Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    My lad wore that Viglen top in Malaga, Vince tore into him for wearing 'a piece of shit, worst kit ever' whilst another bloke offered him a few hundred quid for it as 'a classic'. 

The ecru Le Coq Sportiv seems to be very sought after at the moment but was almost forgotten just a couple of years ago. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    If I was in charge of kits for Charlton over the next 3 seasons, I'd bring in a home kit with a white fold collar and white panels down the sides (98 playoff kit homage) with a black away kit with red flashes under the arm (2003 away kit homage) and finally a yellow third kit with a classic collar in blue and blue pinstripes (FADS kit) 

Then the season after a home kit with a black and white grandad collar like the 96 kit, and an ecru away kit, with an absolutely obscene take on the green and purple third kit

Lastly a home kit with a white stripe like the centennial kit, but stylized to look like a massive version of the blade of the sword in the badge. Away kit I'd remake the early 60's home kit (all white with the red top panel) and the third kit the blue and black Inter kit from 2000/01

Hint hint Castore 😉
    You’re hired 
  • Options

Just not bright enough
  • Options
    And the shorts and socks are black, same as the third kit, and the home keeper kit, so expect to see us wear some weird combinations at times where we wear the third kit top with the home shorts and socks or something
  • Options
    Castore put no effort in 😂 
  • Options
    I really don't like it, just so boring and bland. Probs buy it at the end of the season on the cheap but only for collectors purposes 
  • Options

Spot the difference 
  • Options
    Why black with those two colours?

The Purple and Green went with a white kit, not a black one
  • Options
    Nice promotional video, showing customers the shirt under purple and green lighting, with uber close up strobed shots lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the leak from the weekend was bang on 
  • Options

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    And the shorts and socks are black, same as the third kit, and the home keeper kit, so expect to see us wear some weird combinations at times where we wear the third kit top with the home shorts and socks or something
    Yeah. This is why the rumour of a yellow kit made sense. We have red home socks and black third socks, so you'd have thought the away socks would be light (yellow, white, etc.), so weird to have another set of black socks. Might end up wearing a weird combo of away shirt, home shorts and white socks at some stage
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Oh yeah... I forgot that kit
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Really liked that kit, this new one feels lazily similar, but definitely prefer it to the white.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Just not bright enough

Looks like a pyjama top
  • Options
    It looks alright, and it’s ultimately the club who agree the design from a set presented to them by Castore, and the whim of the previous owner decided the design 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    It looks alright, and it’s ultimately the club who agree the design from a set presented to them by Castore, and the whim of the previous owner decided the design 
    Hopefully the last sh*t he dropped on us. Won’t be rushing to the club shop this season (but will be dragged their by my lad who eats this stuff for fun..).
  • Options
    Available in every age group right now, which is great. Think it was December before infant kits were available last year.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Hopefully the last sh*t he dropped on us. Won’t be rushing to the club shop this season (but will be dragged their by my lad who eats this stuff for fun..).
    Likewise, but it’s a convenient stick to beat castore with, when the kit design is the choice of the club, and the designers have to try and deal with the opinions of the client 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home kit is good so who cares about the away and third. 
    Agree though that it’s a bit strange to have black shorts and socks for both 2nd and 3rd.

All yellow would’ve been good but home is decent so that’s all that matters imho. 
  • Options
    I’m going against the grain but I actually like all three kits this year. The home shirt is a tad on the dark side but we’ve avoided the dreaded booped socks and the shorts don’t look like basketball kit.  I’m fine with all three. 
  • Options
    Disappointed they've not gone with green shorts, might have rescued it a bit. It's ok but it's too much like the 2019/20 kit. I'll be giving them all a miss this year
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Really hope that once this castore deal finishes, we can find a way to at latest keep one of the shirt for more than one season. There's only so many was you can reinvent a red/white shirt and it's made even more noticeable by the trend to change everything every single season and you end up with a rehashed black kit that's 3 years old.
  • Options
    Dull dull dull dull etc 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    cfgs said:

Really liked that kit, this new one feels lazily similar, but definitely prefer it to the white.
    Me too, definite slight pyjama vibe but the overall design worked 
  • Options
    I like it
  • Options
    The club shop describes the shirt colour as being “caviar”.  Just for once in my life I’ll take the vegan option…
  • Options
    Quite like it.  Should be popular with FKW's.