Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flare throwers

Comments

• Options
    See the source imageaway day drinkers See the source image
  • Options
    I know personally we have definitely got a bad reputation amongst the local old bill up and down the country. Only got to see the increasing police presence at matches to see this in action. Nowhere near the stage of having matches moved to early kick offs, but is definitely moving that way for some matches etc. 
    I’d imagine that the “reputation” comes with a wry smile from the old bill. Others with a reputation are likely to seek other fans of a similar mindset. A significant bunch of ours would melt at the first sight of a proper firm, which is why they stick to smashing up toilets - dickheads.
    Our activity comes from the yoof who are excitable. Police more worried about anti social behaviour compared to having a 30 on 30 tear up with opposition boys.
  • Options
    Well done son, bet your mums proud.
  • Options
    Smashing up the toilets is shameful.
    There may also be psychological challenges like Chronic neurotic encopresis.

Chronic neurotic encopresis (CNE), a childhood psychiatric disorder characterized by inappropriate fecal soiling, necessitated the formation of the following specific etiological factors: a) a neurologically immature developmental musculature, an organic condition which may complicate toilet training; b) premature or harsh toilet training; c) a family constellation in which the father is frequently absent and the mother erratic, emotionally inappropriate, and distant; d) the child's formation of a noncommunicative, passive, dependent personality. All of these factors are helpful in explaining the occurrence of CNE, which is thus seen as the result of a synergistic interaction among them. The complexity of etiological agents dictates a multifactorial rather than unicausal model of mental illness. Future research and tactics of psychotherapeutic intervention should focus on the interplay among these factors rather than attempting to single out one primary predisposing factor.
  • Options
    Will richarlison be getting any sort of punishment? 
  • Options
    I don’t think a charlton fan deliberately threw a flare/smoke at disabled supporters 
    Read what you said. That is a stupid dumb statement.....they shouldn't  be throwing them but with dumb clicks condoning them whst can you expect .
    Who put 50p in you 

I’m not condoning them i was Simply stating that it wasn’t deliberately thrown at a disabled supporter. It’s not a charlton problem most clubs have these idiots letting them off 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t think a charlton fan deliberately threw a flare/smoke at disabled supporters 
    Read what you said. That is a stupid dumb statement.....they shouldn't  be throwing them but with dumb clicks condoning them whst can you expect .
    Who put 50p in you 

I’m not condoning them i was Simply stating that it wasn’t deliberately thrown at a disabled supporter. It’s not a charlton problem most clubs have these idiots letting them off 
    Polite suggestion

Don't feed the troll
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Smashing up the toilets is shameful.
    There may also be psychological challenges like Chronic neurotic encopresis.

Chronic neurotic encopresis (CNE), a childhood psychiatric disorder characterized by inappropriate fecal soiling, necessitated the formation of the following specific etiological factors: a) a neurologically immature developmental musculature, an organic condition which may complicate toilet training; b) premature or harsh toilet training; c) a family constellation in which the father is frequently absent and the mother erratic, emotionally inappropriate, and distant; d) the child's formation of a noncommunicative, passive, dependent personality. All of these factors are helpful in explaining the occurrence of CNE, which is thus seen as the result of a synergistic interaction among them. The complexity of etiological agents dictates a multifactorial rather than unicausal model of mental illness. Future research and tactics of psychotherapeutic intervention should focus on the interplay among these factors rather than attempting to single out one primary predisposing factor.
    source;
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/670958/#:~:text=Chronic neurotic encopresis (CNE),,toilet training; b) premature or
  • Options
    Yep.
    That was the source.
  • Options
    What goes around comes around 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    What goes around comes around the u bend

• Options
    I have no words to describe the brain dead fcuks that do these things. Apart from those words of course.
  • Options
    A lad got a five year banning order after throwing on of these items at Gillingham. 

No sympathy for any numb skills who gets caught 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    What’s especially worrying is that the morons that do such things don’t just turn into fuckwits when watching Charlton. They are out and about amongst us all the time. The thought about what else they find amusing to get up to is frightening.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The fans in the pub garden slaughtering absolutely anyone who walked across the bridge was pretty strange as well. Even found myself on the end of about 20 Charlton fans chanting “you fat bastard” for no reason. 

Some people must have very little happiness in their lives to think the best way to fill a void is to vandalise toilets and abuse anyone in sight. But it’s been a bit of a theme with a portion of our away support this season.

A small minority by the way - 95% of our supporters are absolutely top class, and gave the team more than enough backing yesterday - even when 4-0 down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve never really understood the appeal of smashing up toilets and chucking smoke bombs , am I missing out?
    Definitely. How can you expect to have fun at away games if you’re not doing at least one of those things?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Right, but at the very least they were reckless as to where it landed and, when there are disabled supporters/kids around it’s proper dickhead behaviour to be that reckless. 
    As @oohaahmortimer said above - the knob head element we have at away games has been growing - this predates Covid - I love it when we create a good atmosphere away, chanting etc, but the smoke bombs, smashing toilets, general yobbish behaviour, a fair few coked up people, this needs driving out

We have / had a good reputation as a decent club and decent fans, but we will lose that if this behaviour continues and gets worse

I know all clubs have supporters who are like this, but ours is growing - I mean what on earth is the point of smashing up the toilets when Charlton are getting tonked - indeed smashing up toilets at all, in any circumstances in any situation 
    Pretty sure our club get billed for any damage as well, so it’s only hurting us - doubt the home team care.
    Yep, our fans suffer because it's conveniences laid on for us, then our club suffers because the club has to foot the bill. Whoever smashed up the lavs are absolute fucking cretins. 
  • Options
    It also results in moved kick off times etc I can’t see Pompey being a 3pm on a Saturday again. The singing about Steven Wright killing peoples mums was ott also
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The behaviour of our fanscatcaway matches has been getting worse  each season for a while now. I can't recall visitors to the Valley  being so bad.  Who else sings that repulsive 'Family song ' as well. Nobody , just the awful people we attract. 
    It’s a handful of away games, usually where we have a large following. 

Leeds are the most usual suspects when you speak to stewards about who’s the worst. 

I don’t agree it’s getting worse after playing palace there was front page in local papers looking for it people. 
  • Options
    Please tell me you have only recently been following Charlton.
    If not, what did you witness 30+ years ago?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    T_C_E said:
    Phew.........I thought this was about getting rid of my 24" bottoms 3 button hole waist collection in my wardrobe. 
    Lightweight, 28" and 5 buttons!

A week or so after I got them, punk kicked in big time and they were scrap.