Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flare throwers

Comments

• Options
    The statement makes it clear that better searches are needed when entering the ground.

Preventing flares getting into the ground will get rid of the problem.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    The statement makes it clear that better searches are needed when entering the ground.

Never going to happen, searching thousands of people would be impossible and the delays would be huge. Plus people have rights now, would need male and female officers/stewards to do the searching.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Never going to happen, searching thousands of people would be impossible and the delays would be huge. Plus people have rights now, would need male and female officers/stewards to do the searching.
    They could use sniffer dogs.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

They could but if I am correct the club pay for policing don't they, how much will a police officer and a sniffer dog at each turnstile cost? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Broadly speaking good news but not in favour of automatic bans.

It takes away any discretion from clubs and takes no account of the circumstances.

A permanent criminal record seems OTT as well
    And that is nothing to do with clubs or the EFL anyway.

Only courts can convict people of criminal offences and they are only permanent for very serious offences.
    For the sake of clarity, this is not entirely true. Since 2006 all criminal records remain on the police database until an individual is 100 years old.  So, that's about as permanent as you can get for 99.7% of males!  Around one third of male residents of the UK have a criminal record.

I suspect the concept of a criminal record not being "permanent" is being conflated with the concept of a "spent" conviction, which is entirely different. In any event, some employers are entitled to access to spent convictions from the DBS. (I also had to undergo an enhanced security check - what used to be known as positive vetting - for my job and was interviewed by a spook.)
  • Options
    You are correct, I was referring to "spent" convictions but without using the correct term.

I have an enhanced DBS but never been interviewed by a spook.

Shame asked I would have asked for a job.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

They could but if I am correct the club pay for policing don't they, how much will a police officer and a sniffer dog at each turnstile cost? 
    Hmmm.

No need to spend any extra money. 

I can think of someone who's often seen sniffing around the turnstiles already .....
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Whilst I’ve always disliked fans running on the pitch during or after the game, if smoke/pyro is not thrown on the pitch I haven’t got a problem with it , adds to the atmosphere. I’ll just have to go abroad to get my pyro fix.
  • Options
    Whilst I’ve always disliked fans running on the pitch during or after the game, if smoke/pyro is not thrown on the pitch I haven’t got a problem with it , adds to the atmosphere. I’ll just have to go abroad to get my pyro fix.
    I thought that was Palace for a brief moment.
  • Options
    Any one notice the Charlton fan who went on the pitch today to celebrate Leaburn's goal?

No idea who he is and he shouldn't have been on the pitch but should he now get a ban, be prosecuted and get a criminal record?

Or should clubs have some discretion over what action to take?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know the fan that run on, he’s a good lad. 

Don’t need a ban but that is the law if caught a football banning order takes place but that’s if he’s had details taken etc was all good natured so I don’t see the issue 
  • Options
    Rangers game earlier smokes looked good but did stop play for a few moments. 
  • Options
    He should be put up against a wall and shot
  • Options
    Any one notice the Charlton fan who went on the pitch today to celebrate Leaburn's goal?

No idea who he is and he shouldn't have been on the pitch but should he now get a ban, be prosecuted and get a criminal record?

A ban, yes. Not a life ban though, and having a criminal record would be too harsh also.

There's got to be some deterrent.
  • Options
    I would accept flares/smoke bombs more if the people lighting them actually kept them next to them instead of throwing it elsewhere in the crowd, which is incredibly dangerous and cowardly.
  • Options

Was he on the pitch? I thought (from the TV coverage)  he was inbetween the stand and the pitch and having a lovely time! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Was he on the pitch? I thought (from the TV coverage)  he was inbetween the stand and the pitch and having a lovely time! 
    https://twitter.com/cafclad/status/1553409864608653312?s=21&t=yyG3yJ0xJc3jVbhwnWyeTA
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

https://twitter.com/cafclad/status/1553409864608653312?s=21&t=yyG3yJ0xJc3jVbhwnWyeTA
    In terms of the scale of "crime", running on to the pitch to celebrate a goal with your players is wrong, but clearly far less serious than when fans start getting involved with opposition players, which happened far too much during the playoffs.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Ah right, but he can invoke the ancient easement of “Leaburn debut goal” which grants any Addick right of way across any football pitch in the land. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Ah right, but he can invoke the ancient easement of “Leaburn debut goal” which grants any Addick right of way across any football pitch in the land. 
    No one attempted that at St James’ Park
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

No one attempted that at St James’ Park
    Opportunity missed. 
  • Options
    Nobody ran into the pitch for our 4 1998 goals or our 2 2018 goals, yet somehow we managed as fans to go mental and celebrate the moment.
  • Options

Don’t need a ban but that is the law if caught a football banning order takes place but that’s if he’s had details taken etc was all good natured so I don’t see the issue 
    We'll all just go on the pitch then 👍
  • Options
    The club are working with Accrington Stanley to positively identify an individual in the away end who threw a pyrotechnic onto the pitch area during Saturday’s 2-2 draw.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/club-statement-accrington-stanley
  • Options
    3 year ban and a possible fine for a cuddle with the players on the playing surface. 

Would have been cheaper to buy a player sponsorship and have a hug after the lunch 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    3 year ban and a possible fine for a cuddle with the players on the playing surface. 

Would have been cheaper to buy a player sponsorship and have a hug after the lunch 
    Indeed, it’s almost like they’re a bit of a twat.
  • Options
    The incident where a fan ended up taking out Beliek was lucky not to injure him.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    The incident where a fan ended up taking out Beliek was lucky not to injure him.
    Certainly made his eyes water(-:
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

What about when it was for “Roland out” suppose that was fine 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

What about when it was for “Roland out” suppose that was fine 
    That was also against the law.

The play offs last season were a car crash for the EFL in terms of crowd behaviour, they felt had to take steps to stop the pitch invasions, they not the club have decided from this season there would be zero tolerance and if you do go on they will get the law enforced.