Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options
    watch Morgan’s positional sense when we don’t have the ball, it’s junior school ball watching
  • Options
    Unfortunately Harness’ distribution has been poor. Not sure if there’s a strong wind in Ipswich today but he’s conspired to slice all of his kicks towards the right sideline.
  • Options
    sweary text just received from plymouth friend...
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Half time.  Good news is that with some good strong tea and a well managed orange segment, we should edge this part.  Sitting around and pointing should play to our strengths.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    AFC Wimbledon are as good as down losing 3-0. 

Plymouth are out of the play-offs losing 3-0 and down to ten men. Praying for Burton to come back against Wycombe. 

Gillingham/Fleetwood and Rotherham/Mk Dons looks to be the ones that will go down to the wire. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Yeah just looked at the table again.

Even if Wycombe lose 2-1 now, and Plymouth stay 3-0 down (they're down to ten men); Wycombe will still finish 6th thanks to a better Goal Difference... By two goals
  • Options
    Every team in the top six winning while they are 0-3 down at home. How cruel to miss out on playoffs when you get 80 points.
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    watch Morgan’s positional sense when we don’t have the ball, it’s junior school ball watching
    There will still be people come august hoping that he gets his 8th/9th and 10th chances to make the first team. 

Needs to go this summer for me now. 
  • Options
    Absolutely insane that these wankers got clapped off last week, genuine insanity
  • Options
    Match between two horribly inconsistent teams.

We dominates them at the Valley and was probably one of our best performances of the season.

They’ve dominated us here and is most likely one of their best performances of their season.

Meanwhile both teams are finishing mid table. Tells you everything you need to know - we are not as different as you think.

- apparently we are easy to beat due to the formation, yet this team picks up 19 points from last nine games. Last time we had a bad run of results, Jacko’s tactics got found out but then it mysteriously started working again… when better players came in.

- the deficiencies of our midfielders was horribly exposed in the opening 15 minutes. Those deficiencies are leaving us open to semi-regular bad performances and we are being served one today.
    Don’t see how this changes next year, unless we change tactically. 

When we are in possession and pushing forwards our two advanced midfielders always seem to peel left and right, with Dobson tending to sit back centrally. This means when we get turned over there’s often massive spaces in the middle of the pitch for the opposition to exploit.

It happens time and time again, and it’s why teams like Hartlepool and even Gateshead were able to get players forward in good attacking positions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That half has been the story of our season. Getting over run and no sign of trying to make any changes in the set up to try and combat it. We seem so determined to stick to a gameplan regardless of how the game is panning out. Clueless ! 
    Anyone who is saying that the club should back this coaching set up in the transfer window needs their head examining. 
    Thank them all for their efforts and wish them luck in their future careers as soon as possible and get a coaching team in with a bit of nous
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Brown trying to compare Bonne and Stockley when it comes to taking on the back three, bloody hell that is like Chalk and Cheese, Stockley don't know how to break into a run, he has two gears, slow and stop... :s
  • Options
    Disgraceful not to utilise Kanu, elerewe & other fringe players today - considering it’s a dead duck game and clearly the team selected is useless anyway!! 

Jackson showing a lot of weaknesses! 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Twine gets his 2nd.

Just remind me why we didnt want him ?
    Because we put our eggs in the Fraser basket, then missed out on him.  No one was going to have both. 
    But we got neither & hence why we are going to finish 13th or 14th, MK Don's 3rd & Ipswich 11 points above us.

But no problem.as I keep being assured that this summer will be different 🙄
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Jeff Stelling just given us a further kiss of death on Sky sports....."Charlton haven't conceded 3 goals away from home in their last 41 games"................well that's that gonna be fucked then!!
    Incidentally, Sky haven't had a report from the game or the goals, yet they have from every other match.....guess the issues that's not allowing us to have 'live' commentary must be affecting Sky as well? 

• Options
    Totally forgot we kicked off (well Ipswich did) at 12.30. Thank god I did. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    That half has been the story of our season. Getting over run and no sign of trying to make any changes in the set up to try and combat it. We seem so determined to stick to a gameplan regardless of how the game is panning out. Clueless ! 
    Anyone who is saying that the club should back this coaching set up in the transfer window needs their head examining. 
    Thank them all for their efforts and wish them luck in their future careers as soon as possible and get a coaching team in with a bit of nous
    We are crying out for Deliveroo drivers...
  • Options
    Apologies for being a Miserable Old Git, on that first half showing, I don’t think I’s be bothered if I never saw Pearce, Innis, Famewo, Gilbey, Morgan and Washington in a Charlton shirt again
  • Options

We dominates them at the Valley and was probably one of our best performances of the season.

They’ve dominated us here and is most likely one of their best performances of their season.

Meanwhile both teams are finishing mid table. Tells you everything you need to know - we are not as different as you think.

- apparently we are easy to beat due to the formation, yet this team picks up 19 points from last nine games. Last time we had a bad run of results, Jacko’s tactics got found out but then it mysteriously started working again… when better players came in.

- the deficiencies of our midfielders was horribly exposed in the opening 15 minutes. Those deficiencies are leaving us open to semi-regular bad performances and we are being served one today.

When we are in possession and pushing forwards our two advanced midfielders always seem to peel left and right, with Dobson tending to sit back centrally. This means when we get turned over there’s often massive spaces in the middle of the pitch for the opposition to exploit.

It happens time and time again, and it’s why teams like Hartlepool and even Gateshead were able to get players forward in good attacking positions. 
    It gets better next year once Gilbey and Morgan are out of the team. They are woeful. Can’t expect Dobson to run around chasing Celina, Chaplin and Bakinson all by himself.

That’s why midfield is the hardest position to play. You have to know when to get forward and when to hold your position, where the man is and where the pass is going. Unfortunately these two don’t have it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Twine gets his 2nd.

Just remind me why we didnt want him ?
    Because we put our eggs in the Fraser basket, then missed out on him.  No one was going to have both. 
    But we got neither & hence why we are going to finish 13th or 14th, MK Don's 3rd & Ipswich 11 points above us.

But no problem.as I keep being assured that this summer will be different 🙄
    Well we have Fraser now... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just tuned in. Oh dear. Bonne dead cert to score today too. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    Donacien has done a good job on Washington. Perhaps the best I’ve seen this season? Usually those runs he makes pulls centre backs all over the place but he’s been kept very quiet.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Apparently the first 7 - 10 mins was quite open according to the comms? Missed it so no idea, the rest since then, well, the scorelie says it all.

Dont look good, we never look good, yeah yeah we've just had a good run, doesnt hide the fact we're largely shite - Players, and yes, sorry coaching alike.

Anyway only losing because:
    "The players are on holiday"
    "Last game of season doesnt mean anything"
    "Strong wind afecting Harness' distribution maybe" ;)
    "Stockley and Washington are out injured"
    "Somthing something Gilbey"
    "Ipswich's XG"
    "Powell did worse with better players"
    "Ref hates us"
    "ADAM FUCKING MATTHEWS"
    "Ged Roddy's CV"

• Options
    edited April 2022
    _MrDick said:
    Apologies for being a Miserable Old Git, on that first half showing, I don’t think I’s be bothered if I never saw Pearce, Innis, Famewo, Gilbey, Morgan and Washington in a Charlton shirt again

;)
  • Options
    Only just tuning in as didn’t realize it was a early kick off but, in discussing the game so far, Brownie has just been describing all the problems with every match since Jacko’s run as caretaker, particularly the midfield. Question is, is it tactics, personnel or both? I’ll be honest, Jacko hasn’t convinced me yet he will get the best out of a squad, no matter how good the recruitment is this summer. But also, a midfield with both Gilbey and Morgan starting regularly is definitely not a promotion winning midfield.

JFC for Gilbey and Lee for Morgan should be the obvious ones, and maybe DJ for Matthews too. 
  • Options
    live commentary stream is back for anyone who hasn't gone out instead...
  • Options
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    3-0

Only joking, I hope!
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Tyreeq Bakinson (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 46'

Post update

Foul by Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options

It gets better next year once Gilbey and Morgan are out of the team. They are woeful. Can’t expect Dobson to run around chasing Celina, Chaplin and Bakinson all by himself.

That’s why midfield is the hardest position to play. You have to know when to get forward and when to hold your position, where the man is and where the pass is going. Unfortunately these two don’t have it.
    I pray Gilbey will not be a starter next season, but I think Jackson actually really likes him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!