Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Staff at Charlton being relieved of their duties

Comments

• Ross said:
    Thanks Ross. I hadn’t seen it
  • I've heard Keohane has been served a redundancy notice. Obviously I can't say it's 100% accurate. 
    Let’s hope so
  • I've heard Keohane has been served a redundancy notice. 
    ... with fries?
  • Fingers crossed ...
  • Oh no ! 

I feel a " Sorry to see you go" card fest will be appropriate...

Just forward your names to me for the looong list, thanks. :)
  • Good . See ya mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Tata and farewell
  • I did hear Saturday that a number of staff at The Valley have been given redundancy notices. Didn't think there were that many left.
  • I did hear Saturday that a number of staff at The Valley have been given redundancy notices. Didn't think there were that many left.
    What areas are they cutting back in Red Valiant, sad to hear.
    I was just told at The Valley, I assume administrative roles.
    I was just told at The Valley, I assume administrative roles.
    As you said in your earlier post, i'm actually surprised there's many people left to make redundant.

Given the amount of people that seemed to be let go under Sandgaard i got the impression we had a very threadbare workforce.
  • Here we go!
    Or maybe it’s restructuring and not cutbacks per se and the redundancy notices are a means to an end?

I was under the impression we were understaffed generally. 

But I dont hold out much hope that is true and the cost cutting is trimming numbers further whilst employing the more high profile names and senior appointments we have seen. 
  • but surely with redundancy it means that the job itself is going. It's not like you are sacking staff  & they are being replaced. If its redundancy then the role its is going. Caveat - I'm not a lawyer or employment guru. 
  • Sponsored links:

• but surely with redundancy it means that the job itself is going. It's not like you are sacking staff  & they are being replaced. If its redundancy then the role its is going. Caveat - I'm not a lawyer or employment guru. 
    Having gone through corporate restructures any role / deisrtments can be redefined as necessary to get around this. 
    Having gone through corporate restructures any role / deisrtments can be redefined as necessary to get around this. 
    Yes they normally reinvent the role and get one person to do the role that was previously the job of two. Feel sorry for people in this position but a football clubs staff at this level would always be looking over their shoulder. 
  • Bailey said:
    but surely with redundancy it means that the job itself is going. It's not like you are sacking staff  & they are being replaced. If its redundancy then the role its is going. Caveat - I'm not a lawyer or employment guru. 
    Yes they normally reinvent the role and get one person to do the role that was previously the job of two. Feel sorry for people in this position but a football clubs staff at this level would always be looking over their shoulder. 
    Can happen, also can be the case that no longer necessary to have someone looking after the catering, the toilet cleaning, the position of one or two match day officials, the ground staff and the bullying as the catering and toilet cleaning are now looked after by a new head of management, internal promotion leads to a head of ground staff reporting to the technical director and the bullying can fuck off. That's the same number of people (one out one in) but the existing role not required (all roles are fictitious).

or they could be cutting costs to reduce losses from an already too slim staff. 
  • Bailey said:
    but surely with redundancy it means that the job itself is going. It's not like you are sacking staff  & they are being replaced. If its redundancy then the role its is going. Caveat - I'm not a lawyer or employment guru. 
    Happened to me in 2019
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Happened to me in 2019
    Also happened to me many years ago and never received two people's wages
  • ross1 said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Happened to me in 2019
    Maybe you're doing my job  :o They reinvented my job & I was out of work. In the same meeting with HR when they told me that redundancy was a possibility they also gave me a certificate marking 10 years service.  :s
  • A redundancy notice leads to consultation about your job.

The consultation can lead to the offer a different job or accepting the redundancy on agreed terms.
  • ross1 said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Happened to me in 2019
    Maybe you're doing my job  :o They reinvented my job & I was out of work. In the same meeting with HR when they told me that redundancy was a possibility they also gave me a certificate marking 10 years service.  :s