Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Options
    for all those saying bin him, who's gonna pay up his contract.

he looked gutted walking behind the goal, gotta feel for the fella - but as said above, every injury he gets he comes back a bit less of a player....it must be on his mind every time he breaks into anything more than a jog.

great player when fit, trouble is....he never is
    The  surely he should be doing more than most to make sure he us 110% ready when called upon. Be that physical or mental....or both. 

To pull a hamstring 2 minutes after you've come on is just not professional. And he was not Michael Owen sprinting at 100 miles an hour chasing a long ball over the top. 
    Sounds like there is a both a physical and mental problem. 
  • Options

he looked gutted walking behind the goal, gotta feel for the fella - but as said above, every injury he gets he comes back a bit less of a player....it must be on his mind every time he breaks into anything more than a jog.

The  surely he should be doing more than most to make sure he us 110% ready when called upon. Be that physical or mental....or both. 

To pull a hamstring 2 minutes after you've come on is just not professional. And he was not Michael Owen sprinting at 100 miles an hour chasing a long ball over the top. 
    Couldn't agree more with this. 

I'd also have questions for whichever coach it was that was taking the half time warm ups etc as surely part of the job should be observing the players making sure that they are ready when needed, pushing them and reporting any issues back to the manager. Is this happening in training as well?? No wonder he can't play more than 20 minutes without being knackered if so.

Maybe a part of these "cultural" issues BG spoke of?
  • Options

Not professional from him, and not professional from everyone involved in "preparing" players for a match and for coming on as a sub. Good grief, they should have been paying extra attention to him at half time, with Miles already on a yellow. WTF?

BTW I haven't seen that physio before who was coming onto the field to assess his and other injuries. Am I right? Could be over-reaching on this but on camera they didn't look terribly self-confident. 

Didn't help that I was watching with a Swedish commentary. I don't speak Swedish, obvs, but I understood well enough when he ran through  the injury list. Claydon. Clare. DJ - he's just recovered FFS. 

As well as O'Connell, supposedly not so bad as first feared and back before Christmas.Where is he, then? WTF? And Thomas. What exactly his injury, when is he due back? 

It doesn't matter who we have as manager, nobody can get anywhere unless this shambles is properly addressed.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    The Charlton bench should have been well aware of what stretching and warm up Chuks had been doing prior to entering the field of play. If it was minimal then he should have been sent out to the touch line to do exactly that. Complete amateur hour by the Charlton manager, coach, physio and Chuks. Unforgivable ineptitude for both the club and player. We won’t see him again this season and I’ve no reason to suppose next close season or season will be any different. Tragic for Chuks who seems like a very good character and very disappointing for us. Bottom line is we can’t afford to have a player like Chuks on the books. 
  • Options
    The Charlton bench should have been well aware of what stretching and warm up Chuks had been doing prior to entering the field of play. If it was minimal then he should have been sent out to the touch line to do exactly that. Complete amateur hour by the Charlton manager, coach, physio and Chuks. Unforgivable ineptitude for both the club and player. We won’t see him again this season and I’ve no reason to suppose next close season or season will be any different. Tragic for Chuks who seems like a very good character and very disappointing for us. Bottom line is we can’t afford to have a player like Chuks on the books. 
    The player has to take responsibility for warming up. He is 29 not 18 and has been playing pro football for well over a decade and will know, more than most given his injury history, what he has to do to be fit to enter the field of play. The manager, coach and physio have enough to do keeping an eye on what is going on the pitch without having to watch Aneke.  
  • Options
    Feel for the guy. Think he was in tears when he was walking back round. Would be at least high level Championship footballer if it wasn’t for his injury problems. Must be mentally destroying for him.
  • Options
    The player has to take responsibility for warming up. He is 29 not 18 and has been playing pro football for well over a decade and will know, more than most given his injury history, what he has to do to be fit to enter the field of play. The manager, coach and physio have enough to do keeping an eye on what is going on the pitch without having to watch Aneke.  
    He does but not sole responsibility. If the bench were not aware he wasn’t ready to enter the game then that’s negligent. . 
  • Options
    He does but not sole responsibility. If the bench were not aware he wasn’t ready to enter the game then that’s negligent. . 
    Especially given his injury record, and the fact that he had hardly recovered from the previous layoff, it is staggeringly negligent.

I ask again, was that physio on the field someone new? Have there been firings in recent weeks in the medical and fitness department?
  • Options
    The injury happened in front of us and I didn't notice anything abnormal in the treatment to be honest. It was obvious as soon as he went down that there was a problem, not least because the nearest Brighton player looked really concerned. I guess professional footballers know when it is bad. There was no running it off, and that was that. The warm up was on the other side so no knowledge of that. Don't really know the physios by face so dunno if they were new; nor who monitors the training at HT to see who is or isn't making an effort. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the last few home matches I have watched Chucks doing his pre match warm up exercises.

He usually stands on his own just doing “keepy uppies”.
    He doesn’t do any sprints, any stretches or anything physical.
    He simply juggles a football.

It is no wonder that he gets injured so often.
  • Options
    For the last few home matches I have watched Chucks doing his pre match warm up exercises.

I noticed the same. In the warm up he does every exercise at half the intensity and half the speed of the rest. I assumed he must do special conditioning in the changing room as it seems so deliberate.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

did you see him Saturday at HT? He tried to juggle it and do that thing where it flicks up and lands between the shoulders and his head, but he couldn't do it so he just picked the ball up and put it there by hand - we had a good laugh at that (we were 1 up at the time so we were in good spirits!)
  • Options

I noticed the same. In the warm up he does every exercise at half the intensity and half the speed of the rest. I assumed he must do special conditioning in the changing room as it seems so deliberate.
    I think this is exactly right and that his game preparation is very specifically tailored to his individual fitness issues and injury risk. It is inconceivable for me that with someone with his injury record he wouldn’t have put in place by the medical team a regime of how he needs to prepare for games. That of course does not mean that he won’t still get injured as evidence over time suggests he has a far greater vulnerability to doing so than most other professional footballers.
  • Options
    Pulling up that soon after coming on is simply a failure to warm up adequately and ultimately the responsibility is his own, as others have highlighted he's 29 not 17.
    the scan shows there's nothing wrong with the muscle but Chuks is still "feeling it"
    I'm gonna be generous: he might be so broken mentally by his miserable fitness record that the 'pain' is psychosomatic
    Or he's actually robbing a living, which chimes better with the failure to warm up
    The transfer fee paid to brum ain't his fault but most of what follows has to be, any notion of bad luck sailed long ago
  • Options
    I've given up on Chuks, can't rely on him at all - a bonus if he plays the odd 30 mins here and there, but he might as well not be here
  • Options
    Fuccing all wrong with him sick note
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    cazo said:
    Fuccing all wrong with him sick note
    Absolutely noone up for proper doing something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    When he warms up be barely breaks into a trot, I’m not surprised he pulls something every time he tries to sprint. If he was a horse he’d have been taken to the glue factory yonks ago!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Substituted from the bench today, maybe he was more intense in the warm up. 
  • Options
    Dear me!
  • Options
    Shouldn’t have to pay it up, he’s shirking. 
    Give him a written warning and follow it up with the boot next week. Absolute fucking waste of everybody's time and energy…
  • Options
    Embarrassing 
  • Options
    Embarrassing 
    Why? 

There are two sides to every story. Maybe he thought he was okay but didn't feel right in the warm ups? Surely caution is a more sensible approach than risking him?
  • Options
    Refuse to believe that Sandgaard signed this fella to a 3.5 year deal!
    If he did and there's no appearance clause in it then he's more stoopid than we give him credit for.
  • Options
    Refuse to believe that Sandgaard signed this fella to a 3.5 year deal!
    If he did and there's no appearance clause in it then he's more stoopid than we give him credit for.
    He paid 6 figures for Kirk and Lavelle 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!