Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Eoghan O'Connell signs for Charlton - 3 year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    good signing 
  • Options
    Nice to have you Elton
  • Options
    His attributes on Football Manager make him stand out in the lower leagues as a Ball Playing Defender. 
  • Options
    Thanks for coming Elon.
  • Options
    His attributes on Football Manager make him stand out in the lower leagues as a Ball Playing Defender. 
    A few years out of date but don't think his profile has changed that much since then. 

Eoghan OConnell FM 2020 Profile Reviews
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nice to have you Elton
    Ffs. its Eltom.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Thanks for coming Elon.

For the last time, its Teflon, and I now hope that sticks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    With Eoghan, Innis, Lavelle, we are going to need a pacy CB too. Or we go for two pacy wing/full backs. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    With Eoghan, Innis, Lavelle, we are going to need a pacy CB too. Or we go for two pacy wing/full backs. 
    A young pacey ball playing CB on loan from a Prem club perhaps?
  • Options
    'Hon the Irish! 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Deji Elerewe?
  • Options
    I wouldn't say Deji is pacy. He was also out for most of last season injured after signing a contract, so needs to catchup as missed out on a loan.
  • Options
    Decent signing, there are these players out there that need a club to put some faith in them at a higher level. He is on the way up, not on the slide can actually pass the ball which as good a stoppers as Famewo and Inniss are, neither can pass for shit. 

• Options
    We are Eoghan's first club south of Manchester I believe. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Got a good feeling about this one. There will be plenty of CBs available on a free, you don't sign one from the bottom half of L2 in June unless you rate him highly.

Glad we're looking beyond L1 and the more obvious players willing to drop down from the Championship. Looking forward to seeing who we sign next.
    Agreed. My one reservation would be, if he can defend and play and has been at a club like Celtic, what was he doing in the bottom half of League 2 with Rochdale? I mean, he is 27 in a couple
    of months so not exactly at the start of his career either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway, welcome Eoghan, I hope you’re a cracker. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It will only bring stability though if we stick to the strategy, even if things aren't going well.

After all wasn't there a 433 strategy last summer, which the whole club would follow, and that got dumped from the first team in Jacko's first game...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It will only bring stability though if we stick to the strategy, even if things aren't going well.

After all wasn't there a 433 strategy last summer, which the whole club would follow, and that got dumped from the first team in Jacko's first game...
    Sounds like one of the reasons why Jackson isn't here anymore. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sit Innis on the bench and let Elewere have a crack 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Deji Elerewe?
    He’s not at a Prem club. Yet...
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mendonca said:
    I doubt all three will play together.

Call me mad but in a three, I think O’Connell, Lavelle and Dobson (previously a CB) with someone like Reed in midfield, if he signed, would be a very good combination.

Or Sean Clare. We can’t forget the way he seamlessly slotted into that back line.

If we are playing with two centre backs, I do expect O’Connell and Lavelle to be fighting for the right sided position and we’d still need a Famewo replacement.

This guy fills the hole that Pearce leaves behind from a playing position and leadership perspective, he’s just a little bit more “modern” on top.