Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    I’d love to know what the ROI has been for the Castore investors. I still see barely anyone wearing non replica kit, just can’t see how this is enough for them as they were very well backed I believe. 
    Isn't the golf business massive, seem to do well in the premium activewear market, and they've sold tons of Villa and Newcastle kits 
  • Options
    edited March 25
    T_C_E said:
    Ordered the white shirt yesterday now it's reduced and just had my order cancelled because they didn't have the stock. Not overly impressed
    Went to The Valley today to see the women's team and went into the club shop. Racks and racks of shirts available in all sizes including the one I ordered the other day but was told they didn't have any stock of. Stupid club.
    From memory, l believe the staff in the shop told me. “mail order isn’t sent from there but a central warehouse “

"Castore's new Knowsley distribution centre is their second distribution centre in the UK, after Paisley in Scotland. They also have centres in Rotterdam, Chicago and Melbourne."

So the warehouse it might be sent from could be Rotterdam or anywhere......
  • Options
    From what I've heard, Castore are giving the shop back to the club to run next season and will only be supplying kits and limited Castore merch as they expected better sales than they have had. This will allow the shop to sell more 'CAFC' merch. I should imagine Castore have sent all remaining stock to the club to sell off hence not being able to supply the kits online.
    Maybe if Castore had stocked more than just replica kit then they would have enjoyed more sales
  • Options
    Castore have lost both Villa and Newcastle, so lack a big English team now which is a major blow to them.
  • Options
    From what I've heard, Castore are giving the shop back to the club to run next season and will only be supplying kits and limited Castore merch as they expected better sales than they have had. This will allow the shop to sell more 'CAFC' merch. I should imagine Castore have sent all remaining stock to the club to sell off hence not being able to supply the kits online.
    They still have plenty of the home and away shirts online. It's just the third and goalie shirts they've low or no stock of. 
  • Options
    They’ve just invested in a healthy stake of Umbro allowing them to do Umbro kits in a number of countries including England, Germany and Holland amongst others

i wonder if any of their existing teams that are unhappy with the castore kits will get the option to switch over to Umbro?

would anyone rather have Umbro doing our kits for next season?
  • Options
    They’ve just invested in a healthy stake of Umbro allowing them to do Umbro kits in a number of countries including England, Germany and Holland amongst others

i wonder if any of their existing teams that are unhappy with the castore kits will get the option to switch over to Umbro?

would anyone rather have Umbro doing our kits for next season?
    Jesus, Umbro have been passed around a bit, and yep, would not be surprised if the Castore brand goes from football to be replaced by Umbro, better brand heritage 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I’d love to know what the ROI has been for the Castore investors. I still see barely anyone wearing non replica kit, just can’t see how this is enough for them as they were very well backed I believe. 
    Isn't the golf business massive, seem to do well in the premium activewear market, and they've sold tons of Villa and Newcastle kits 
    Fair point on golf, but I live in the suburbs close to a David Lloyd and barely see any of the active wear. Only ever on the PTs which is DL uniform. 

Only a passing interest, the Umbro stuff is interesting though. 
  • Options

Video of what looks like the new home shirt, can't see much other than the fact it's got a white colar and sleeve details (and seemingly modelled by a resurrected Michael Jackson)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Video of what looks like the new home shirt, can't see much other than the fact it's got a white colar and sleeve details (and seemingly modelled by a resurrected Michael Jackson)

Isn't that a woman?
  • Options
    round neck always nicer than a collar 
  • Options
    Could be terrible lighting, but it looks like it might have a shadow design on the kit, possibly a sublimated photo of The Valley from above?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Could be terrible lighting, but it looks like it might have a shadow design on the kit, possibly a sublimated photo of The Valley from above?
    Looks like a London skyline 😉
  • Options
    edited April 16
    round neck always nicer than a collar 
    Dont think we've had a polo style collar on a home kit in a long time, 15/16 season was the last maybe?
  • Options
    Feel sorry for the comms team, they won't be able to tease the new kit release over the summer now 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    If it’s anything like this seasons castore villa kit it’s probably sweat 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Castore consult the museum/fans for this year’s? 
  • Options
    Looks alright from the fuzzy video, like the home kit being simple.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Looks alright from the fuzzy video, like the home kit being simple.
    …..to match the players. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Yes and I remember the feedback a lot was about keeping the home kit quite clean and simple with minor detailing. There was one design I think everyone disliked which was pretty out there. But at the time they had focused pretty heavily on unique background design patterns relative to us as a club. Will be interesting to see if they continued down that route and if they stuck to the colours they were initially consulting on. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Close
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Yes. The museum hosted the event which was attended by several groups of fans of various ages 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Close
    Buckinghamshire skyline?