Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    None of the three this season are particularly inspired designs and do give a lack of effort vibe, we've had a lot of simple black and white second and third recently as well, so, meh.

Its the best of the 3 for sure though  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Just not bright enough
    Spanners on the other thread.
  • Options
    I really like the kit. It's simple enough, but I like dark kits. I will buy it when it hits a sale. 
  • Options
    Looks better than the picture leaked at the weekend
  • Options
    Still no idea who decided the sponsor should be so high up on the shirt. It looks stupid.

I just looked at the latest kits from the 'big 6' and on all of their kits (Chelsea excluded as they don't have a sponsor), the sponsor logo is in line with the bottom of the sleeve.
  • Options
    I quite like it. And I like that we're continuing the thing of having different sponsors home & away. Not that there's anything wrong with our main sponsors, but they're one of the main competitors to my employers and I'd prefer to avoid any difficult conversations...
  • Options
    I like it. Not enough to pay £55 for. But enough to wait until the end of season and drop £15 on it.
  • Options
    Still no idea who decided the sponsor should be so high up on the shirt. It looks stupid.

I just looked at the latest kits from the 'big 6' and on all of their kits (Chelsea excluded as they don't have a sponsor), the sponsor logo is in line with the bottom of the sleeve.
    If you enter running events, you can pin your race number beneath it without obscuring the sponsor, but I doubt that's the reason 😉
  • Options
    I like having the Palace sash, in deference to our rivalry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to the Classic Football Shirts shop in Manchester, it was shit. 
  • Options
    I like it, not that I'll buy one for £55.  It looks a bit naff in some of the pictures but the twitter (X) one above is better.  Suspect it looks even better in the flesh.
  • Options
    I quite like that to be honest
  • Options
    Not sure why all the hate… I quite like it personally

I think it's fine. That's kind of my feeling about all of Castore's kits. They're fine, not fantastic, not awful. 

I think my complains mirror others' which is that if you're going to do black, purple, and green there are so many more interesting ways to do it, and this just feels very...safe. 
  • Options
    They're all fine, if a bit bland. In general my preference is keep the home traditional, go reto with the away and mad with the third. 

So if anything, too safe this year but again they're all inoffensive 
  • Options
    It's reasonable but pretty uninspiring. Indeed this year it's the main red shirt which I like best.

I'd prefer the 2nd kit to be braver, as the main red shirt needs to be fairly classic, and the 3rd kit (for a club like us) will be a generic catalogue style shirt.
  • Options
    Do the suppliers approach the club and ask for their opinion and preferred options?  I thought from past years members of the museum would see samples.
  • Options
    This black kit is ok I suppose. Agree with comments that they could have gone further with the patterning than a Palace type sash. Having two versions of black shorts in one season is weird. The white kit is similar to last year's so I go with the red shirt being the best this year not least because they have done something different by adding black collar/cuffs.
  • Options
    smart enough shirt
    the UoG logo is much less successful than the RSK
    can't do anything about the long name but surely there was something a bit less bland that could have been done
    boring plain white wording across the chest ruins it as something you'd ever want to wear outside of an away match

Point of order: the Men's away kit (UoG sponsorship) comes in female sizing
    Will the Women's away kit (RSK sponsorship) be available in male sizing?  a) equality and b) it looks tons better
  • Options
    I believe Tommy and Raelynn sorted this out....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we win the games, the kit will become nicer, just from your memories :-)

• Options
    I actually really like the home kit now. Both the away and third are bland but inoffensive. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure these kits were sorted before the meeting castore held with the fans during last season which was to help choose the kit for the 24/25 season. So these kits had no real input other than from TS I suppose. 

They're not terrible. But not great. The third is basic and boring, the away is OK and the home is the best of the 3. Actually prefer this year's home to last year's.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    If we win the games, the kit will become nicer, just from your memories :-)

There’s an element of truth in that.
    The all grey woolwich will always be fondly remembered because of the 3-1 win away at West Ham.
    The all yellow woolwich the 2-2 draw at Highbury 
    All blue adidas beating Leeds at St Andrews 
    all white viglen the bowyer hat trick against Wimbledon in the league cup at Selhurst.

• Options
    I like the black kit most, home 2nd and white turd. 
  • Options
    Another gk kit has popped up online in 'acid lime'. Can't remember the last time we had some interesting looking keeper designs.

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    smart enough shirt
    the UoG logo is much less successful than the RSK
    can't do anything about the long name but surely there was something a bit less bland that could have been done
    boring plain white wording across the chest ruins it as something you'd ever want to wear outside of an away match

Point of order: the Men's away kit (UoG sponsorship) comes in female sizing
    Will the Women's away kit (RSK sponsorship) be available in male sizing?  a) equality and b) it looks tons better
    If it's anything like last season, the women's shirts being modelled on the website will never go on sale, they'll only be made in enough quantity to provide for the team. The shirts actually available for sale all have the men's sponsors on them (RSK home and third, Greenwich Uni away), including the ones in women's sizes.
  • Options
    Oli didn't fancy being lazy and getting "CBT" on his shirt....good lad!

He looks ready for the dinner table. Strict dress code you have there :-)
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Another gk kit has popped up online in 'acid lime'. Can't remember the last time we had some interesting looking keeper designs.

They’ll regularly put RSK on the front of that and use it for home keeper shirt. As said at the time of the black keeper, that’s hardly ever going to be used.