Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• iaitch said:
    Might worry the opposition defence wearing that.
    Needs the club logo on it.. 
  • And it's the wrong red?
  • edited December 2022
    Get ready for January’s headline: Brighton snap up Charlton hat trick hero after 5-3 win at The Valley.
    You say that but we won 5-3 down at the Goldstone in 1985 and a certain Alan Curbishley scored twice and Brighton snaffled him up 

2 years later 
  • I hope we don’t build him up too much and place too much expectation on him given how crap his fellow forwards are 
  • A brief cameo on Wednesday might be valuable for his rehab but anything more than that seems to be cavalier risktaking when the club's league position is so desperate.
    We're not going to win the league cup and the round by round prize money is piss poor.  Miles's talents are best employed arresting Charlton's plummet towards 4th division ignominy.  (Same goes for a limited number of his colleagues)
    He's a game and enthusiastic competitor, he'll stick his hand up and play as soon as Hayes asks him but pragmatism needs to take precedence until 3rd division safety is achieved.
    Now there's a phrase to stir Addickted hearts  :'(
  • Scoham said:
     We don't want to sell him... 

OUR STAR BOY

We promise this isn't us putting him in the shop window. 

• edited January 2023
    If it hasn’t already been done there would be a good programme for your television set to be made about football in the family. Haarland, Lampard, Forster Caskey and so on, and probably the best of all from a London point of view, all the Allen’s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else spot Leaburn snr at Southampton….
  • edited March 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Jeff Vetere, recently departed from Tottenham, came to watch Miles on their behalf.  He said, he’s one of the most highly regarded players in Europe - based on for what he offers, and for his age etc

Jeff is now out in Spain so hopefully he’s forgotten everything.
    I know there was also interest from a Belgian club so he’s definitely not a secret any more
    Any football scout worth its sort would do his homework and work out  who’s not a secret anymore. 

That went out the window when Football/Championship manager started over 25 years ago 
  • Swisdom said:
    Jeff Vetere, recently departed from Tottenham, came to watch Miles on their behalf.  He said, he’s one of the most highly regarded players in Europe - based on for what he offers, and for his age etc

I know there was also interest from a Belgian club so he’s definitely not a secret any more
    Swap deal with Harry Kane is on the cards. Kane is keen on moving to us to improve his chance of winning something.

• Swisdom said:

Swap deal with Harry Kane is on the cards. Kane is keen on moving to us to improve his chance of winning something.
    Yes but could he put up with our fans who say he is useless and past his best because he only scores a goal every other game 😂
  • shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Any football scout worth its sort would do his homework and work out  who’s not a secret anymore. 

That went out the window when Football/Championship manager started over 25 years ago 
    Its sort??
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Its sort??
    Come again? 
  • Very impressive for a first season and a really nice lad, hope he continues progress and goes on to have an amazing career...... hopefully a bit more of it with us.
  • shirty5 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Its sort??
    Come again? 
    Isn’t it salt not sort?
  • shirty5 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Its sort??
    Come again? 
    Isn’t it salt not sort?
    Depends on your accent 
  • If he’s here first game of the new season I’ll be shocked 
  • If his family believe that the club will give promotion a real push next year, then we may see him, but I think it’s more likely to be a loan back as a way of securing his future and to help guarantee his development.

He’s an outstanding talent and I only wish we were further up the league to enjoy it more.
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:

Its sort??
    Come again? 
    Isn’t it salt not sort?
    Depends on your accent 
    lol what? Sort makes no sense at all.
  • I’d be amazed if all the big clubs aren’t looking seriously at Miles. Genuine all round strikers are pretty rare and he has all the tools (physicality, mobility, technique, and goalscoring instinct) to be a genuine all round striker. If he keeps developing at this rate he will definitely play top flight football and quite possibly at the upper echelons of that. 

I can’t see him being ours past the summer, but another season in League One wouldn’t be the worst thing for his development so hopefully any deal that sees him leaving the club might involve loaning him back for a year. Not saying that’s likely, but we can hope. 
  • Thought he showed that night at Old Trafford he has the ability to play at the top level. 

From a short term perspective I think in a good side with sufficient squad depth he can easily get 20+ next season. 

Long term who knows, but you would bet that with his support network his next step would be best for his career rather than the bank account.