Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Here we go, last match of the season, early bird kick off 12.30

Looks like a few changes been made to the line up, good to see Harness in goal, nice test,sold out away end and well done the 1800+.. so 3 points today and top half..easy eh,, B)

Charlton: Harness; Inniss, Pearce (c), Famewo; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley, Washington

Subs: Henderson, Elerewe, Forster-Caskey, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Burstow

Comments

• jeez, nearly caught out by the KO time.

Why are these games all KOing at such a ridiculous time. Why? 
  • Please god Harness has a good game, I have promoted his case continually.
    Interesting he is picked instead of Henderson.
    I think his distribution is very good, well we'll see today if it's true.
  • Kevin Lisbie has just made me smile

He thinks that Milton Keynes will edge into the top two... But doesnt see Wycombe getting into the Play-Offs - Erm if Plymouth lose, then Wycombe only need a point a Burton to get into 6th ;)

Why are these games all KOing at such a ridiculous time. Why?                   SKY  
  • Here we go, last match of the season, early bird kick off 12.30

Looks like a few changes been made to the line up, good to see Harness in goal, nice test,sold out away end and well done the 1800+.. so 3 points today and top half..easy eh,, B)

Charlton: Harness; Inniss, Pearce (c), Famewo; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley, Washington

Subs: Henderson, Elerewe, Forster-Caskey, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Burstow

I do think our away support is amazing considering.

Cos all the games have to kick off at the same time, and Sky are showing the promotion race games.
  • Nice chat with Chris Parkes, 34 years service to the club, well done Chris..
  • Laughing at Brownie taking potshots at Jason Morgan's usual sartorial elegance, following the photos of him Tracey and Thomas Sandgaard at the EFL awards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking in the programme, the highest Ipswich have reached is 8th this season. A massive underachievement when you look at their spend and wages
  • MacGillivray doesn't even make the bench?? God I hope he’s not leaving.
  • Thomas sounding as positive as he can, but still has that pissed off tone with regards to where we are finishing, but hey, this time next year eh Thomas... B)
  • aliwibble said:
    jeez, nearly caught out by the KO time.

Cos all the games have to kick off at the same time, and Sky are showing the promotion race games.
    OK. And why 12.30? Because it suits Sky, I presume. 

Look at the journeys some of those away fans have to make. Imagine the time they had to get up and start off.

And still people argue that "Football doesn't need a regulator". These swivel-eyed fanatics are the latest to wade in and show their hand, btw.
  • JaShea99 said:
    MacGillivray doesn't even make the bench?? God I hope he’s not leaving.
    He's unwell
  • JaShea99 said:
    Ill apparently.
  • edited April 2022
    His name is Corey,

Oh Blackett Taylor 

He would merengueeee 

& do the cha cha 

He’s got lightning in his boots,

He will go past you 

And he’s gonna be a starrrrr 

1 2 3 

His name is Corey, oh Blackett Taylor 

He would merengueee and do the cha cha 

He’s got lightning in his boots 

He will go past you 

And he’s gonna be a starrrrr 

12 3 

His name is Corey, oh Blackett Taylor 

• Looking in the programme, the highest Ipswich have reached is 8th this season. A massive underachievement when you look at their spend and wages
    That can't be right. They won the league back in August.
  • edited April 2022
    aliwibble said:

Look at the journeys some of those away fans have to make. Imagine the time they had to get up and start off.

And still people argue that "Football doesn't need a regulator". These swivel-eyed fanatics are the latest to wade in and show their hand, btw.
    Yeah wouldnt surprise me... What with it being a Saturday too, the choice was either now or @ 5:30pm

Imagine League Two will finish @ 12:30 next week, with the Championship finishing @ 12:30 on Sunday - Its because the EFL is then out of the way of the Premier League games that they can then show.
  • Sponsored links:

• To the tune of copacobana 

I will be trying my best to make this happen today 
  • aliwibble said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Ill apparently.

• To the tune of copacobana 

I will be trying my best to make this happen today 
  • edited April 2022
    The interview with Mr Sandgaard is a good one.
    However absolutely nothing compares with points achieved.
    To quote the fantastic John Robinson, we will need 50 points by the end of January next year.
  • Dont think the "patient" comment will go down too well with a lot of fans
  • aliwibble said:

Can't be 3pm because of the TV blackout, so the other option would be 5:30pm, which might be better for travel, but would probably struggle to get clearance from the police with fans being on the piss all afternoon.
  • aliwibble said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Ill apparently.

Proof that MacKeeper can catch something.
  • Dont think the "patient" comment will go down too well with a lot of fans
    Yeh, think...or maybe hope it was tongue in cheek...Lisbie had it right, we have been more than patient and deserve progression now..
  • Too slow off the mark @Briston_Addick, Soapy beat you to it :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!