Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training Ground

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    If the club had released anything on the Training Ground they would have been met with instant 'no point having those facilities without a manager and only six to use it' comments.

We knew it was being done and we knew there was a project to acheive Cat 1 academy status as the club had said so.

As for an update, it probably wasn't at the stage we wanted to it to be, just like the manager situation at the start ot the week or the current playing squad is now.

This way we have been spared 'oh great another trench' and the likes, it looks impressive and good to see where my Valley Gold is going. 

Where's the punchline?
  • Options
    That is a million times better than what we had, fair play to TS for investing the money on something he doesn't actually own.

A question though, i assume he would have had to get RD's permission to do all those improvements, given that it's RD who owns it?
    In answer to your question; It would depend on what the lease TS has says but it is almost certain that, yes, he would need RDs permission as that is a pretty standard clause for major works in a commercial lease.

Elsewhere in this thread, someone said asked if it would increase the price RD would ask for.  It may do as RD is irrational but assuming his wild valuations are based on some unlikely resi planning permissions then these works should have no impact.  The fact you can also take them down and move them also means he does not get a lot more bargaining power over our stickiness to the site.

My view is that the videos look superb, it is clearly a huge improvement and real money spent by TS so well done to him.  No fan can be upset by this.

Plus a correction on those now saying why was news not given earlier, we knew they had bought units as they told us, we knew they were much much better than portacabins despite being temporary buildings as they told us and we knew they were going for CAT1 so work was under way as they told us.  It looks a lot better than what I expected tbf but criticism of communication by TS seems churlish to the extreme to me.
    Since when has that stopped the agenda driven bedwetters?
  • Options
    Are there any other actual pictures of the training ground? 
  • Options
    I’m considering hiring one of those courtroom artists to give an impression as to how it looks.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In my view that picture would be much better if the roller was called lettuce 🥬.
    …pray?     
  • Options
    Pray for the Lookman Trench.
  • Options
    My guess is that the new CEO is trying to communicate more and share more good news stories.

Also in this case, the work hasn't finished yet and we haven't yet got Cat 1 status so maybe the hope was to shout about it when those two things had happened but it was decided that some positive news would be a good thing.
    ?

Do you mean Jokat?  The COO?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know most fans reading this thread know how Important this project is to the clubs long term future.
    Sado that I am I visited Sparrows Lane yesterday to see for myself. Not allowed in so walked up the public footpath.

Although  the units do look prefabricated there still impressive  imo. Some are still  boarded up, seemingly waiting on window installation.
    Took some pic's  but err they've disappeared from my phone (must do better)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    It’s been soooo frustrating knowing this has been going on but not being able to say much about it. It really does look awesome and Thomas has definitely put his money where his mouth is! 

Perhaps you can now see my frustrations at those who bemoaned us getting in some “Portacabins”

id also like to say I’m incredibly proud of my father and his staff who have worked so diligently on this for months now.  This is another hugely proud moment for my family for the club we love
    So do you know why on earth the club have given out very little information about this?
    It makes no sense to me.
    It’s not my place to shout about it regardless of how much I’ve wanted to.  The club want to get it done their way and then it will be officially opened and I dare say some internal camera stuff from Olly. 

Colonoscopy ?

• Options
    I know most fans reading this thread know how Important this project is to the clubs long term future.
    Sado that I am I visited Sparrows Lane yesterday to see for myself. Not allowed in so walked up the public footpath.

Although  the units do look prefabricated there still impressive  imo. Some are still  boarded up, seemingly waiting on window installation.
    Took some pic's  but err they've disappeared from my phone (must do better)
    Most stuff is prefabricated nowadays and once clad should look the dogs.

I am a natural piss taker, habitually with half empty glass in hand but I do give credit where it is due.  I fully expected anything at SL to dissapear up that Belgians wizzened old arsehole but well done TS and the team. Progress is good!
  • Options
    not giving much away with the training gear there!, clearly not been sent much yet - the red stuff is still Hummel 
  • Options
    not giving much away with the training gear there!, clearly not been sent much yet - the red stuff is still Hummel 
    Just generic Castore stuff
  • Options
    Spare kit donated by Wimbledon ball boys by the looks of it. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I reckon the ones in the training kit, have been back training before hand, the others first day back I reckon
  • Options
    Excellent photos there, thanks Clive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 pics of garner with Innis, Were they at Palace together?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Enjoyed seeing those pics from the training ground. The king is dead, long live the King.

New term starting, there will be new faces, old faces, and return faces like Charlie Kirk.
    Old lockers, and new lockers for the fresh signings. Many initiation songs to be sung over the next weeks and months. 

Ben Garner is the new Gaffer and from day 1 that is who you need to impress (as well as Thomas) 

It feels like the start of a new era BUT will  the punch drunk fan base give the time for this to succeed.
    We live in a world of instant gratification and the positive results could take time.

A flicker of light in the pitch black of recent seasons.
  • Options
    Any injuries ?
    Give them a chance, they've only just got their boots out of the locker!
  • Options
    Any injuries ?

Only Ben Garner, after first Eoghan, and Big Ryan Inniss shock his hand.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Sorry to burst bubbles but I’ve heard we won’t be getting cat 1 as things stand, club have or will be informed soon. Sure we will continue to apply but the new TG isn’t quite there yet to be awarded cat 1 status. I’m sure TS will be even more determined but a blow none the less if true! 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Sorry to burst bubbles but I’ve heard we won’t be getting cat 1 as things stand, club have or will be informed soon. Sure we will continue to apply but the new TG isn’t quite there yet to be awarded cat 1 status. I’m sure TS will be even more determined but a blow none the less if true! 
    Nice for someone to tell you, before they tell the club 😅
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Nice for someone to tell you, before they tell the club 😅
    Second hand information, just what has been passed onto me. My guess is the club now know if not yeah it’s awkward 😂
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Damn, I bet we failed due to the poor spelling on the door sign and the bowed aluminum sign above the entrance.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Damn, I bet we failed due to the poor spelling on the door sign and the bowed aluminum sign above the entrance.
    No smoke without fire
  • Options
    Dyslexia rules KO