Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Staff at Charlton being relieved of their duties

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    AddickRam said:
    I was in one of the east stand boxes for the last game of the season(shrewsbury i think). The service was shocking, waitress didn't know what beers were available, took about 20 minutes to get a second round of drinks. Food was lukewarm. For £1k that is terrible value, we complained and got a freeby in one of the west stand lounges for next season. Wonder if there have been other similar complaints.

Got invited to the Valley Pass box and since I live in Yorkshire jumped at the chance. 

Security refused to open the gate even though we had tickets was waiting half a hour outside until someone more senior told him to open it. 

Then as we waited in the box we waited another half hour for anyone to ask for our arrival drinks. 

When we did order the guy came back with no drinks have run out of pretty much every beer so made do with what little they did have. 

Food was just about warm and not enough to go around then afterwards when it came to paying for the drinks they didn't keep a list of what we ordered and also tried charging us for the free arrival drinks. Was a farce from start to finish. 

I did send a e-mail but zero response but again it was a freebie but I wouldn't buy a box or invite friends/family based on that experience alone. 

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch

Whatever happened to Friday Pizza 😲
  • The going rate is enough to keep body and soul together as a minimum.
    That assumes accommodation costs.
  • _MrDick said:
    shirty5 said:
    AddickRam said:
    I was in one of the east stand boxes for the last game of the season(shrewsbury i think). The service was shocking, waitress didn't know what beers were available, took about 20 minutes to get a second round of drinks. Food was lukewarm. For £1k that is terrible value, we complained and got a freeby in one of the west stand lounges for next season. Wonder if there have been other similar complaints.

Got invited to the Valley Pass box and since I live in Yorkshire jumped at the chance. 

Security refused to open the gate even though we had tickets was waiting half a hour outside until someone more senior told him to open it. 

Then as we waited in the box we waited another half hour for anyone to ask for our arrival drinks. 

When we did order the guy came back with no drinks have run out of pretty much every beer so made do with what little they did have. 

Food was just about warm and not enough to go around then afterwards when it came to paying for the drinks they didn't keep a list of what we ordered and also tried charging us for the free arrival drinks. Was a farce from start to finish. 

I did send a e-mail but zero response but again it was a freebie but I wouldn't buy a box or invite friends/family based on that experience alone. 

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch

Whatever happened to Friday Pizza 😲
    If you want to break even, then these incentives are the first thing you can save some dough on by getting rid 
  • swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    For me the difference between now and a year ago is we have a manager on the way up as opposed to a manager on the way down. However my fear is that it feels a bit like it did when Russell Slade arrived in terms of the footballing outlook. I want it to be a winning season and I am fed up feeling patient.
    ....after half a season, laughable 
    Adkins was in place this time last year.
    of course, totally mis-read that and thought @seth plum was referring to Jacko - apologies!!

• Gawd bless these people on twitter dot com, they know they can get easy attention by making stuff up 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Uboat said:
    paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    Major said:
    And besides all that, it's something else to moan about.
    Do you know the difference between legitimate concerns and ‘something to moan about’?
    Do you even think the former can exist in relation to Charlton?
    You really do have some front accusing me of having a narrative.🤣🙄
    You do have a narrative. The slightest hint of criticism and up you pop with your little emojis. 
    I am completely neutral on TS. He seems like a nice bloke, but he’s made some odd decisions and I honestly can’t say I have absolute confidence in him.
    It would be nice to be able to question his actions without the tedious ‘at least it gives you something else to moan about’ mob leaping into action.
    This is a discussion forum after all.  
    If i a have a narrative at all it’s to give people a chance, in the majority of posts which you choose to disregard I say I will hold judgement until he fucks it up, until then he should have a certain amount of support, but you are more interested in having a pop at someone who uses emojis!!, ffs, you are not neutral at all,every time Someone puts the boot in your on board knoshing them off. If it’s a discussion, let people discuss instead of trying to belittle people and being a complete prick along with it. If you want to tarnish peoples views to score points maybe read all that is written rather than highlight a suitable sentence to suit your narrative which is just to make a personal point.
  • swordfish said:
    Uboat said:
    paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    Major said:
    Do you know the difference between legitimate concerns and ‘something to moan about’?
    You do have a narrative. The slightest hint of criticism and up you pop with your little emojis. 
    I am completely neutral on TS. He seems like a nice bloke, but he’s made some odd decisions and I honestly can’t say I have absolute confidence in him.
    It would be nice to be able to question his actions without the tedious ‘at least it gives you something else to moan about’ mob leaping into action.
    I think people have different tolerance levels. For someone so optimistic and out to see the good in people, it might seem that the criticism, which isn't unfounded, but is often repeated from the same quarters, is incessant, as are the responses to it BTW. 

Can't we can all agree that we're bound to see things in a different light, but that overall the 'narrative 'is the same for us all, I hope.
    Unfortunately Uboat appears to have an issue with emojis 😂👍🙄😜, and positivity it seems.
  • paulfox said:
    swordfish said:
    Uboat said:
    paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    Major said:
    I think people have different tolerance levels. For someone so optimistic and out to see the good in people, it might seem that the criticism, which isn't unfounded, but is often repeated from the same quarters, is incessant, as are the responses to it BTW. 

Can't we can all agree that we're bound to see things in a different light, but that overall the 'narrative 'is the same for us all, I hope.
    Unfortunately Uboat appears to have an issue with emojis 😂👍🙄😜, and positivity it seems.
    I'd best get my tin hat out again (🎩 the closest emoji I can find) before the next round 🥊begins! 👍
  • Leaving it late to appoint a 1st team opposition analyst aren't they? 
    What, someone to say "blimey, they were good..."?
  • Scoham said:

How can anyone equate cutting a few jobs on 20 odd k a year with cost cutting when we have just signed 4 players on 20 odd k a month?
  • As we approach our 9th season in 14 in the third tier
    whilst palace enter their 10th consecutive season of top flight football
    and the scum enter their 10th season in 12 in the second tier
    let’s jostle one off that we have made some free signings from the 4th tier of English football 

And some even think they are good signings.
    Not sure if you're taking the piss Elfs but judging from peoples reactions on half a pre season game our new goalie looks like he's back up only. Hopefully that was just a bit of rustiness & he comes good (wasn't he in the 4th Division team of the year?) because if we're relying on MacG as first choice we're at a disadvantage straight away.
  • edited July 2022
    The proof is NOT in the pudding 

The proof OF the pudding IS IN THE EATING 

ie you can't judge the success of something while it is being developed but only when the end product is available 

These words are sheer Ambrosia.

Welcome to CL, Mary Berry. 
  • edited July 2022
    Chunes said:
    Does anyone know what toilet paper the club has been using since TS took over, is it 2-ply or 1-ply?
     Yes, sure. The players use Cushelle Quilted 3-ply; the away dressing room is supplied with cut up copies of the South London Press hanging on a string;  and non-playing staff have to bring in their own.  Match Officials have exclusive use of a "Groom of the Stool" which is one of the new jobs being advertised.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It’s a clusterfuck and has been so since the Danish egomaniac walked through the door.

As soon as he got that fucking guitar out I knew we were in trouble.

I am losing interest by the minute in the club, it just doesn’t feel like it belongs to us any longer with all this madness behind the scenes.

Anyone who can’t see what’s going on right now at the club is simply in denial.

Why can’t we just have a normal fucking owner?
    What is a normal owner? Simon Jordan? Darragh McAnthony? Murray? 
    I’d take any of them over this guy, I’d definitely take the Millwall owner any day of the week.

Look where we are, then look where Millwall are, then work out why that is.

We have had about ten years of awful ownership and management of the club, that’s why we are where we are.

I had such high hopes for Sandgaard but there are just way too many things going on that cause serious concern.

Plenty of folks on here are in denial about it, that’s up to them, but if @airmanbrown ain’t happy then I ain’t happy either.
    I don't think TS fancies being owner if this season is a flop. Maybe even if it is a success. 
    The management team changes constantly and there is a feeling of disconnect in a vague way.
    The breakeven strategy gives me a strange feeling.  Mind you I am grateful he rescued the club.  I just think he never realised the cost versus revenue .  
    That may sound strange given he is a business man but maybe his own bravado clouded the reality of it all.
    Having said that he must be spending a bundleaurline tickets , not to mention his time.

Alan Sugar is (was) a distinguished businessman yet couldn't hack it at Spurs because football isn't like 'proper business' to paraphrase what I once heard him say in an interview.
  • Sponsored links:

• COO now resigned ! 

From his role at Easyjet ....
  • LenGlover said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It’s a clusterfuck and has been so since the Danish egomaniac walked through the door.

As soon as he got that fucking guitar out I knew we were in trouble.

I am losing interest by the minute in the club, it just doesn’t feel like it belongs to us any longer with all this madness behind the scenes.

Anyone who can’t see what’s going on right now at the club is simply in denial.

Why can’t we just have a normal fucking owner?
    What is a normal owner? Simon Jordan? Darragh McAnthony? Murray? 
    I’d take any of them over this guy, I’d definitely take the Millwall owner any day of the week.

Look where we are, then look where Millwall are, then work out why that is.

We have had about ten years of awful ownership and management of the club, that’s why we are where we are.

I had such high hopes for Sandgaard but there are just way too many things going on that cause serious concern.

Plenty of folks on here are in denial about it, that’s up to them, but if @airmanbrown ain’t happy then I ain’t happy either.
    I don't think TS fancies being owner if this season is a flop. Maybe even if it is a success. 
    The management team changes constantly and there is a feeling of disconnect in a vague way.
    The breakeven strategy gives me a strange feeling.  Mind you I am grateful he rescued the club.  I just think he never realised the cost versus revenue .  
    That may sound strange given he is a business man but maybe his own bravado clouded the reality of it all.
    Having said that he must be spending a bundleaurline tickets , not to mention his time.

Alan Sugar is (was) a distinguished businessman yet couldn't hack it at Spurs because football isn't like 'proper business' to paraphrase what I once heard him say in an interview.

Normal business compared to football business is like a skilled Grand National jockey riding a rodeo horse for the first time.
  • shirty5 said:
    Updated list for vacancies at Charlton if anyone is interested in a role at the club.

https://www.charltonafc.com/vacancies/permanent-roles
    Hmm fancied Apprentice Groundstaff but it seems there's no salary. That is certainly cutting costs  :D
  • COO now resigned ! 

From his role at Easyjet ....
    The way things have gone it wouldn’t be surprising if our new COO resigns before they’ve been appointed.
  • paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    Major said:
    If i a have a narrative at all it’s to give people a chance, in the majority of posts which you choose to disregard I say I will hold judgement until he fucks it up, until then he should have a certain amount of support, but you are more interested in having a pop at someone who uses emojis!!, ffs, you are not neutral at all,every time Someone puts the boot in your on board knoshing them off. If it’s a discussion, let people discuss instead of trying to belittle people and being a complete prick along with it. If you want to tarnish peoples views to score points maybe read all that is written rather than highlight a suitable sentence to suit your narrative which is just to make a personal point.
    Ha ha ha! You really are something else. Bloody hell. 😂👍👏🤦🏻⚡️🦆🔥
  • Uboat said:
    paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    Major said:
    Ha ha ha! You really are something else. Bloody hell. 😂👍👏🤦🏻⚡️🦆🔥
    To be honest it’s probably best we steer clear of each others comments it’s no fun for anyone else, you can do your obligatory lols + likes with you’re pals I’ve probably upset along the way. I think you are full of shit, as you think I am. Let’s leave it there.👍😂👌🏻
  • _MrDick said:
    shirty5 said:
    Updated list for vacancies at Charlton if anyone is interested in a role at the club.

https://www.charltonafc.com/vacancies/permanent-roles
    Hmm fancied Apprentice Groundstaff but it seems there's no salary. That is certainly cutting costs  :D
    No, it’s cutting grass 
    Employing at grass roots level.