Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Such a shame we left Hummel , haven't been impressed with Castore in any sport. Hopefully the new owners break the contract and look elsewhere 
    Not much choice if we had stayed, as the franchise holder we used went bust 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Such a shame we left Hummel , haven't been impressed with Castore in any sport. Hopefully the new owners break the contract and look elsewhere 
    Not much choice if we had stayed, as the franchise holder we used went bust 

Oh I'd forgotten that mess! Remember Southampton having to renegotiate with hummel directly to even get stock. 
  • Options
    I like that one of the kits is white, as I've been getting my twins new kits in different colours each time they size up - so far have red, grey, black and blue kits. Waiting for the third kit to release infant sizing (and go on sale, I have to buy 2!!) and crossing fingers for something a bit more out there next season...
  • Options
    0/3 for me this season. They've played it far too safe.
  • Options
    Would be better as a third but not bad. Would love to see a black with red away kit again. 
    If that's accurate then it's fine but it's dull. Feels very similar to the (cursed) away kit from 19/20 so not really very exciting. Might look a bit better as an overall kit if it's got green shorts with it. I like a simple away kit but it's a bit dull when the third kit is also really simple and unimaginative. For the last five years we've had a rotating run of white, black or blue across two kits and there's been some nice ones but very few of them have been particularly exciting. Just give us one weird purple and green kit, get it out of our system.
  • Options
    Away doesn't look great, similar to this one we had a few years ago

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/charlton-athletic-2019-20-away-kit/
  • Options
    Away doesn't look great, similar to this one we had a few years ago

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/charlton-athletic-2019-20-away-kit/
    I quite liked that one, even if it did look slightly like a set of pyjamas 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Absolutely pointless doing a big reveal now, just get the kits on sale ffs lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any shop or other vouchers going with the 23/24 season tickets?
  • Options
    Any shop or other vouchers going with the 23/24 season tickets?

• Options
    Mk Dons' 3 Castore kits are great. All 3 of ours are very meh.
  • Options
    IMHO this is what happens when the fans have no involvement in the kits.

24/25 season will be much better
  • Options
    it's the exact same basic shirt in the 3 different colours?

• Options
    There isn't much wrong with the three kits, other then the away and third should swap. I don't want a load of bells and whistles thrown at the kits
  • Options
    it's the exact same basic shirt in the 3 different colours?

And what's wrong with that? I hate there is no consistency/commonality between the kits. I really like the v-neck on the home shirt and then they go and dump a crappy nothing round neck on the third (and away by the looks of it).
  • Options
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, but the original poster said they were 'great'.

To me they're just 3 very basic shirts (which of course some people will like). But I can guarantee if we had them people would be calling Castore lazy, no thought gone into them etc.
  • Options
    Fair enough. I definitely prefer 3 variations of one good design than 3 different mediocre (or worse) designs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think ours are OK without being great.  Think they all look a bit lacking in imagination, just copies of recent shirts.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Bought the new away shirt - evri “delivered” it and it wasn’t there when I got home. I emailed the club and they have told me to go to the police. What the fuck are the police going to do?

Is that your house?
    If so then theft seems likely.  Obvs plod won't actually do much/anything beyond give you a crime number.  You'll need that for the insurance claim.
    If there's a chance that ain't your house then the vendor hasn't delivered your purchase.  Bypass the notorious pisstakers Evri and insist the vendor sends you the thing you paid them for.  The vendor's choice of courier is immaterial to you.  You have no relationship with the courier and don't accept any bullshit from the vendor about that aspect. You paid the vendor for a thing and the vendor has to deliver your thing or refund you.  The vendor doesn't have a get out until it can prove it fulfilled your order.

Good luck

FWIW Evri are as bad as any delivery company you've heard about.
  • Options
    Is the Away kit the last minute replaced 3rd kit from last season that @Ollywozere mentioned previously or was that a different design?
  • Options
    Seeing the black GK kit I thought there was a good chance we’d get a yellow with blue trim (homage to the Fads kit) away kit.
    seems not.
  • Options
    If I was in charge of kits for Charlton over the next 3 seasons, I'd bring in a home kit with a white fold collar and white panels down the sides (98 playoff kit homage) with a black away kit with red flashes under the arm (2003 away kit homage) and finally a yellow third kit with a classic collar in blue and blue pinstripes (FADS kit) 

Then the season after a home kit with a black and white grandad collar like the 96 kit, and an ecru away kit, with an absolutely obscene take on the green and purple third kit

Lastly a home kit with a white stripe like the centennial kit, but stylized to look like a massive version of the blade of the sword in the badge. Away kit I'd remake the early 60's home kit (all white with the red top panel) and the third kit the blue and black Inter kit from 2000/01

Hint hint Castore 😉
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I would like our 60’s White home kit (the one with Red around the shoulders) to be our away kit next season.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Le Coq Sportif produced some decent tops.
  • Options
    Macron was and remains the best lots we’ve had in the last 10/15 years, and it was a mistake to dump them for catalogue Nike kits 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Manufacturers too scared to commit to the purple and green properly. Look it's not everyone's taste but if they release 2 nice normal kits and an insane third kit then there's enough choice for everyone. 

If the purple and green is too much, go for a modern version of the green, white and red third kit we had in the late 90's.

In fact, that away kit in an emerald green with the sash stripes being red and white, I reckon would have worked quite well
    I think that’s rank 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Manufacturers too scared to commit to the purple and green properly. Look it's not everyone's taste but if they release 2 nice normal kits and an insane third kit then there's enough choice for everyone. 

If the purple and green is too much, go for a modern version of the green, white and red third kit we had in the late 90's.

In fact, that away kit in an emerald green with the sash stripes being red and white, I reckon would have worked quite well
    I think that’s rank 
    Each to their own, I love it