Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    I would not send Morgan out on loan unless JFC is definitely close to playing as I see him as cover for Lee. 
    The free role in midfield and with considerably less defensive duties than has been required to date in his games with us could be good.
    You mean the role he played in the first 4 games of this season?  That everyone said was part of the problem? 
    Morgan was given a free role?
    I think many thought the problem was that the three up front contributed very little to defending, leaving the three in the middle stretched and unable to cope. All I saw was three midfielders running around trying to fill the gaps as the opposition flooded through.
    Dobson was being given stick and not thought to be good enough in an impossible situation. Now he has an achievable role he is excelling. 
    I think Morgan could set up others, although my concern with both Lee and Morgan is the lack of goals. I think it is reasonable to expect an attacking midfielder not playing in a three to score about 10 goals a season. I think JFC would, hence only if.
    If not free certainly the most advanced of the 3.

The problem in the 1st 4 games was we had 13 senior players, no left back, a half fit center half and a few players that weren't good enough.  One of which was Morgan. We also happened to play 4 of the best teams in the division.

If you still think Morgan is the answer to our problems this season I would suggest your probably asking the wrong questions. 
    “The most advanced of the 3”, a three that was being totally overwhelmed. Hmmm 🤔. You will have to explain how that works!

At no point have I suggested that he is the answer our problems this season or any other season before or in the future. 
    As he does not take a place from the squad I think there are more important weaknesses to be addressed and he could play a part if Lee gets injured before JFC is fit.
  • This is getting very confusing and weird..two threads with the same target of rumours..god it is hard enough as the month progresses keeping up with one let alone two rumours threads... ;)
    If you stick to one thread only, and see nobody decent linked to us, at least you have the comfort that maybe the exciting transfer gossip is actually on the other thread  ;)
  • DOUCHER said:
    a striker or 2 has to be the priority but i'm certain we will also be trying for a holding midfielder as back up to Dobson 
    Oh good! I hope they're 33, violent and can't pass a ball five yards 
  • DOUCHER said:
    a striker or 2 has to be the priority but i'm certain we will also be trying for a holding midfielder as back up to Dobson 
    I think a goal scoring midfielder was the priority.
  • Leuth said:
    DOUCHER said:
    nope, quite the opposite 
  • DOUCHER said:
    I think a goal scoring midfielder was the priority.
    i don't know the stated priority but i know we are going for a cdm 
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    I would not send Morgan out on loan unless JFC is definitely close to playing as I see him as cover for Lee. 
    The free role in midfield and with considerably less defensive duties than has been required to date in his games with us could be good.
    You mean the role he played in the first 4 games of this season?  That everyone said was part of the problem? 
    I think many thought the problem was that the three up front contributed very little to defending, leaving the three in the middle stretched and unable to cope. All I saw was three midfielders running around trying to fill the gaps as the opposition flooded through.
    Dobson was being given stick and not thought to be good enough in an impossible situation. Now he has an achievable role he is excelling. 
    I think Morgan could set up others, although my concern with both Lee and Morgan is the lack of goals. I think it is reasonable to expect an attacking midfielder not playing in a three to score about 10 goals a season. I think JFC would, hence only if.

The problem in the 1st 4 games was we had 13 senior players, no left back, a half fit center half and a few players that weren't good enough.  One of which was Morgan. We also happened to play 4 of the best teams in the division.

If you still think Morgan is the answer to our problems this season I would suggest your probably asking the wrong questions. 
    “The most advanced of the 3”, a three that was being totally overwhelmed. Hmmm 🤔. You will have to explain how that works!

At no point have I suggested that he is the answer our problems this season or any other season before or in the future. 
    As he does not take a place from the squad I think there are more important weaknesses to be addressed and he could play a part if Lee gets injured before JFC is fit.
    I take it you missed the first 4 games of Stockley screaming at him to get forward to where he was ment to be?  Or him lashing the ball anywhere but at the goal.

He could play a part = an answer to a problem doesn't it?  So you have just suggested it. 

There is no problem that Morgan will successfully be the answer to, not this season anyway. 
  • This is getting very confusing and weird..two threads with the same target of rumours..god it is hard enough as the month progresses keeping up with one let alone two rumours threads... ;)
    But only here you can you have a pointless argument about whether Stockley is a striker, a forward, a centre forward, an attacker or a front man unless @addick1956 is trolling on there as well.
    If you stick to one thread only, and see nobody decent linked to us, at least you have the comfort that maybe the exciting transfer gossip is actually on the other thread  ;)
    Ah, if at first you don't succeed....give up and join the foreign legion...bahh.. B)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

I take it you missed the first 4 games of Stockley screaming at him to get forward to where he was ment to be?  Or him lashing the ball anywhere but at the goal.

He could play a part = an answer to a problem doesn't it?  So you have just suggested it. 

There is no problem that Morgan will successfully be the answer to, not this season anyway. 
    Hmm, so we only had three midfielders and you understood that one of those was meant to have been playing just behind Stockley in some sort of bizarre 4-2-4. 

No wonder Adkins failed.

Glad you agree about his inability to score goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

Hmm, so we only had three midfielders and you understood that one of those was meant to have been playing just behind Stockley in some sort of bizarre 4-2-4. 

No wonder Adkins failed.

Glad you agree about his inability to score goals.
    It's called a 4231 as you know full well.  We played it in almost all of our preseason games, at Fulham we played a 433 with Morgan and Clare either side of Dobson.  

Yes Adkins failed purely on a formation that half the clubs in the country play.  Bizarre take. 

But only here you can you have a pointless argument about whether Stockley is a striker, a forward, a centre forward, an attacker or a front man unless @addick1956 is trolling on there as well.
    I think he is a meat flavoured popsicle.
  • Oggy Red said:
    We still need another goal scoring football ( hate the term striker). More so with Stockley's injury.
    What's wrong with the term "striker". Thats what they are. They are in the team to score goals. 

So therefore by your definition anyone who scores is a striker. That is one reason why it is a wide term applicable to anyone who scores. It is a juvenile term for kids.
     Centre Forward for me is a better term. Might as well call a CB an Anti Striker because  they are thatvin effect. We still have wingers , full backs etc. Inside forwards and half backs are midfield players. Striker is a crap term compared to the others.
    If you play 2 strikers, which one is the centre forward?

number 9
    We usually have a general transfer window thread and a Charlton only thread.
  • Leuth said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Pratley has already moved on. :smile:

• Why can’t we just revert to what we normal so and have one thread for Charlton rumours and for no. Charlton rumours 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Why can’t we just revert to what we normal so and have one thread for Charlton rumours and for no. Charlton rumours 
    Cos that's not normally what happens there always ends up being two threads one for Charlton and one for other football. 
  • I week down. 3 and a bit left to go. 

• Sponsored links:

• More optimism on the other thread. 
  • Err, any rumours…….?
  • As we are talking about ex players all the time… how about Josh Magennis? Linked to Wigan recently.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Err, any rumours…….?
    Well, i know for certain we are after a cdm - i know who it is and i know he is our number 1 target in that position as does he and i know it will be a loan and he is at a premier league club - i don't think it is appropriate for me to name him - this isn't really a rumour, its a fact bur hopefully useful to those interested anyway. 
     Now you just stop that at once ! 

Coming on here with your facts like you're some sort of lah di dah - this is a rumour thread. 
    i know, sorry, was thinking of opening up a third transfer thread but 2 is 1 too many already  :)
  • Whenever I see we have signed someone, I always assume it is for the women's team
  • Whenever I see we have signed someone, I always assume it is for the women's team
    Although maybe not if they're called David or Nigel