately. I hope if they do sell him we get a stonking fee with sell ons, and that they (whoever they are) are prepared to use the money to improve the playing squad. Otherwise it will be a tremendous waste.
  • shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Martin Sandgaard - “hold my beer”

What a great shining light in a mediocre season.  The best thing about his ability for me is that there’s a natural goal scorer and that is one of the hardest things to find in football at any level.  As much as I would like to keep him and build a team around him next season, I hope he goes on to have a career at a decent level and finds a team where he can start.  I don’t think he’ll go to a Chelsea as he would’ve watched what’s happened to Burstow.  If someone like Brentford or Brighton took a punt on him, that’s the sort of place I would like to see him end up.  Where he gets a real shot.  

I’d love to see him stay but that’s a few million in transfer fees potentially and any new/existing owner running a club for a loss of 8m a season will be selling him.  
  • I actually think he will stay for another season. Fully expecting Dobson to be sold in the summer and hoping that transfer fee will be deemed as acceptable to bank for the summer. 
  • I know I'll get pelters for saying it but I still dont see it. I admit he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time but his last 2 goals even Bonne could score.....2 taps ins from a total distance of around 6 yards.  Again, I'll admit he's our best striker this season (although a fully fit Aneke would beat him into a cocked hat) but imo he'll never be a top striker. Championship striker at best. He's tall & fairly quick (but not express) but not what I'd call a top goalscorer. I wouldn't be basing my team around him. 

There, said it. 
    As well as being a goalscorer he’s got a bit of everything to his game and shown it as a teenager in his first season of senior football in our average L1 side.

He’s got years ahead of him to gain experience and will still be developing physically.

He’s also been disrupted by a couple of injuries.

A top Prem striker probably not, but if he continues progressing as he has he and no major injuries problems should have a good career at that level.

We’re fortunate the club saw the potential impact he could make this season and he’s got another 2 years left on his contract, if only to maximise the fee we get for him.

He has such a rare combination of attributes for a striker, we’d probably be surprised just how many clubs have had look at him this season.
  • His dad thinks he needs another season with us in League 1
    Agree but hopefully not in an average team, on an average pitch.

There, said it. 
    So simple@golfsddick let’s start putting photos of Bonne up saying he is Miles Leaburn. That way when and we will sell Miles this summer we can give them that crap excuse for a striker Bonne.

There, said it. 

In two years time when he has fully grown into that body of his he could be incredible, at the moment he doesn't dominate the CBs as much as a 6ft5inch player should but that is no criticism of a 19yr old.

Along with his size he has pace, skill and awareness and an ability to be in the right place at the right time.  Bonne wouldn't have scored the tap ins as he would have been offside stopping the whole move earlier.
  • Would love to think we’ll get another season from him but I really don’t see it. I think we’ll get an ok/acceptable offer from a PL club in the summer and he’ll get loaned out to a promotion chasing Championship club.
  • Would love to think we’ll get another season from him but I really don’t see it. I think we’ll get an ok/acceptable offer from a PL club in the summer and he’ll get loaned out to a promotion chasing Championship club.
    I’m pretty sure we’ll get a silly offer or 2 as his stock is very high, he’s very young and he has all the attributes to be a top level striker. He will be the most in demand league 1 striker this summer. For once we have him on a decent length contract and a family who loves the club and is loved by the club.

If I’m being totally honest, I can’t remember an English teenage striker who is/was 6ft 4/5, fast, skillfull, strong, great at heading, has a poachers instinct and isn’t afraid to try and bully defenders. He really has the lot. And he seems a really lovely young man as well just to add to the equation.

If we sell him, we should be looking for £10m, but I’d accept £8m and have him playing for us next season.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    If it's so easy for Bonne to score those tap-ins you'd think he might have scored one in his previous 44 games

Jayden might have got a couple as well.
    They're usually found lurking near where the player who shot/crossed is as can't be bothered (mentally and/or physically) to get into the mixer.
  • We are a better team when he is playing in it, would love to see him playing with another half decent striker alongside him who can also score goals, sadly we do not appear to have one of those at the moment.
  • Peterborough have been very good at improving strikers, then selling them on for a big fee and using the money well on replacements. Selling Toney to Brentford, then bringing in Clarke-Harris from Bristol Rovers as his replacement for example.

While Brentford themselves are also excellent at this. They brought in Toney to replace Watkins and Benrahma, who both went for massive fees to the PL, making them a massive profit.
  • edited March 2023
    Im a big Miles fan, but still think there’s lots of area’s in his game that need to improve, thyat will only happen by being at a club where he plays every week, and gains experience, hopefully here, where he’ll get game time.
  • If we get any less than 10m for him then we have had our trousers down
    Don't bloomin say that. Our "owner" would probably get his guitar out to that wish!