Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I'm happy but confused.

Are we there yet ? 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I'm happy but confused.

Are we there yet ? 
    Mathematically no but in reality hopefully. Warwickshire have to win to avoid relegation at all and if we draw we will be safe. Even  a decent number of bonus points could see us safe if Warwickshire don't pick up too many bonus points themselves.

Given it's late September a good burst with the dancing shoes might ensure safety if rain interferes with the fixtures and they are all draws.
  • Options
    There is one other possibility to us staying up (and again assuming that Warwickshire do win) and that is that both us and Yorkshire lose (to Gloucestershire) but we pick up one more bonus point than them. Yorkshire would then go down on fewer wins.
  • Options
    Thanks, Len.

Dusting them off as we speak.
  • Options
    Thanks Super Kent.
  • Options
    A great week to support Kent. About time too..............
  • Options
    Happy days…………..nearly 😳🫣😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Day 2 ( next Tues ) in our final match of the season v Somerset, at the Spitfire Ground, has been designated " Stevo Day".

Great opportunity for those not able to be at Trent Bridge to say goodbye to a legend, with tickets reduced to £10 for the day. 

Hope it's a great turn out & that the lads can claim yet another victory to ensure a further season in Div One. 
  • Options
    I think what we want is 4 days of solid rain that covers the whole of England. 

That will do me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 teams in div 1 and less T20. Can't imagine too many teams being keen on less T20 - that's where the money is
  • Options
    we we will be fine - in the bag now 
  • Options
    6 teams in div 1 and less T20. Can't imagine too many teams being keen on less T20 - that's where the money is
    Ok if you are one of the top 6 
  • Options
    Ok if you are one of the top 6 
    Even better if you are a Test hosting County
  • Options
    Well done you Kent boy’s.

Great time to be a supporter, doesn’t happen very often!

• Options
    Just looking at the table shows how dire our position was prior to today. Who'd have thought we'd win this one? And on the back of winning a final. Crazy days, but very happy ones.
  • Options
    A " County Championship match" is being covered by Sky Sports for the 4 days, next Mon- Thurs inclusive.

Any guesses who this might be ? 
  • Options
    A " County Championship match" is being covered by Sky Sports for the 4 days, next Mon- Thurs inclusive.

Any guesses who this might be ? 
    Possibly Warwickshire v Hants as the former has to win to stay up?
  • Options
    Tweeted this morning by Durham. 21 is Ollie Robinson's Kent squad number

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tweeted this morning by Durham. 21 is Ollie Robinson's Kent squad number

This one hurts. Criminal how we have let this happen 
  • Options
    "For now it's goodbye". Assuming that it suits both parties, he'll be back in a few years time I'm sure.
  • Options
    Heard that D B-D is the next that May go, any truth in this. 
  • Options
    I notice that while Cox has got a S African T20 contract, Billings missed out, so with England not choosing him in recent white ball squads, I wonder if his white ball "worth" is starting to wain a bit, and he might miss out on the IPL next year. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I notice that while Cox has got a S African T20 contract, Billings missed out, so with England not choosing him in recent white ball squads, I wonder if his white ball "worth" is starting to wain a bit, and he might miss out on the IPL next year. 

I don't think that Billings will get an IPL contract. He's had five years in total at the IPL and from 27 innings averaging 19.35. Last season he batted 8 times and averaged 24.14 with a top score of 36. That doesn't smack of "sign me". But Cox might get a contract depending on how he does for the Sunrisers franchise in the new SA T20 comp. 

If either does earn a contract then that will leave us with one keeper plus anyone else we might sign in the intervening period.  
  • Options
    CHG said:
    Heard that D B-D is the next that May go, any truth in this. 
    I hadn't heard that and would be surprised if that were to be the case although one never knows who has been whispering in his ear. 
  • Options
    Northants really putting the effort in vs Somerset in their 2nd innings 🤦🏻
  • Options

I don't think that Billings will get an IPL contract. He's had five years in total at the IPL and from 27 innings averaging 19.35. Last season he batted 8 times and averaged 24.14 with a top score of 36. That doesn't smack of "sign me". But Cox might get a contract depending on how he does for the Sunrisers franchise in the new SA T20 comp. 

If either does earn a contract then that will leave us with one keeper plus anyone else we might sign in the intervening period.  
    I can see Billings concentrating more or red ball cricket (other than the 100), if he wants to cement his position as Foakes' deputy, which is another reason for Robinson moving on.
  • Options
    You'd surely rather play a safe Somerset?