Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Gillingham | Tuesday 15 March 2022 | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Im really nervous about tonight. Win and atleast we are pretty safe and we can start to look forward to next season. Lose and .... well the unthinkable is possible
  • cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    Fair enough - I thought he was finished here based on what I’d heard and Gunter coming in
    What had you heard?
    Just a couple of fans on Saturday said to me that they think he doesn’t want to be here next season.  No credible sources, just passing on what they had heard etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised.  I would imagine he thinks he can play a level up and given how poor it is at the moment, morale must be low.  Elliott Lee I would guess would potentially be more up for a permanent move with his dad’s connection to the club and the fact Luton won’t want to keep him on and they’re only a Championship team.

I know Norwich are on their way back to the Championship, but part of me thinks Famewo thinks he can play at that level 
    Might explain why his displays and effort have dropped off a cliff in recent weeks.

Head is potentially already back with Norwich
  • Absolutely gutted , Mrs said don't think the kids want to go to this cos they're too tired getting in late on a school night .
    Yep no problem .
    She then says just check again with them and three of the cnuts want to go,  only youngest doesn't ffs petrolhead even a yes , I'm sure Peter Kay only said yes cos he wants a fucking burger and chips ffs cat funt 
    furious now , I've got to take them and little shit stays at home with mum .
    @oo@oohaahmortimer you crack me up. You should do a family journal.

• Those of us who can actually be bothered to go tonight will be treated to a footballing masterclass. They’ll be calling it the Shockley & Washington Show for years to come as we romp home to victory. 

Come on you rip-roaring Addicks 
  • Think the Gillingham bus with Chopper at the wheel.will be ready to roll over the Charlton mini. Under the.lights, sparse crowd, what could go wrong. A lot. 4-1 to Gillingham, you heard it....
  • Plenty of Gillingham herberts kicking around.
  • A lot of our fans are too focused on results rather than performances. Players need time to get used to formations and we shouldn't obsess too much about the odd blip.

I've finally accepted our promotion hopes are over and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the football now that the pressure is over. Holding Accrington to a 2-1 defeat following our one match unbeaten run have to be grounds for optimism that the tide is turning. Gillingham are a good side and I genuinely think we can make a game of it.

Defeat won't be a disaster providing we don't lose by more than two goals. 
  • Got to be a win tonight, even if its just another great penalty shot from Stocko. 

Going 1-0 Charlton

COYR!!!

• Alright, me loverrrrrrs, I'll put up the Match thread dreckly.

• A lot of our fans are too focused on results rather than performances. Players need time to get used to formations and we shouldn't obsess too much about the odd blip.

I've finally accepted our promotion hopes are over and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the football now that the pressure is over. Holding Accrington to a 2-1 defeat following our one match unbeaten run have to be grounds for optimism that the tide is turning. Gillingham are a good side and I genuinely think we can make a game of it.

Bloody hell mate that must win The most positive post of the year " award 
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    Fair enough - I thought he was finished here based on what I’d heard and Gunter coming in
    What had you heard?
    Just a couple of fans on Saturday said to me that they think he doesn’t want to be here next season.  No credible sources, just passing on what they had heard etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised.  I would imagine he thinks he can play a level up and given how poor it is at the moment, morale must be low.  Elliott Lee I would guess would potentially be more up for a permanent move with his dad’s connection to the club and the fact Luton won’t want to keep him on and they’re only a Championship team.

I know Norwich are on their way back to the Championship, but part of me thinks Famewo thinks he can play at that level 
    But do other clubs agree with him?

He's been poor this season, and as someone in his second season here, you'd expect him to be settled and indeed helping to lead the defence.
  • AndyG said:
    A lot of our fans are too focused on results rather than performances. Players need time to get used to formations and we shouldn't obsess too much about the odd blip.

Bloody hell mate that must win The most positive post of the year " award 
    I'm just on some strong drugs...
  • Plenty of Gillingham herberts kicking around.
    Probably gave Patel's Newsagents on Gillingham high street 2,000 tickets to give away. 
  • cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    What had you heard?

He's been poor this season, and as someone in his second season here, you'd expect him to be settled and indeed helping to lead the defence.
    Remember your talking about the player that was "clearly the best center back in the divison" this time last year........ 
  • Beware the Ides of March.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    What had you heard?

Remember your talking about the player that was "clearly the best center back in the divison" this time last year........ 
    If not the best last season he was certainly one of the best. Makes you wonder how we manage to coach decent players into shite
  • AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    What had you heard?

If not the best last season he was certainly one of the best. Makes you wonder how we manage to coach decent players into shite
    Because we big them up when we win and call them "dog shit" when we don't.  He isn't the best center back in the divison, he never was, he isn't dog shot now. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    What had you heard?

Good players aren't good for half a dozen games before being found out, they do it season after season
  • Sage said:
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Dobson and Famewo one booking away from a 2 game suspension. It's worrying that Dobson has picked up a lot of bookings in the past few games. It seems inconceivable that our best player since Jacko took over could be rested but is it a possibility?

Not so bothered about Famewo.

I don’t think will see Famewo much again if at all.  I understand he doesn’t want to stay and given the loan maximum, I think he’s played his last game for us 
     He went to Accrington on Saturday but was taken ill and so didn't play. 
    I don’t think that’s true 
    Pretty sure you’ll see Famewo in the squad tonight.
    I stand corrected. I hope it’s nothing more than he’s been unwell and not anything more than that. However, I did question bad apples within…
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave Rudd said:
    More gambling advice from your resident tipster (me).

A fiver on us to get relegated will return £400-ish.  If the worst happens, you have a free season ticket for next season.

Yes, yes ... I know it feels dirty when you back your own team to fail, but look at it this way.

You spent a fiver to ensure that we stay up.

OK?
    At the rate of free tickets being given out,could be pretty much free anyways…but me il save the fiver too & wont feel dirty either….😬😁👍😉,

got to be tonight surely a goal fest & we prevail 4-3…🤗
  • Matthews - that is certain defeat he has played 18 times and managed 3 wins !!! No thanks to him !
    When will JJ learn that Matthews cannot defend 
    I wish I stayed at home 
  • Dave Rudd said:
    More gambling advice from your resident tipster (me).

A fiver on us to get relegated will return £400-ish.  If the worst happens, you have a free season ticket for next season.

Yes, yes ... I know it feels dirty when you back your own team to fail, but look at it this way.

You spent a fiver to ensure that we stay up.

OK?

Sincere thanks to everyone who 'invested'.  Your fiver (which could have gone to the Ukraine) has kept us up. 

Well done.  You can no longer get odds on us getting relegated.