Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options

36' CLOSE! Matthews' cross is met by Stockley whose header forces a good save from Walton, tipping round the post. #itfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Great save from Walton to deny Stockley
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Remember when people used to laugh at Ipswich for their signings last year? 
    Why do you make stuff up?
    Exactly. Nobody was laughing. Everyone said they'd bought the best players and would win the league. Guy is a plank
    Go through a couple of the match day threads in August and September to see posts of Ipswich scores and no other teams. 

They started winning so it stopped unsurprisingly, while we sat in the relegation zone. 
    People were laughing at other Charlton fans claiming Ipswich had walked the league before it even started, not at their signings. Stop making stuff up.
    To be fair he is right about that one.

Although I equally seem to remember it stopping because people were getting fed up with the constant Ipswich updates, perhaps because their prediction about them doing so well was going so wrong ;)
  • Options
    1. 37'

Post update

Elkan Baggott (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 37'

Post update

Foul by Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    VFR ringing out from the sold out Addicks..respect.. keep it up one and all
  • Options
    Watching an Ipswich commentary stream and the commentators are creaming their pants over that Walton save. Looked pretty standard to me. 
  • Options
    Gave up with this season and current team when fans decided to clap off "Gilbs" last week when he got subbed. 
  • Options
    1. 39'

Post update

Foul by Sam Morsy (Ipswich Town).

2. 39'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    Twine gets his 2nd.

Just remind me why we didnt want him ?
  • Options
    Twine gets his 2nd.

Steptoe and Son weren't interested
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Gillingham down as it stands. 

Rotherham would finish top with the rest looking like 

2nd Wigan
    3rd MK Dons
    4th Sheff Wed
    5th Sunderland
    6th Wycombe
    7th Plymouth

MK Dons winning 2-0 so if Rotherham drop points they'll end up 3rd. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Chunes said:
    Remember when people used to laugh at Ipswich for their signings last year? 
    Why do you make stuff up?
    Exactly. Nobody was laughing. Everyone said they'd bought the best players and would win the league. Guy is a plank
    Go through a couple of the match day threads in August and September to see posts of Ipswich scores and no other teams. 

They started winning so it stopped unsurprisingly, while we sat in the relegation zone. 
    You said people were laughing at their signings, not laughing at their results.

If you make stuff up then it's down to you to back it up, I'm not deep-diving old threads for you. 
  • Options
    Twine gets his 2nd.

I imagine because our focus was on Scott Fraser (Although at the time we had "no interest" in Twine) - Milton Keynes signed Twine before they sold Fraser, so we were still chasing our top target who then decided to go elsewhere
  • Options
    1. 42'

Post update

Corner, Ipswich Town. Conceded by Ryan Inniss.

• Options

42' Chaplin loops header over the bar for the home side. #itfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Shrewsbury 0-1 Wigan... Means the latter replace Rotherham as Champions
  • Options
    Plymouth 0-3 Milton Keynes
    Burton 0-1 Wycombe

Plymouth now need a minor miracle to finish in 6th - Burton showing (like they did last season) about how much they care come the final day of the season no doubt.
  • Options

43' So close! Bakinson plays a delightful cross to Chaplin, who tries to loop a header over Nathan Harness, but it lands on the roof of the net. 2-0 | #itfc
  • Options
    Twine gets his 2nd.

Because we put our eggs in the Fraser basket, then missed out on him.  No one was going to have both. 
  • Options
    Bolton 1-1 Fleetwood @ HT

If Gillingham can find two goals, then Fleetwood will be relegated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

45' One additional minute at the end of the first half. 2-0 | #itfc
  • Options
    HT 2-0
  • Options
    Diabolical.
    Let everybody down big time.
  • Options
    Awful 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Just 45mins of Football to go lads... Cmon dig deep watching this shite, we can endure one last half
  • Options
    What was the reaction from the away fans?
  • Options

Well that first half was..shite, ain't that right Jacko,..oh, and why no midfield...

• Options
    I too am going to cut the lawn.

Good luck to you poor lot . Disgraceful. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Match between two horribly inconsistent teams.

We dominates them at the Valley and was probably one of our best performances of the season.

They’ve dominated us here and is most likely one of their best performances of their season.

Meanwhile both teams are finishing mid table. Tells you everything you need to know - we are not as different as you think.

- apparently we are easy to beat due to the formation, yet this team picks up 19 points from last nine games. Last time we had a bad run of results, Jacko’s tactics got found out but then it mysteriously started working again… when better players came in.

- the deficiencies of our midfielders was horribly exposed in the opening 15 minutes. Those deficiencies are leaving us open to semi-regular bad performances and we are being served one today.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!