Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Remember when people used to laugh at Ipswich for their signings last year? 
    Yeah, I reckon Ipswich will do well in the Championship next year...

They've done worse than us, given the players they signed
    They're above us in the table after having the same aims as us before the season began. 

They also now have a settled squad now ready to compete for the top spots next season. We are miles off. 
    Ipswich should have finished top two this season, we at best should have been top six

Given they're one place above us, that says they've done a LOT worse

They should have had a squad that was ready to compete for the top spots this season, you know like Wigan who also brought in a whole new squad, or are you tactically ignoring them?
    The idea that we've had a better season than Ipswich I disagree with. 

Not going to bother arguing. They're beating us handily, they have a better squad than us and are ready to challenge next season. We aren't. 
    Not saying we've had a better season, we've both been shite so to beat one out over their squad is a bit pathetic as it stands - Not to mention we beat them handily at the Valley...
  • Options
    We win this 
  • Options
    1. 22'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Conor Chaplin.

• Options
    1. 22'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Janoi Donacien.

• Options
    1. 23'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Albie Morgan tries a through ball, but Alex Gilbey is caught offside.

• Options
    Why do you make stuff up?
  • Options
    Bolton 0-1 Fleetwood

Gillingham relegated as things stand - But will stay up if they win, Morecambe will replace them in the bottom four
  • Options
    For all Stockley's goals this season, he always comes over never in the game unless it is a corner/free kick, he is far too slow and lumbering, and never seems to be in the game, result one up top most of the game in Washington, very frustrating...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Making Ipswich look like liverpool 
    This current team make Morecambe & Cheltenham look like Liverpool.
  • Options
    Plymouth 0-1 Milton Keynes
    Burton 0-0 Wycombe

Means that Wycombe replace Plymouth in the Play-Offs
  • Options
    Has there ever been a football league team so undeserving of their away support?

If it wasn't for them, I'd kind of hope that we lose 6-0 as it would be a clear summary of our unacceptably shit season.
  • Options

28' Dobson volleys wide from just outside the box. #itfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options

30' A tough opening half-hour here. 15 until the break. #itfc 0 #cafc 2
  • Options
    our problem here is that we let 2 goals in during our good 10 minutes so our usual game plan is shot.
  • Options
    This is just embarrassing our midfield so poor
  • Options
    1. 30'

Post update

Attempt missed. Sam Morsy (Ipswich Town) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the left.

• Options
    The number of times our players have slipped over, we must be playing in Plimsols 
  • Options
    We've dropped to 13th as things stand

Last two times we've finished in that position in League One we've finished 1st and 6th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

30' A lovely cushioned header from Bonne sets up Morsy, but the latter drills wide from the edge of the area. Town in full flow. Keep it going, boys!
    2-0 | #itfc
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Anyone else have an idea why we've just carried on with the same formation and let Ipswich swarm all over us.

Jackson is so tactically naive.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he's only changed the formation during a game once. I swear me, you or anyone else could do his job - pick some players, same formation, hope for the best. 
    Remember now, he has his official coaching badges.

I wonder if they are the ones you get inside a packet of Cornflakes or you have to earn them like part of a DofE.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Plymouth 0-1 Milton Keynes
    Burton 0-0 Wycombe

Means that Wycombe replace Plymouth in the Play-Offs
    Milton Keynes winning, and Rotherham drawing relegates the latter to the Play-Offs

Works well for Morecambe that one, as means Rotherham need a goal at Gillingham to get 2nd

FFS: Rotherham go 1-0 up as a type that.

Means with Wigan drawing, Rotherham will win the league as things stand.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Exactly. Nobody was laughing. Everyone said they'd bought the best players and would win the league. Guy is a plank
    Go through a couple of the match day threads in August and September to see posts of Ipswich scores and no other teams. 

They started winning so it stopped unsurprisingly, while we sat in the relegation zone. 
  • Options
    Forgot it was an early kick off.  All going swimmingly I see. 
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    our problem here is that we let 2 goals in during our good 10 minutes so our usual game plan is shot.
    But funny that when we have a good opening 10 mins we don't score

• Options
    1. 34'

Post update

Offside, Ipswich Town. Luke Woolfenden tries a through ball, but Wes Burns is caught offside.

• Options
    1. 35'

Post update

Foul by Matt Penney (Ipswich Town).

2. 35'

Post update

Corey Blackett-Taylor (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    Gills losing 0-1
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Exactly. Nobody was laughing. Everyone said they'd bought the best players and would win the league. Guy is a plank
    Go through a couple of the match day threads in August and September to see posts of Ipswich scores and no other teams. 

They started winning so it stopped unsurprisingly, while we sat in the relegation zone. 
    People were laughing at other Charlton fans claiming Ipswich had walked the league before it even started, not at their signings. Stop making stuff up.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!