Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flare throwers

Next time have a bit of thought to the disabled supporters before you throw them. 

Comments

• no, no you can’t have a go. 

These are the people who give an atmosphere to the away following. and let’s not make the mistake of calling it a flare, it was a smoke grenade / totally different 
  • MrOneLung said:
    no, no you can’t have a go. 

These are the people who give an atmosphere to the away following. and let’s not make the mistake of calling it a flare, it was a smoke grenade / totally different 
    They're not essential to the atmosphere - the incident happened before the match started, and the best atmosphere was much later in the game - but leaving that aside, it wasn't great that it landed in OUR disabled supporters at the front
  • Proper muggy behaviour. Also, the 2 or 3 lads launching things into the home end half way through the second half. Why? Why do they need to do it?
  • Henry’s right,  Mr One lungs clue is the no, no 

• Sponsored links:

• Someone threw a full bottle of beer when the 'let's pretend we score a goal' happened at the  back. Hit a Charlton fan in the back and soaked him 
  • Proper muggy behaviour. Also, the 2 or 3 lads launching things into the home end half way through the second half. Why? Why do they need to do it?
    Cos our bellend count ticking up 
    Yep - away end mens toilets smashed up yet again yesterday as well
  • edited May 2022
    I posted this amongst my comments on the Post Match Thread .. but the humour and good spirit never died .. EXCEPT for the mouse brain who somehow contrived to throw a red flare that landed under my seat, and I was near the back, never knew I had so many enemies lol .. thanks to the quick witted young man sat in front of me who grabbed the flare and threw it onto the side of the pitch, an olympian effort .. a young man near me was seriously complaining about the effects of the cloying smoke, cut it out please chaps 

• edited May 2022
    re the above .. could be that the flare I was discussing was thrown near the disabled fan(s) .. If so, this was obviously not intentional .. it was done to get the flare/smoke bomb away from us choking fans seated near it
  • I don’t think a charlton fan deliberately threw a flare/smoke at disabled supporters 
  • I don’t think a charlton fan deliberately threw a flare/smoke at disabled supporters 
    Right, but at the very least they were reckless as to where it landed and, when there are disabled supporters/kids around it’s proper dickhead behaviour to be that reckless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    I don’t think a charlton fan deliberately threw a flare/smoke at disabled supporters 
    Right, but at the very least they were reckless as to where it landed and, when there are disabled supporters/kids around it’s proper dickhead behaviour to be that reckless. 
    There's a nimbyish attitude by the smoke bomb throwers, wanting to light them, but not wanting them to actually go off near them.

It's silly when they're thrown on the pitch, but when they're thrown randomly so they end up in the crowd - I remember one dropping very near me at Fratton Park a few years ago - that's dickhead behaviour.
  • Thank funk the season is over because our club just gets worse every day.
  • se9addick said:
    I don’t think a charlton fan deliberately threw a flare/smoke at disabled supporters 
    As @oohaahmortimer said above - the knob head element we have at away games has been growing - this predates Covid - I love it when we create a good atmosphere away, chanting etc, but the smoke bombs, smashing toilets, general yobbish behaviour, a fair few coked up people, this needs driving out

We have / had a good reputation as a decent club and decent fans, but we will lose that if this behaviour continues and gets worse

I know all clubs have supporters who are like this, but ours is growing - I mean what on earth is the point of smashing up the toilets when Charlton are getting tonked - indeed smashing up toilets at all, in any circumstances in any situation 
    Pretty sure our club get billed for any damage as well, so it’s only hurting us - doubt the home team care.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    As @oohaahmortimer said above - the knob head element we have at away games has been growing - this predates Covid - I love it when we create a good atmosphere away, chanting etc, but the smoke bombs, smashing toilets, general yobbish behaviour, a fair few coked up people, this needs driving out

We have / had a good reputation as a decent club and decent fans, but we will lose that if this behaviour continues and gets worse

I know all clubs have supporters who are like this, but ours is growing - I mean what on earth is the point of smashing up the toilets when Charlton are getting tonked - indeed smashing up toilets at all, in any circumstances in any situation 
    Pretty sure our club get billed for any damage as well, so it’s only hurting us - doubt the home team care.
    But that’s not the point - it’s our reputation, plus if my kids were young i.e. under 10 (or even under 13 for that matter) I would be reticent to take them to away games, and witness this behaviour / types of people - it’s not seen at The Valley (mind you I’m in the West Stand, and being 51, I must lower the average age in that stand)
  • clb74 said:
    How about dont throw it in the 1st place?
    Fully agree

• I know personally we have definitely got a bad reputation amongst the local old bill up and down the country. Only got to see the increasing police presence at matches to see this in action. Nowhere near the stage of having matches moved to early kick offs, but is definitely moving that way for some matches etc. 
  • I know personally we have definitely got a bad reputation amongst the local old bill up and down the country. Only got to see the increasing police presence at matches to see this in action. Nowhere near the stage of having matches moved to early kick offs, but is definitely moving that way for some matches etc. 
    Was an early kick off yesterday south west, there was still a few smashed out thier heads.
    Are early kick offs the answer?
    Sheffield Wednesday away we went via Doncaster.
    Leeds were at home to Spurs , we caught about the 7pm train home from Donny there were plenty of Leeds and Spurs looking the worse for wear.
    I’d imagine that the “reputation” comes with a wry smile from the old bill. Others with a reputation are likely to seek other fans of a similar mindset. A significant bunch of ours would melt at the first sight of a proper firm, which is why they stick to smashing up toilets - dickheads.