Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training Ground

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    That looked like a cartoon or something.
    It’s a mix isn’t it if the work in progress and the presumably original / architects artists impression. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It’s a mix isn’t it if the work in progress and the presumably original / architects artists impression. 
    Ah. I got it partly sort of right.
    Such a development is a terrific thing and I hope everything is fully completed very soon.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    It’s been soooo frustrating knowing this has been going on but not being able to say much about it. It really does look awesome and Thomas has definitely put his money where his mouth is! 

Perhaps you can now see my frustrations at those who bemoaned us getting in some “Portacabins”

id also like to say I’m incredibly proud of my father and his staff who have worked so diligently on this for months now.  This is another hugely proud moment for my family for the club we love
    Outstanding work, and well done! Certainly proud moment. It looks great, and well done Thomas
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    It’s been soooo frustrating knowing this has been going on but not being able to say much about it. It really does look awesome and Thomas has definitely put his money where his mouth is! 

Perhaps you can now see my frustrations at those who bemoaned us getting in some “Portacabins”

id also like to say I’m incredibly proud of my father and his staff who have worked so diligently on this for months now.  This is another hugely proud moment for my family for the club we love
    So do you know why on earth the club have given out very little information about this?
    It makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Underestimating how much the fans would care maybe?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Impressive stuff - are any actual pictures or videos being released?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

So do you know why on earth the club have given out very little information about this?
    It makes no sense to me.
    It’s not my place to shout about it regardless of how much I’ve wanted to.  The club want to get it done their way and then it will be officially opened and I dare say some internal camera stuff from Olly. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

It makes no sense to me.
    It’s not my place to shout about it regardless of how much I’ve wanted to.  The club want to get it done their way and then it will be officially opened and I dare say some internal camera stuff from Olly. 

It does seem to be the way Sandgaard works. Get the work finished and then announce it. He might ease a few fans’ nerves if he dripped out little updates mind. 
  • Options
    As Valley Gold had contributed financially towards the redevelopment it would have been decent for the club to have kept the fans informed
  • Options
    Is there any date when we’ll know if Cat 1 status has been achieved? Can you you bring awarded Cat 1 mid season? TIA
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    Fair play to Thomas and valley gold. Looks a far dry from when I last visited the training ground. 
  • Options
    My guess is that the new CEO is trying to communicate more and share more good news stories.

Also in this case, the work hasn't finished yet and we haven't yet got Cat 1 status so maybe the hope was to shout about it when those two things had happened but it was decided that some positive news would be a good thing.
  • Options
    Where’s the helicopter pad? 🤔
  • Options
    I imagine we'll get more of an in depth feature when the work is finished and the players are back training there.
  • Options
    How much would it cost Thomas to buy the training ground from Roland? 
  • Options
    How much would it cost Thomas to buy the training ground from Roland? 
    RD wants £44m for SL and the Valley combined.

No idea how he breaks that down between the two is his warped mind or if he'd accept an offer for just one of the two. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So where is the new entrance they mentioned?
    I believe it is at the top end of the training ground through the same way CACT staff enter the CACT site. Might be wrong but believe it to be that. 
  • Options
    Valley Gold
    ”We knew that the facilities needed to be improved for that so we have been able to give £163,000 towards improving the facilities for the academy over there which we are pleased with.”

as covered end points out , why on earth wouldn’t they show off or promote what they’re doing down there  , when the video is quite a bit virtual anyway .
    Share the good news 
    It’s out now so FairPlay they prolly wanted to see some actual work rather than talk. 

• Options
    That is a million times better than what we had, fair play to TS for investing the money on something he doesn't actually own.

A question though, i assume he would have had to get RD's permission to do all those improvements, given that it's RD who owns it?
  • Options
    Valley Gold
    ”We knew that the facilities needed to be improved for that so we have been able to give £163,000 towards improving the facilities for the academy over there which we are pleased with.”

as covered end points out , why on earth wouldn’t they show off or promote what they’re doing down there  , when the video is quite a bit virtual anyway .
    Share the good news 
    It’s out now so FairPlay they prolly wanted to see some actual work rather than talk. 

What is this word “prolly” of which you speak?
  • Options
    That is a million times better than what we had, fair play to TS for investing the money on something he doesn't actually own.

A question though, i assume he would have had to get RD's permission to do all those improvements, given that it's RD who owns it?
    In answer to your question; It would depend on what the lease TS has says but it is almost certain that, yes, he would need RDs permission as that is a pretty standard clause for major works in a commercial lease.

Elsewhere in this thread, someone said asked if it would increase the price RD would ask for.  It may do as RD is irrational but assuming his wild valuations are based on some unlikely resi planning permissions then these works should have no impact.  The fact you can also take them down and move them also means he does not get a lot more bargaining power over our stickiness to the site.

My view is that the videos look superb, it is clearly a huge improvement and real money spent by TS so well done to him.  No fan can be upset by this.

Plus a correction on those now saying why was news not given earlier, we knew they had bought units as they told us, we knew they were much much better than portacabins despite being temporary buildings as they told us and we knew they were going for CAT1 so work was under way as they told us.  It looks a lot better than what I expected tbf but criticism of communication by TS seems churlish to the extreme to me.
    I'm not sure it's criticism at the lack of communication (it certainly wasn't by me). More that during a time where he was facing arguably more criticism than ever before, he could have taken the opportunity for some better news. Admittedly, there would no doubt have been comments about signing a manager or players instead, but those comments arrived regardless. I was surprised it hasn't been mentioned more, but certainly wasn't a criticism.