Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options
    Remember when people used to laugh at Ipswich for their signings last year? 
    No?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Yeah, I reckon Ipswich will do well in the Championship next year...

They've done worse than us, given the players they signed
  • Options
    1. 13'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Conor Chaplin (Ipswich Town) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

• Options
    Baptism of fire for young Nathan so far, neither goal has overly been his fault either
    Getting Charltonised!
  • Options
    1. 14'

Post update

Foul by Sam Morsy (Ipswich Town).

2. 14'

Post update

Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    Anyone got live commentary? ive just got the wheel of death!
    mind you just seen the score....dont think i'll bother now.
    Same here.
    No comms & nothing from Charlton TV as to why 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Never mind, but we are renowned for our resilience and bouncebackability!

Give JJ a 4 year contract and i can give up following football altogether!
  • Options
    Feel sorry for the 1800 fans at the game. Not worth travelling to watch this team.

Thank god this is the last game
  • Options
    Well, they'll be up there in League One next season while we'll still be fighting for 14th. Unreal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    still can't get the commentary and starting to think that's a good thing...

If you can lose the pictures as well you have a win double
  • Options
    Jackson said he learnt his lessons didn't he? We are easy to beat because we set up the same way every single game with no plan b! 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Well, they'll be up there in League One next season while we'll still be fighting for 14th. Unreal
    B-B-But I thought they were supposed to finish top two this year guaranteed?

Its as bad as the joke about how Sheffield United "will come" good at this level
  • Options
    15 minutes in and Ipswich are schooling us, thrashing us actually.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Baptism of fire for young Nathan so far, neither goal has overly been his fault either

Yeah, I'm not one for overly defending the youth because "one of ours" but so far, it's all down to the midfield and defence.

Maybe McGillivray isn't as shite as we think 😅
  • Options
    Remember the Leaburn hatrick game.......Keep the faith!
  • Options

They're above us in the table after having the same aims as us before the season began. 

They also now have a settled squad now ready to compete for the top spots next season. We are miles off. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022

They're above us in the table after having the same aims as us before the season began. 

They also now have a settled squad now ready to compete for the top spots next season. We are miles off. 
    Ipswich should have finished top two this season, we at best should have been top six

Given they're one place above us, that says they've done a LOT worse

They should have had a squad that was ready to compete for the top spots this season, you know like Wigan who also brought in a whole new squad, or are you tactically ignoring them?
  • Options
    1. 16'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Macauley Bonne (Ipswich Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Janoi Donacien with a cross.

• Options
    1. 17'

Post update

Offside, Ipswich Town. Janoi Donacien tries a through ball, but Macauley Bonne is caught offside.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hate charlton... had lumped on top half heavily when Jacko took over. Why do I never learn
  • Options
    Just had this on tweeter

We have been made aware of an issue with our live audio feed and the team are working to resolve it swiftly. The live video feed has not been impacted.

• Options

We have been made aware of an issue with our live audio feed and the team are working to resolve it swiftly. The live video feed has not been impacted.
  • Options
    1. 18'

Post update

Foul by Wes Burns (Ipswich Town).

2. 18'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    Forgot it was a early kick off. Only another hour or so of the season left thankfully 
  • Options
    Anyone else have an idea why we've just carried on with the same formation and let Ipswich swarm all over us.

Jackson is so tactically naive.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he's only changed the formation during a game once. I swear me, you or anyone else could do his job - pick some players, same formation, hope for the best. 
  • Options

18' And yes, for those who may not have guessed, we are currently experiencing some wifi issues...
  • Options

Ipswich should have finished top two this season, we at best should have been top six

Given they're one place above us, that says they've done a LOT worse

They should have had a squad that was ready to compete for the top spots this season, you know like Wigan who also brought in a whole new squad, or are you tactically ignoring them?
    The idea that we've had a better season than Ipswich I disagree with. 

Not going to bother arguing. They're beating us handily, they have a better squad than us and are ready to challenge next season. We aren't. 
  • Options
    Making Ipswich look like liverpool 
  • Options
    1. 21'

Post update

Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!