Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?
    Well, i know for certain we are after a cdm - i know who it is and i know he is our number 1 target in that position as does he and i know it will be a loan and he is at a premier league club - i don't think it is appropriate for me to name him - this isn't really a rumour, its a fact bur hopefully useful to those interested anyway. 
    Can you just say if it is a younger player or experienced pro? 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?
    Well, i know for certain we are after a cdm - i know who it is and i know he is our number 1 target in that position as does he and i know it will be a loan and he is at a premier league club - i don't think it is appropriate for me to name him - this isn't really a rumour, its a fact bur hopefully useful to those interested anyway. 
    Guessing who it is from your previous posts but I would guess he would an automatic first choice.  That could be intresting who makes way. 
  • Options
    Who is it then, or a clue like what colour his parent club plays in?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?
    Guessing who it is from your previous posts but I would guess he would an automatic first choice.  That could be intresting who makes way. 
    Lewis Bate?
  • Options
    Or Lewis Baker
  • Options
    Paul Pogba
  • Options
    Paul Pogba
    Ideal, he is out for another month with an injury  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?
    Really don’t see the point of Premier League loans at this point, particularly as our supposed number one target in a key position. 

Hopefully we get a few days permanents to balance it out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?
    Really don’t see the point of Premier League loans at this point, particularly as our supposed number one target in a key position. 

Me either but permanent signings are expensive in January. Really can't see the point in bringing in a CDM though - pretty much the only position where we're completely covered.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?

Me either but permanent signings are expensive in January. Really can't see the point in bringing in a CDM though - pretty much the only position where we're completely covered.
    We have Ben Dempsey who we gave a one year extension to, but couldn't play due to squad number rules!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?

With whom?

The only premier league youngster type loan I would be intrested in would be a first loan who might not be quite ready now.  In the same way desilva wasn't.  With the view of them coming back next year.  Or one that's going to be released and we have a realistic chance of signing permanently. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?

Are we? Loads of people saying we don't have any cover for Dobson. We're no more covered at CDM then we are at GK, RWB, LWB, CB or CM. We were before Arter went I agree, but now he's gone we're not. 
  • Options
    Depends on where JJ sees Clare playing long term as to whether we need another CDM or another CB
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Depends on where JJ sees Clare playing long term as to whether we need another CDM or another CB
    Clare is not a CDM either way. I see him more as the competition for Gilbey. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    But we're using him as a defender right now, so I'm fairly sure he's defensively minded, and defensively capable. JFC will be the Gilbey competition. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    But we're using him as a defender right now, so I'm fairly sure he's defensively minded, and defensively capable. JFC will be the Gilbey competition. 
    MacGillivray is defensively minded but I doubt we'll see him as a CDM. In terms of box to box, bit of physical presence and occasionally running with the ball, Clare is a lot more similar to Gilbey than JFC. I think JFC is more suited to the DM role personally. Doesn't run round like Dobson, but could be effective as a deep lying playmaker. 

Either way, I think we need 7 CM's. Dobson, Gilbey, Lee, JFC and Clare are 5 of them, we need another Dobson and another Lee. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    MacGillivray is defensively minded but I doubt we'll see him as a CDM. In terms of box to box, bit of physical presence and occasionally running with the ball, Clare is a lot more similar to Gilbey than JFC. I think JFC is more suited to the DM role personally. Doesn't run round like Dobson, but could be effective as a deep lying playmaker. 

Either way, I think we need 7 CM's. Dobson, Gilbey, Lee, JFC and Clare are 5 of them, we need another Dobson and another Lee. 
    And at least 1 of the seven that can take a set piece and score the odd goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at the table we do need to be careful not to get sucked back in a relegation fight. The 6 points cushion can easily evaporate

Realistically, reaching the playoffs won't happen. Even to get to 7th we'd have to overtaken MK Dons, Pompey, Wednesday and Ipswich
  • Options
    995632 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?
    Can you just say if it is a younger player or experienced pro? 
    young 
  • Options
    Wasn't there talk of a familiar face returning? I wonder if that CDM might once have moved north from Charlton. Might just know Jacko too. 
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:
    Wasn't there talk of a familiar face returning? I wonder if that CDM might once have moved north from Charlton. Might just know Jacko too. 
    stephens ? 
  • Options
    Just a hunch; I'm not remotely in the know.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:
    Just a hunch; I'm not remotely in the know.
    No chance of Stephens returning. He started in the Cup for Burnley tonight. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Not a rumour just a random thought , do you think Jacko could talk Tony Watt back ? If so would we even want him or am I just being completely unrealistic 
    You OK fella?
    He was shyte first time round!  🤨
  • Options
    This is getting very confusing and weird..two threads with the same target of rumours..god it is hard enough as the month progresses keeping up with one let alone two rumours threads... ;)
    But only here you can you have a pointless argument about whether Stockley is a striker, a forward, a centre forward, an attacker or a front man unless @addick1956 is trolling on there as well.
    He’s actually a target man. 😏
  • Options
    This is getting very confusing and weird..two threads with the same target of rumours..god it is hard enough as the month progresses keeping up with one let alone two rumours threads... ;)
    But only here you can you have a pointless argument about whether Stockley is a striker, a forward, a centre forward, an attacker or a front man unless @addick1956 is trolling on there as well.
    He’s actually a target man. 😏
     Jesus. I said I don't  like  the word striker. I still don't.  If Stockley is a target man how come we miss him a lot. I grew up in the 50's so to me striker is a term used by those who understand simply terms only. I just don't  like the term.
    I agree.
    Goalkeeper.
    Defender.
    Midfielder.
    Forward.

All this 4-1-2-1-2 etc stuff is nonsense. It is only used to explain to the thickest of players where they should actually be and what they should do. It is not a game of chess. It is a simple game.