Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training Ground

Comments

• Options
    Rumours of a new trench?
    Cat 1 trench of course.
  • Options
    Waiting for my invite from Ron Dangerfield to visit
  • Options
    I think this is where Sandgaard could help himself. He has faced a lot of criticism over the last few months. If he is making improvements to the training ground despite not owning it then show it off! Not going to hurt his reputation that's for sure. 
  • Options
    I think this is where Sandgaard could help himself. He has faced a lot of criticism over the last few months. If he is making improvements to the training ground despite not owning it then show it off! Not going to hurt his reputation that's for sure. 
    I agree, but then surely some would then accuse him of 'showing it off' blah blah and twist it?
    Possibly. I just think we've seen very little news of any improvements being made at SL. If I were Sandgaard I would have wanted to have made it more public to shut a few up. Of course he may just not care he's getting ripped into by a minority. 
  • Options
    I agree, but then surely some would then accuse him of 'showing it off' blah blah and twist it?
    Agree.

Has already been slagged off on here as portacabins and not doing it properly.

Sure it will be seen once the players return or when/if we get Cat 1
  • Options
    Would be nice to show it off when announcing elevation to Cat 1 status. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I think we should ask those nice people at Millwall if we could share their lovely new facility in West Kingsdown, if we were very quiet and didn't make a fuss. We would probably take some of the sting of the Millwall menace with the council planning application. We could then tell uncle RD to go boil his head. Everyones a winner. Plus we could wheel our new Portacabins over into Kent,  and really piss Gillingham off.
  • Options
    Someone made a remark about burger boy screwing up during the Cat 1 check.  Is there anything in that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    Redrobo said:
    Glad glad to hear improvements made to SL
    However as TS doesn't own that or the ground won't that increase the sale value for the idiot that still,owns it?
    I believe the new buildings can be dismantled?
    If we are renting the grounds I would assume that the owner is responsible for its upkeep and improvements are discussed, agreed and adjustments made to the contract to reflect that.
    TS is not the type to throw money away.
    The buildings CAN be dismantled and moved in the event we ever moved the training ground but this is not the plan.  Thomas has invested several million pounds at the Training Ground but not with a view to making it more valuable to Roland

I m sure there will be further announcements soon as it will be in the spotlight once pre season kicks into action

I am sure the players will enjoy the new surroundings as will the staff there - it looks very swanky indeed - well at least it did when I saw it 4 or 5 weeks ago.
    That cannot be right mate everyone knows the bloke is skint and trying to do everything on the cheap !!!

Another piece of good news that seems to go unnoticed and is ignored by the TS out mob 
    That's my point, it hasn't really been shared has it? Harsh to have a pop at the "TS out mob" when nobody really knew. I've had my doubts about Sandgaard but things like this are really positive. 
  • Options
    Almost feels mental what we had before when you see this!
  • Options
    Certainly backs up Swisdom's comment 
  • Options
    Certainly backs up Swisdom's comment 
    What would @Swisdom now about it?

😀
  • Options
    I was interested to hear Olly talk about the improvement works that have been going on at Sparrows Lane recently.

@Ollywozere any chance of a behind the scenes tour (vid or photos) for the website?

Blimey @Ollywozere !!!

For tomorrow please can we have a new striker.
    Unfortunately not... Looks like the Comms team have wasted the transfer budget.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My word that looks all spruced up and posh. Bit of money being spent there I reckon.
  • Options
    So where is the new entrance they mentioned?
  • Options
    Best thing I have seen since he has taken over IMO. Proper progress there.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Redrobo said:
    Glad glad to hear improvements made to SL
    However as TS doesn't own that or the ground won't that increase the sale value for the idiot that still,owns it?
    I believe the new buildings can be dismantled?
    If we are renting the grounds I would assume that the owner is responsible for its upkeep and improvements are discussed, agreed and adjustments made to the contract to reflect that.
    TS is not the type to throw money away.
    The buildings CAN be dismantled and moved in the event we ever moved the training ground but this is not the plan.  Thomas has invested several million pounds at the Training Ground but not with a view to making it more valuable to Roland

I m sure there will be further announcements soon as it will be in the spotlight once pre season kicks into action

I am sure the players will enjoy the new surroundings as will the staff there - it looks very swanky indeed - well at least it did when I saw it 4 or 5 weeks ago.
    I wonder if there’s a plan to buy it and The Valley back short or long-term?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    It’s been soooo frustrating knowing this has been going on but not being able to say much about it. It really does look awesome and Thomas has definitely put his money where his mouth is! 

Perhaps you can now see my frustrations at those who bemoaned us getting in some “Portacabins”

id also like to say I’m incredibly proud of my father and his staff who have worked so diligently on this for months now.  This is another hugely proud moment for my family for the club we love
    Well done all involved 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    It’s been soooo frustrating knowing this has been going on but not being able to say much about it. It really does look awesome and Thomas has definitely put his money where his mouth is! 

Perhaps you can now see my frustrations at those who bemoaned us getting in some “Portacabins”

id also like to say I’m incredibly proud of my father and his staff who have worked so diligently on this for months now.  This is another hugely proud moment for my family for the club we love
    It looks great.  Well done to all concerned. Any idea how much this has cost Thomas ?