Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Options
    It’s obviously a shame as we see that rare occasion when he pulls off absolutely ridiculous stuff on a football pitch. 

But considering he couldn’t even make it through a pre season where his minutes were managed more than anyone else, alongside his previous injury history, the red flags were always there - lots of people just didn’t want to see them. 

The worst thing for me now is his general lack of fitness. So in the games where he has been able to play it feels like he has 10-15 minutes in him at most.

• Options
    Yep. Times Up Chuks. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    2.5 years left on his contract, he's probably on the books until summer 2025. Good luck to the club shifting that onto someone else.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    He’s not even as great as many make out when he’s fit.  We’ve got a real problem now because I can’t imagine TS wanting to pay up his contract, and he’s contracted for another 2 and a half years.  He can literally only play 20 minutes a season.  Utter madness

• Options
    2.5 years left on his contract. Good luck to the club shifting that onto someone else.
    I’m not too sure how far away Chuks can actually be from calling professional football a day and picking up the insurance money. Odds on we won’t see him again this season and then what ? Another cotton wool pre season and around it goes. 
  • Options
    The first footballer to have a job because of the disabilities discrimination act.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Poor Aneke, I feel really sorry for him.
    He's done okay out of Charlton.
    I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive. As a club it doesn’t look like we have got value for money out of him, and for the player it is quite sad that injury looks like he won’t achieve anywhere near the potential of his talent.
    What is his talent exactly? Playing 20 minutes of football every 3 months then lying in bed with a sore back for months.  Waste of space, get shot 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ads said:
    Solidgone said:
    I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive. As a club it doesn’t look like we have got value for money out of him, and for the player it is quite sad that injury looks like he won’t achieve anywhere near the potential of his talent.
    What is his talent exactly? Playing 20 minutes of football every 3 months then lying in bed with a sore back for months.  Waste of space, get shot 
    I must have dreamt up the goals he scored when he was playing then
  • Options
    ads said:
    Solidgone said:
    Bargain, the odd goal for a forward taking up a squad position, expensive cameos. 
  • Options
    Feel sorry for the bloke, it must be grim in his situation. But it's grim for us as a cash strapped club too, though our own fault for committing so many resources to signing him and paying him, and it's not as if we didn't know.
    He doesn't return FROM injury, he returns TO it.
  • Options
    ads said:
    ads said:
    Solidgone said:
    Bargain, the odd goal for a forward taking up a squad position, expensive cameos. 
    For free I disagree. It was paying a fee that was ludicrous 
  • Options
    ads said:
    ads said:
    Solidgone said:
    The point I was making in my original post that you quoted is that while it is sad for us as fans that we have not got value from the player it is Alexis sad for him that his career has gone down this path. Or do you think he is deliberately getting injured just to piss us off?

• Options
    Well at least we haven’t had this debate before…
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Well at least we haven’t had this debate before…
    But there’s much more evidence to inform people’s decisions now.

Will be interesting to hear those who were ‘pro Aneke’ (I use that term for lack of a better one) have changed their minds now?
  • Options
    ads said:
    ads said:
    Solidgone said:
    The point I was making in my original post that you quoted is that while it is sad for us as fans that we have not got value from the player it is Alexis sad for him that his career has gone down this path. Or do you think he is deliberately getting injured just to piss us off?

No, but it's gone beyond a joke now, he comes for 1 minute and falls over injured, 60+ players are more match fit than him. Glassback, are we a charity case case financing the worse forward line in the league? It seems like it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ads said:
    ads said:
    ads said:
    Solidgone said:

No, but it's gone beyond a joke now, he comes for 1 minute and falls over injured, 60+ players are more match fit than him. Glassback, are we a charity case case financing the worse forward line in the league? It seems like it 
    Why on earth did we sign a player we knew was so injury prone and unfit? 
  • Options
    ads said:
    ads said:
    ads said:
    Solidgone said:

Considering Stockley has one goal in open play all season and is very much the proverbial donkey, I wouldn’t hesitate in playing Leaburn up top now once he gets match fit.  It would be a big ask of him, but Aneke and Stockley are absolutely useless for different reasons 
  • Options
    Don’t think we will see Chucks again. 
  • Options
    I don't believe bad luck comes into it on this occasion - Considering how injury prone he is (and he knows it) it was absolutely criminal, negligent and borderline gross misconduct for him to to not adequately warm up to come on tonight. I think it highlights his general attitude to fitness and staying injury free is not up to professional standards.
    Did he actually warm up before he came on tonight? Mate said he clearly hadnt. I didn't notice.
  • Options
    Peter Kay offered him his crutches when we bumped in to him in car park 🙄
    7 kids Oohaah? Don't know where you get the time given that you spend so long on the bog!
  • Options
    Eldest made his debut in covered end without me and with his mates and a nephew and mates son

so scouser , gooner and  5 Addicks 
  • Options
    Don’t think we will see Chucks again. 
    How comes? You taken the bill to pay for the rest of his contract mate?!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!