Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    The bad news is that Gloucs are 47-4 and still need another 101 runs to beat Warwickshire
    What are the permutations between us and Warwick’s in terms of what results relate to (if you get what I mean) ?
    There are too many at the moment because Somerset and Yorkshire can still go down too. Things will become clearer once their games are finished but it is ridiculous that we have won three matches and yet Yorkshire are above us and have only won one - that's because we've lost more and picked up so few bonus points when we've drawn and lost.
    Surrey thrashing Yorkshire at the moment. 
    Glad to be of help 🤗
  • Options
    The bad news is that Gloucs are 47-4 and still need another 101 runs to beat Warwickshire
    What are the permutations between us and Warwick’s in terms of what results relate to (if you get what I mean) ?
    There are too many at the moment because Somerset and Yorkshire can still go down too. Things will become clearer once their games are finished but it is ridiculous that we have won three matches and yet Yorkshire are above us and have only won one - that's because we've lost more and picked up so few bonus points when we've drawn and lost.
    Glad to be of help 🤗
    Their not hanging about either - 4 overs, 40 runs !!
  • Options
    Glad to be of help 🤗
    About time you lot did something meaningful for us. McKerr scored as many runs in the match as he took wickets - one!!!
  • Options
    Glad to be of help 🤗
    Their not hanging about either - 4 overs, 40 runs !!
    55 for 0
    Only 6 overs needed to win.
  • Options
    Gloucs are 82-4 from 30-4 and needing 66 to win. 
  • Options
    Great that we won well bowled Quinny and Gilchrist in particular and Leaning's century was timely.

Unfortunately Warwickshire are likely to win and go above us by virtue of their 2 batting bonus points in this match.

I'm a Gloucestershire fan for the rest of the day and tomorrow if it goes that far.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Great that we won well bowled Quinny and Gilchrist in particular and Leaning's century was timely.

Unfortunately Warwickshire are likely to win and go above us by virtue of their 2 batting bonus points in this match.

I'm a Gloucestershire fan for the rest of the day and tomorrow if it goes that far.
    I wouldn't be quite so sure about that Len. Dent and Van Buuren have put on 56 so far and Gloucs need just 62 now.
  • Options
    Great win especially considering the absentees as mentioned before. Excellent strength in depth! Two great wins in 6 days! Well done Super Kent!
  • Options
    Gloucs need 30 to win
  • Options
    At tea - 29 to win with 6 wickets still in hand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Warwickshire on the brink of being relegated. You do not let this slip Gloucs
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    So a Gloucester win means Kent vs Somerset will be a dead rubber ?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I think that if Somerset don't beat Northants they might need something to be sure, but Kent will be safe. 
  • Options
    I feckin love these lads ! 

Battlers, no big egos & TEAM players!

So what if our Joe, Zak, Jordan, Bilbo & God are missing  ? We still manage to cobble a very decent side together.

We don't moan about it - just get on & try to get the job done. 

Eat your hearts out, Surrey. 

I'd much rather have our lads than your expensive  squad of privileged players. 

( Sorry, blackpool, canters etc . Just saying it how I see it ) 
    😚😚😚😚
    Lol.

No need to thank those Kent warriors ....xx
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    A Gloucestershire win would leave us 19 points above Warwickshire I believe. If we get no points at all against Somerset and Warwickshire win their last match with 20 points or more (max possible 24) then they can catch us. 

However in reality we SHOULD be safe if Gloucestershire can win since we should get SOME bonus points against Somerset.
  • Options
    terrific all round bowling from Kent .. Jack Leaning had a great match, real Capn's performance, century and two vital 2nd innings wickets .. I reckon we are now safe from relegation .. however who yet knows what format will be used for next season's C C, could be regional , a smaller 1st Division, whatever ..
    and as for a 10 game championship, Sheffield  Shield is a ten game tournament and that hasn't stopped the Aussies putting out very competitive sides .. admittedly they also have a very hot Grade Cricket system
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I think that if Somerset don't beat Northants they might need something to be sure, but Kent will be safe. 
    If Warwickshire beat Hants and pick up maximum points, wouldn't Kent still need a draw against Somerset to be certain of staying up? 
  • Options
    As someone for whom Kent is a second team, I'm happy to see them get another crack at Div 1, no matter if the three divisions of six looms. A hell of a lot of talent in that squad, which, with a decent spinner added to the mix (and I think Qadri has promise) could easily beat anyone
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    If Warwickshire beat Hants and pick up maximum points, wouldn't Kent still need a draw against Somerset to be certain of staying up? 
    Ah maybe. But that is a HUGE if tbf - Hants will be angry. That said, their batting has looked horrible in this game!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Ah maybe. But that is a HUGE if tbf - Hants will be angry. That said, their batting has looked horrible in this game!
    But we beat Hants with 11 players missing. Hants have nothing to fight for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    But we beat Hants with 11 players missing. Hants have nothing to fight for.
    Their pride will have been severely wounded by this and they'll fight like hell to end well. In theory. Get that Prest chap in for one of the two keepers and bury those Bears
  • Options
    The fact Gloucs can win and Kent could STILL go down emphasises how precarious their position was before this round of fixtures. Warks facing a team that hasn't won all season and Kent facing possible champions - they've needed both results to go their way in unlikely fashion and it could still go wrong!
  • Options
    First ball after tea at Bristol is 5 wides :D
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see what sort of wicket Kent prepare next week. We haven't tended to bat or bowl as well as the opposition on roads!
  • Options
    Van Buuren out LBW with 21 still needed
  • Options
    A superb stand of 97 though with Dent
  • Options
    BOLLOCKS!!!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    BOLLOCKS!!!
    Great to have you back Len and in good form.
  • Options
    A superb stand of 97 though with Dent
    Gloucestershire card 2nd innings is shocking though - apart from Dent and van Buuren, it’s 7, 5, 0, 0 !!
  • Options
    Idiot Taylor has tried to smash the ball out of the park and found the only player in the deep on the leg side

15 required with 4 wickets in hand