Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    Feels like Castore are overstretching themselves trying to expand into too many sports too quickly. Got some of the McLaren F1 merchandise and the quality is really poor for the price they charge. 
  • Options
    Knowing our luck, they'll go bust just after our contract finishes.
  • Options
    Castore will end up the same as Woodworm, who tried to ‘disrupt’ cricket - Woodworm ploughed millions into trying to be the biggest supplier of cricket bats, shirts etc (they paid Flintoff and Pieterson a quarter of a million pounds EACH to have Woodworm stickers on their bats) - ended in failure - Castore will go the same way
    Wouldn’t have thought Woodworm was good for cricket bats.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Feels like Castore are overstretching themselves trying to expand into too many sports too quickly. Got some of the McLaren F1 merchandise and the quality is really poor for the price they charge. 
    As I indicated on page 3 of this thread, they are a small company with precious little infrastructure and (so it seemed at the time - I have not checked recently) inadequate experienced staff.  Surely no one can be surprised that they seem to be screwing things up?
  • Options
    It's interesting that it only appears to be the Aston Villa shirt that's having this issue, none of ours seem affected by it, nor any of the other Castore kits (and there's a lot of them already)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It's interesting that it only appears to be the Aston Villa shirt that's having this issue, none of ours seem affected by it, nor any of the other Castore kits (and there's a lot of them already)
    None of our players break into a sweat so how would we know?  :D
  • Options

The Telegraph

Newcastle ended Castore shirt after complaints about jersey quality

By Luke Edwards ; Tom Garry ; Matt Law and John Percy 28 September 2023 • 11:15am

Exclusive: Newcastle's decision came before the recent complaints by Aston Villa men and women's players about the wet-look Castore shirt

Newcastle decided to drop Castore as their kit manufacturer after complaints from supporters about poor-quality merchandise.

Telegraph Sport can disclose that Newcastle received so many complaints about poor customer service, as well as some long delays in orders being delivered, that it was decided that the partnership reflected badly on the club.

Fans had also complained about the poor quality of some of the products, as well as a lack of available stock in the Castore stores in the city.

Earlier this week Telegraph Sport also reported that Aston Villa, whose kits are manufactured by Castore, have received complaints from their women’s and men’s team about the club’s shirts, which appear to become drenched by players’ sweat

Damian Vidagany, Villa’s director of football operations, conceded: “It’s true we have a problem with the shirt, because clearly the material is not absorbing the sweat. We have a situation and the marketing department is dealing with the supplier to try to change it. It is not a question that concerns the manager, it is for the business side.”

It has been stressed, though, that no problems were reported by Newcastle players with the quality or reliability of their Castore kit since the partnership began in the summer of 2021.

Castore pay around £5 million-a-year to manufacture Newcastle’s first-team kit and training wear, in a deal agreed by former owner Mike Ashley.

The contract was due to expire at the end of the 2025/26 campaign but Newcastle’s kit will now be produced by Adidas from the start of next season. The break with Castore was disclosed in the recent Amazon Prime documentary We Are Newcastle United, with the cameras following board members during a meeting with Adidas executives in Germany.

Sources say that although the Adidas deal appealed because it was far more lucrative than the Castore one it would also ensure stronger and more reliable supply chains as well as quality control. Adidas are thought to be paying about £40 million a season to manufacture and supply Newcastle’s kit for the next five years.

Newcastle’s board were also well aware of the fact that Adidas were the kit manufacturers during the most enjoyable periods in the club’s modern history under managers Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby Robson.

A Castore spokesman said: “We are proud of our three year partnership with Newcastle United and look forward to continuing our collaboration with the club this season.”

A Newcastle statement read: “The club has found the quality of Castore products to be extremely high.

“We are proud to be wearing Castore’s well-designed, innovative training and match kits in the Premier League and Champions League and are appreciative of Castore’s support and contribution to the club’s trajectory over the last three seasons.”

Aston Villa Women complain about wet-look shirts

Aston Villa have received complaints about this season’s wet-look shirts from their women’s team players, in addition to the men’s team’s concerns that the heavy kit is weighing them down.

The latest development puts even more pressure on Villa’s Castore to find a swift solution to the problem.

Telegraph Sport revealed on Tuesday that Villa’s men’s team players had told club chiefs they are unhappy that the kit quickly becomes wet through and clings to players’ bodies when they perspire, and Villa are working with Castore to try to find a solution as quickly as possible.

It has now emerged that Villa have also received similar complaints from players in the women’s team, who are due to kick-off their season against Manchester United, live on television, on Sunday.

A source close to the women’s squad has described the kit as feeling ‘really bad’ to play in, while another separately said they are ‘deeply concerned’ and hoping for a solution. 

Castore have been contacted for a response regarding the complaints of the Villa men’s and women’s players.

Villa’s women wore their new kit for all-but one of their pre-season friendlies, but wore a training top for the other. It is thought they are currently set to play in an unchanged version of the shirt this weekend, when Ward’s side will be live on BBC Two when they host United in the new season’s opening fixture on Sunday.

Villa, who finished fifth in the WSL table last term, will also be live on Sky in the second weekend of the season when they travel to Liverpool on 8 October, potentially putting the concerns about the kit in the spotlight for the opening fortnight of the WSL campaign.

Villa launched new home, away and third kits this season and are two years into what was described as being a ‘multi-year’ contract with Castore.

The club’s co-owner Nassef Sawiris owns a stake in German sports manufacturer Adidas, which has prompted speculation that Villa could look to follow Newcastle United in moving from Castore to Adidas in the future.

• Options
    Not enough Sweat Wicking Technology
  • Options
    Apparently they are doing good business north of the border!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that is names us as trying to get out of the deal early due to complaints from fans.

One thing Andy Scott, Charlie Methven et al can do to get people on their side is take the shop back into our hands and sign a supplier that isn't a crock of shit (Hummel had nice stuff but went under in the UK, Castore are overpriced and Terrible quality) 
  • Options
    Is that because Andy Murray has a share of the company?
  • Options
    Bring back OSCA
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Interesting that is names us as trying to get out of the deal early due to complaints from fans.

One thing Andy Scott, Charlie Methven et al can do to get people on their side is take the shop back into our hands and sign a supplier that isn't a crock of shit (Hummel had nice stuff but went under in the UK, Castore are overpriced and Terrible quality) 
    Plus the online store has very little on it and we are already in October.
  • Options
    I hope the England cricket shirts they'll be wearing in India are moisture wicking!
  • Options
    No idea if it's Castore fault, but they are suppliers of the England Cricket kit, and during today's game we have players with differnt size logos and in some cases badges on the arms on different sides. Looks so bad.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    No idea if it's Castore fault, but they are suppliers of the England Cricket kit, and during today's game we have players with differnt size logos and in some cases badges on the arms on different sides. Looks so bad.
    Apparently the different arm thing is dependent on being left/right handed so that one of the logos faces the camera when batting. The rest of it is so so shoddy and bad, no idea how they’re going to get away with it 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2023/10/10/printing-error-england-castore-cricket-world-cup-kit/
  • Options
    Blimey, if you thought Karl Robinson could talk have a listen to 'motormouth' Tom Beahon on this morning's Wake Up To Money. 

Castore now valued at one billion pounds with millions more raised in venture capital.

(Starts on 31 minutes).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001sw5x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know it’s only a week ago but has anyone received kits ordered on Black Friday ? I ask because I normally receive things from the shop in two or three days but haven’t received the kits ordered for my boys yet ? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Kitbag are doing a deal on the 3 current Charlton shirts at present when you put in the correct code

Most men sizes and a saving of 20 pounds. Most kids sizes and saving of 14 pounds

Only one shirt though on the discount 

https://www.kitbag.com/en/efl-league-one/charlton-athletic/charlton-athletic-castore-home-shirt-2023-24/o-3488104316+t-0178511655+p-41435083+z-9-1791019787?_ref=p-FPP:m-YMAL:pi-PDP_RECOMMENDATIONS_TOP:i-r0c0:po-0
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with online orders being processed?
    I ordered a standard kids home shirt on 22/11, expecting delivery by today (two weeks should be enough time) as it’s my Son’s birthday tomorrow (first thing on his birthday list was a home shirt, he is mad).
    Standard reply yesterday, after sending two emails, ‘it’s in the system’.

It’s hard enough keeping a soon to be 7 year old interested in CAFC right now living in Essex, when most of his friends are West Ham or Arsenal. Just another thing the club performs poorly on…

• Options
    Can't comment on club shop, but I ordered via fanatics for my sons birthday two weeks ago.

30% cheaper than club shop and delivered in 48 hours
  • Options
    I ordered a standard kids home shirt on 22/11, expecting delivery by today (two weeks should be enough time) as it’s my Son’s birthday tomorrow (first thing on his birthday list was a home shirt, he is mad).

It’s hard enough keeping a soon to be 7 year old interested in CAFC right now living in Essex, when most of his friends are West Ham or Arsenal. Just another thing the club performs poorly on…

There's barely any sizes left in all adult kits on the club website . (My teenage sons are Adult sizes) . I managed to get a medium home kit ordered a couple of weeks ago and it turned up today! 
    Our club shop is a joke. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023

There's barely any sizes left in all adult kits on the club website . (My teenage sons are Adult sizes) . I managed to get a medium home kit ordered a couple of weeks ago and it turned up today! 
    Our club shop is a joke. 
    I've been trying for ages to get some kits for my kids (Pre-Schoolers) and they haven't had them in stock for at least 2-3 months.

My daughter has started a football session recently and all the other kids come in their Man City, Arsenal, Spurs kits etc so it would be nice to have the option of kitting her out in one. She's not quite old enough to understand the intricacies of supporting a team however she sees other kids in their kit and naturally wants to wear one herself.

Perhaps the demand has outstripped supply however given the sorry state of the club I find it hard to believe kids kits are flying off the shelves at such a rate that they haven't had any stock in months, which suggests Castore and the club just aren't that bothered.

I always feel reluctant to moan about this sort of stuff as it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but certainly a little frustrating given the current state of our club means it'll be hard enough to get the kids interested as it is. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Purchased the black GK shirt today for £38, no idea if its been mentioned before but apparently we are not allowed to use it. Very bizarre but imo the nicest looking shirt of the lot this year.
  • Options
    Does the club shop do numbering of shirts anymor?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thommo said:
    In store yes, £3 for my boy yesterday 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thommo said:
    The question should be does the club sell shirts anymore because there’s been bugger all in the way of kits for sale online for weeks now .