Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I didn't realise Logan was the one who has been playing for the Vine...strange action!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I didn't realise Logan was the one who has been playing for the Vine...strange action!
    He does have a strange action and it's one that has probably been his issue in being a success as it doesn't look one that is easily repeatable. He has had a bit of a nightmare season for both the Kent 2s and the Vine - overall, he's taken 10-374 in the KPL and an economy rate of 5.14 which rather demonstrates how much he has struggled. Ironically, he averages almost 43.20 with the bat for the Vine!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    He does have a strange action and it's one that has probably been his issue in being a success as it doesn't look one that is easily repeatable. He has had a bit of a nightmare season for both the Kent 2s and the Vine - overall, he's taken 10-374 in the KPL and an economy rate of 5.14 which rather demonstrates how much he has struggled. Ironically, he averages almost 43.20 with the bat for the Vine!
    It's no surprise that his economy rate is high, playing at the Vine this year!

I had a real problem as he falls across the crease just as the ball is landing, obscuring my view. I told him after his first ball...I tried standing a bit closer to the stumps, then went right up behind the stumps (which sort of worked) but after one ball he asked me to stand back, so I went to my normal position and turned down any appeals that I couldn't see properly. He got annoyed with one LBW appeal, which I thought was a bit high; another may have been out but I couldn't see where it pitched so had to give it not out.  I gave one that I did see clearly. We spoke at the end of the innings and he was OK although he disagreed with me on most of my decisions!
  • Options
    Jas Singh is currently playing for the England U19s against Ireland. He has one victim to date:

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#mc81a51b3-9533-4b81-91ce-c218a3e6a9ae$$1_019_01

Jas now has a Level 2 offence to his name!

• Options
    Following rain, there's an inspection at 1.30pm on our game away to Derbyshire
  • Options
    The fact that Crawley played in the Hundred instead of for the Lions against South Africa tells us all we need to know about the ECB's priorities. But, if we do need to reinforce that, here is Downton's answer to the question about Leaning's participation for us:

Can Kent players who are in The Hundred and not selected be made available for the Royal London Cup?

A: No, it is a condition of The Hundred playing regulations that players are not allowed to be released to play for their counties whilst the competition is still going on.

It is a pity as, for example, Jack Leaning has not been selected for the Oval Invincibles when he could have played for Kent in all five of our matches in the Royal London Cup.

• Options
    The fact that Crawley played in the Hundred instead of for the Lions against South Africa tells us all we need to know about the ECB's priorities. But, if we do need to reinforce that, here is Downton's answer to the question about Leaning's participation for us:

Can Kent players who are in The Hundred and not selected be made available for the Royal London Cup?

A: No, it is a condition of The Hundred playing regulations that players are not allowed to be released to play for their counties whilst the competition is still going on.

It is a pity as, for example, Jack Leaning has not been selected for the Oval Invincibles when he could have played for Kent in all five of our matches in the Royal London Cup.

Thats a joke. Surely they should be playing some cricket rather than none.
  • Options

Indeed - but players like Billings are allowed to play for the Lions (a non competitive game) instead of for Kent (a competitive game)
  • Options

The computer says NO. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yorkshire 54-0 off 12

Change from the last game played is Stewart in for Muyeye and Podmore in for Quinn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    105-0 off 20
  • Options
    149-1

Wicket to Qadri, one of a couple of success stories from the Royal London series
  • Options
    Ha ha. Popped on here to get away from the England - SA test match as it looks as if our big impovement this summer maybe about to hit a wall. Sadly, as a Kent fan the summer never really began, and as far as I can see, the limit of our ambition maybe to get a couple of draws in the remianing Championship games to avoid relegation.
    Of course we may go through the rest of the Yorkshire innings like a knife through butter, but at the moment it looks as if we will be chasing something implausible.
  • Options
    Luckily we have not lost too many to the hundred so we are able to field nearly full strength teams….
  • Options
    Just arrived, saw two wickets from Denly and now the covers are on. It's alright though, the BBC says they're is only a 1% chance of rain
  • Options
    Back on and now a 45 over game with DLS to determine the ultimate target. Currently 231-3 off 39
  • Options
    3rd wicket for Denly

235-4
  • Options
    249-5 off 42

Wicket to Stewart
  • Options
    251-6 off 42.3 from 225-1. All these wickets are favouring us so far as DLS is concerned.
  • Options
    282-6 off 45

DRS target to follow but that finish will mean that it is likely to be a challenging one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Target is 297 off 45 and we are 12-1 off 3 with Evison the one to go
  • Options
    118-2 off 16. Ollie Robinson hit a superb 59 off 37 balls
  • Options
    165-2 off 25

132 off 20 required

• Options
    189-2 off 30

107 required off 15 overs @ 7.2 an over

Compton 59* (72)
    Denly 61* (70)
  • Options
    And then unfortunately Denly is out next ball
  • Options
    Blake out now. 102 needed at virtually 8 an over now
  • Options
    244-4

53 needed off 36 balls 
  • Options
    36 off 18 needed
  • Options
    The guy that we loaned out for the Blast ..
  • Options
    The guy that we loaned out for the Blast ..
    And who may well be off because we did (and not playing in the CC at times either)