Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | Saturday 1st Jan 2022

Comments

1. 4'

Post update

Foul by Garath McCleary (Wycombe Wanderers).

2. 4'

Post update

George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

1. 6'

Post update

Brandon Hanlan (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Just parked up and walking to the ground. Not seen a Charlton fan yet! 
     My Lad said it is busy down there.

• 7: A fast start from Wycombe, looking to catch the Addicks cold after two weeks without a game, but there's no way through so far.
  • edited January 2022
    Chunes said:
    New Years Day games always remind me of West Ham at home many years ago. My old man took us down The Valley at 9:30am because he said it kicked off at 12. Turned out it actually kicked off at 3pm. So we sat in Bartram's for about 4 hours, bored out of our minds, until they called the game off at 2:45pm for a waterlogged pitch. 
    Reminds me of the Ipswich game years back, as I went straight to work still drunk on the turnstiles from a NYE night out.

Never been so hungover as I was after the game.
    1. 7'

Post update

Foul by Anis Mehmeti (Wycombe Wanderers).

2. 7'

Post update

Sean Clare (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Wycombe setting their stall out early...foul if you can't win the ball, and this ref needs to be on the ball with this lot, 50/50 possession so far first 10 minutes

1. 8'

Post update

Foul by Jack Grimmer (Wycombe Wanderers).

2. 8'

Post update

Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Croydon said:
    Not a lot of us here

I can't be the only one feeling a little bit ashamed. 
  • Sponsored links:

1. 10'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Elliot Lee tries a through ball, but Jason Pearce is caught offside.

• Eeesh... Thank god for Big Mac
  • Atmosphere is awful. Come on people. Lets sing. 
  • 13' A quiet start at The Valley. Former Addick Hanlan nearly nips in to round MacGillivray, but the stopper halts him well. #cafc 0 #wwfc 0
  • 13: Chance! Vokes wins a header and flicks on superbly for Hanlan, who holds off his marker but can't steer the ball round the keeper, who gathers the ball well.
  • Christ the TV Director and bloke on the camera have a massive hangover each - The coverage has just been random at times
  • Mac saved us there after Akin tried to be smart in our box, Hanlon nearly made us pay
    1. 13'

Post update

Foul by George Dobson (Charlton Athletic).

2. 13'

Post update

Josh Scowen (Wycombe Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• 14' Charlton break through Gilbey, who looks to thread a neat pass to Washington in the box, but Forino-Joseph makes a vital interception. #cafc 0 #wwfc 0
  • Fairly turgid stuff lots of fouls and free kicks...but almost a goal at either end defensive mix up but Charlton goaliekept them out of it and then a great break away by us and good defending by them to block the cross.
  • Sponsored links:

• 14: Vital interception from Forino to turn away George Dobson's dangerous low cross, with Conor Washington poised to meet it six yards out.
  • More free kicks 
  • SSN: Morrison says Charlton are on top
  • This ref really needs to man up to these Wycombe lot, and needs to get the yellow card out soon, another foul on Gilbey when free on the right goes unpunished
    1. 17'

Post update

Foul by Josh Scowen (Wycombe Wanderers).

2. 17'

Post update

Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• 19' Elliot Lee lets fly from distance, but his effort is well blocked. #cafc 0 #wwfc 0
  • I don't know what our lads were up to over Christmas and New Year but there hasn't been a huge amount of movement from the players; the forwards and midfield have been fairly static.

A very slow 21 minutes so far ...
  • Needed a better ball from Washington there
  • edited January 2022
    This ref really needs to man up to these Wycombe lot, and needs to get the yellow card out soon, another foul on Gilbey when free on the right goes unpunished
    He's listened to you... He's booked Clare!!

To be fair thought it was a booking, but cant ignore the Wycombe one
  • 21: There's a yellow card for Charlton's Sean Clare following a foul in the Wycombe half.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!