Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Staff at Charlton being relieved of their duties

Comments

• The market will find it's own level.

If the salary is too low they won't get anyone, if it's on the low side they may get someone, but with less experience than they'd hoped.

That said, 20-23k is lower than I would have expected and is basically around or just above minimum wage. Might not have the same Kudos down the pub with your mates but Waitrose pays better.
  • As we approach our 9th season in 14 in the third tier
    whilst palace enter their 10th consecutive season of top flight football
    and the scum enter their 10th season in 12 in the second tier
    let’s jostle one off that we have made some free signings from the 4th tier of English football 

Nobody is jostling but you know more than anyone, what can you do. We’ll know by the end of august how the percentages are looking.
  • Gribbo said:
    https://cafc.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=703d8ddc-5579-4f01-b1d0-57c6fe802772

£20-£23k seriously. Showed the JD to mate who is a Comms director - he said bare minimum £35k in London for that.
    £20-23k ? They are having a fucking laugh aren't they ?
    Standard rate for jobs in football. It’s a piss take but I’m sure that’s the rate across all teams not just Charlton.
    It's not just his work load but he has the responsibility of running a small team 23K ? It's disgraceful.
    It's a bit like the music, film and media industries. Definitely seems an employers market. Sure I've heard that even some airline pilots work for pittance to start off with, just to get enough miles under their belts to get into the longer haul, better paid jobs
    Certainly true in the US. There were stories of how regional airline pilots were being paid less than $30k, although that was a few years back. But as you say, once they had miles under their belts, they could earn significantly more. 
  • As we approach our 9th season in 14 in the third tier
    whilst palace enter their 10th consecutive season of top flight football
    and the scum enter their 10th season in 12 in the second tier
    let’s jostle one off that we have made some free signings from the 4th tier of English football 

And some even think they are good signings.
  • AddickRam said:
    I was in one of the east stand boxes for the last game of the season(shrewsbury i think). The service was shocking, waitress didn't know what beers were available, took about 20 minutes to get a second round of drinks. Food was lukewarm. For £1k that is terrible value, we complained and got a freeby in one of the west stand lounges for next season. Wonder if there have been other similar complaints.

Got invited to the Valley Pass box and since I live in Yorkshire jumped at the chance. 

Security refused to open the gate even though we had tickets was waiting half a hour outside until someone more senior told him to open it. 

Then as we waited in the box we waited another half hour for anyone to ask for our arrival drinks. 

When we did order the guy came back with no drinks have run out of pretty much every beer so made do with what little they did have. 

Food was just about warm and not enough to go around then afterwards when it came to paying for the drinks they didn't keep a list of what we ordered and also tried charging us for the free arrival drinks. Was a farce from start to finish. 

I did send a e-mail but zero response but again it was a freebie but I wouldn't buy a box or invite friends/family based on that experience alone. 
    At least we won though.

On a serious level, that catalogue of shocking customer service is inexcusable.
  • AddickRam said:
    I was in one of the east stand boxes for the last game of the season(shrewsbury i think). The service was shocking, waitress didn't know what beers were available, took about 20 minutes to get a second round of drinks. Food was lukewarm. For £1k that is terrible value, we complained and got a freeby in one of the west stand lounges for next season. Wonder if there have been other similar complaints.

Got invited to the Valley Pass box and since I live in Yorkshire jumped at the chance. 

Security refused to open the gate even though we had tickets was waiting half a hour outside until someone more senior told him to open it. 

Then as we waited in the box we waited another half hour for anyone to ask for our arrival drinks. 

When we did order the guy came back with no drinks have run out of pretty much every beer so made do with what little they did have. 

Food was just about warm and not enough to go around then afterwards when it came to paying for the drinks they didn't keep a list of what we ordered and also tried charging us for the free arrival drinks. Was a farce from start to finish. 

I did send a e-mail but zero response but again it was a freebie but I wouldn't buy a box or invite friends/family based on that experience alone. 

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch

• Well holding a full UK driving license potentially breaks the Equality Act for a start. Appreciate the budgetry constraints but having had the public property gig, doesn't matter which league we are in, if we get beaten, you're blamed by default. Been there, have the t-shirt still, to any potential applicants football is one unique industry - and that salary is derisory. 
    If, to fulfil the role, you need to drive in the UK, then you need a full UK driving licence. A perfectly legal requirement...
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    For me the difference between now and a year ago is we have a manager on the way up as opposed to a manager on the way down. However my fear is that it feels a bit like it did when Russell Slade arrived in terms of the footballing outlook. I want it to be a winning season and I am fed up feeling patient.
    The same Russell Slade who played dull defensive football? He wouldn’t give Aribo a chance because he had Crofts and Foley to play alongside an ageing Jackson, creating possibly the slowest midfield the division has ever seen.

Their footballing philosophies couldn’t be more different. Garner’s outlook is far closer to Robinson’s. I’m optimistic it’ll be a better season than last year, the concern for me is the issue we saw under Robinson, playing tippy tappy football at the back meaning we were unable to create clear chances. Also wouldn’t be surprising if we’re too open defensively or weak defending set pieces.

We appear to at least have a clearer plan than this time last year when the idea was to play 4-3-3 but with no real thought as to how players would fit together or what our style of play even was.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It’s a clusterfuck and has been so since the Danish egomaniac walked through the door.

As soon as he got that fucking guitar out I knew we were in trouble.

I am losing interest by the minute in the club, it just doesn’t feel like it belongs to us any longer with all this madness behind the scenes.

Anyone who can’t see what’s going on right now at the club is simply in denial.

Why can’t we just have a normal fucking owner?
    What is a normal owner? Simon Jordan? Darragh McAnthony? Murray? 
    I’d take any of them over this guy, I’d definitely take the Millwall owner any day of the week.

Look where we are, then look where Millwall are, then work out why that is.

We have had about ten years of awful ownership and management of the club, that’s why we are where we are.

I had such high hopes for Sandgaard but there are just way too many things going on that cause serious concern.

Plenty of folks on here are in denial about it, that’s up to them, but if @airmanbrown ain’t happy then I ain’t happy either.
    I don't think TS fancies being owner if this season is a flop. Maybe even if it is a success. 
    The management team changes constantly and there is a feeling of disconnect in a vague way.
    The breakeven strategy gives me a strange feeling.  Mind you I am grateful he rescued the club.  I just think he never realised the cost versus revenue .  
    That may sound strange given he is a business man but maybe his own bravado clouded the reality of it all.
    Having said that he must be spending a bundleaurline tickets , not to mention his time.

Multi millionaire’s own clubs that they know is going to cost them a shed load of money. When we were in the Premiership people would pay a quarter of a million for a seat in the director’s box.
    “business sense” seems to go out of the window in football, and to be fair, in a lot of the entertainment business.

The question is though, would you do it if you were similarly wedged up?
  • seth plum said:
    For me the difference between now and a year ago is we have a manager on the way up as opposed to a manager on the way down. However my fear is that it feels a bit like it did when Russell Slade arrived in terms of the footballing outlook. I want it to be a winning season and I am fed up feeling patient.
    ....after half a season, laughable 
  • seth plum said:
    Adkins was in place this time last year.
  • swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    Adkins was in place this time last year.
    Thank you.
    I was simply comparing the situation we’re in right now compared with a year ago.
    Incidentally I want Garner to play much better football than Slade, and to deliver wins, the proof will of course be in the consumption of the dessert.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022

• edited July 2022
    Can anyone verify that those that have been fired are being replaced by cheaper options? I can't really see it based on the already low salaries in place.

In addition to that, can we verify that we required the number of staff we did have? I have been through similar processes at other companies and whilst some good staff were lost, for the vast majority it was about getting rid of dead wood and bringing in improvements that were hungry for success. 

Of course there is also the option that it's a massive cost cutting exercise and Sandgaard's trying to gut the club of all that it is - just for those that believe that narrative.
  • Updated list for vacancies at Charlton if anyone is interested in a role at the club.

https://www.charltonafc.com/vacancies/permanent-roles
  • Leaving it late to appoint a 1st team opposition analyst aren't they? 
  • Leaving it late to appoint a 1st team opposition analyst aren't they? 
    Do we know we don’t have anyone already working in that role or similar? We have multiple recruitment analysts. Possible they’re supporting opposition analysis too rather than the club going without it completely.
  • Scoham said:
    Leaving it late to appoint a 1st team opposition analyst aren't they? 
    Do we know we don’t have anyone already working in that role or similar? We have multiple recruitment analysts. Possible they’re supporting opposition analysis too rather than the club going without it completely.
    No idea, just putting it out there as one of adverts was for this role. As the fixtures have been released no reason why someone could not be all over this for the upcoming games. 
  • edited July 2022
    Uboat said:
    paulfox said:
    Uboat said:
    Major said:
    And besides all that, it's something else to moan about.
    Do you know the difference between legitimate concerns and ‘something to moan about’?
    Do you even think the former can exist in relation to Charlton?
    You really do have some front accusing me of having a narrative.🤣🙄
    You do have a narrative. The slightest hint of criticism and up you pop with your little emojis. 
    I am completely neutral on TS. He seems like a nice bloke, but he’s made some odd decisions and I honestly can’t say I have absolute confidence in him.
    It would be nice to be able to question his actions without the tedious ‘at least it gives you something else to moan about’ mob leaping into action.
    This is a discussion forum after all.  
    I think people have different tolerance levels. For someone so optimistic and out to see the good in people, it might seem that the criticism, which isn't unfounded, but is often repeated from the same quarters, is incessant, as are the responses to it BTW. 

Can't we can all agree that we're bound to see things in a different light, but that overall the 'narrative 'is the same for us all, I hope.