Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th March 2022

Comments

• Could we become the biggest club ever to be relegated to the 4th tier without the assistance of a points deduction?
  • Teams helping us out just now. Burton equalised against Fleetwood. 
  • edited March 2022
    Looks like we're 3-4-3

MacGillivray
    Clare Lavelle Dobson
    Leko Fraser Lee Jaiyesimi
    Burstow Stockley Washington
  • What is the point of bringing on a sub (no matter who it is) with four minutes to go.
    1. 88'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 88'

Post update

Foul by Ross Sykes (Accrington Stanley).

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    The red card dropped Accrington’s chance of winning from about 75% to about 60%.
    Still confident?
    Confident in what? I don’t have a lot of confidence in anything to do with this team atm!
    Confident we'll stay out of the relegation fight
    Confident we’ll stay up pretty comfortably. Seven points with only nine games left is a big gap.

And yes, I know that’s depressing. Before smart arses trying to make it sound like I think that’s good enough.
    How can you say that? Gillingham beat us on Tuesday and they are 4 points behind us. 
    We beat them and it’s 10 points 🤷‍♂️
  • Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Get Leko off.
    Pile of shit. For me, our worst player over the season.
    I have a bit of sympathy for him as he's barely been played in his position. Up front he offers next to nothing but keeps being played there. At wing back he's had some decent games but defending isn't his thing. Wide man in a formation without wide men. 
    To a point I agree, we have an abundance of natural wingers in our squad but insist on this formation. Would he play better as a winger? Probably. But his overall football brain is shocking. His only skill is his speed. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    The red card dropped Accrington’s chance of winning from about 75% to about 60%.
    Still confident?
    Confident in what? I don’t have a lot of confidence in anything to do with this team atm!
    Confident we’ll stay up pretty comfortably. Seven points with only nine games left is a big gap.

And yes, I know that’s depressing. Before smart arses trying to make it sound like I think that’s good enough.
    But we are playing most of the bottom half of the table in those 9 games, with a few against teams below us. 
    So in theory it should be easier to pick up some points than against Wigan, Oxford, MK, Bolton etc then?
  • ross1 said:

86' SUB  Mason Burstow is on for Chris Gunter. #asfc 2 #cafc 1
    Nice to see Jacko levelling the playing field and bringing us down to 10 men aswell
  • Clare didn't move an inch for that throw in. Literally unmarked and didn't move an inch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Get Leko off.
    I have a bit of sympathy for him as he's barely been played in his position. Up front he offers next to nothing but keeps being played there. At wing back he's had some decent games but defending isn't his thing. Wide man in a formation without wide men. 
    When he was played as an attacking right winger he looked one of our very bright spots going forward under Adkins. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Still confident?

How can you say that? Gillingham beat us on Tuesday and they are 4 points behind us. 
    This team couldn’t beat an egg at the moment
    1. 89'

Post update

Foul by Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic).

2. 89'

Post update

Seamus Conneely (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Washington scores, but something given against him.. not sure if handball or offside 
  • Looked a great touch and finish... Shame.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Still confident?

When do we start beating teams because I'm fed up
  • Washington goal disallowed and he gets a yellow card
  • Shirtliff: "We've been poor on throw-ins today."

No Peter.

We've been poor at football in general.

And now Washy has a goal disallowed for handball.

• 90+1 Washington has the ball in the net, but the linesman flags to rule it out for a handball. #asfc 2 #cafc 1
  • The worry is that if we stay up (its embarrassing that it's an if still), people will see it as a justification for keeping Jackson on for next season. 

Outside of maybe 6 games, he's been an awful manager. He's shown us nothing to indicate he could lead a promotion side or actually have any clue of how to lead a side. 

He has suffered through bad managers and repeated a lot of the same mistakes they made when he was playing and coaching. It's like he's learned nothing from them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn’t look like a handball but the camera angle isn’t great 
  • sarge1g said:
    What is the point of bringing on a sub (no matter who it is) with four minutes to go.
    Because it make you look as though you are doing something for your wages?
  • Looked like he used his arm on the replay 
  • vffvff
    edited March 2022
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Get Leko off.
    To a point I agree, we have an abundance of natural wingers in our squad but insist on this formation. Would he play better as a winger? Probably. But his overall football brain is shocking. His only skill is his speed. 

Leko is not a front player as part of a 2. Standing on the goal line, and being offside, was an example of that. Really not a fan of 352, when we don't have any decent wing backs or quick centre backs, and don't have the strikers for it either.
  • Pisses me off so much that we start sprinting around like we care in the last couple of minutes. Why didn't you bloody do that for the rest of the game?!
    1. 90'

Booking

Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card.

2. 90'

Post update

Hand ball by Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic).

1. 90'+2'

Post update

Foul by George Dobson (Charlton Athletic).

2. 90'+2'

Post update

Ross Sykes (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Shirtliff: "We've been poor on throw-ins today."

No Peter.

We've been poor at football in general.

And now Washy has a goal disallowed for handball.
    Can I pronounce poor as "fucking shite"??
  • FFS, how could that be handball by Washington, and how did the Lino apparently see that when he was on Washingtons blind side, bloody guess work that's how ...or plain cheating..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!