Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I see the ECB has appointed Richard Thompson, Surrey Chairman, has been given the role of ECB chair. This could be interesting as he was against the 100 and in favour of counties. Unfortunately it could have been even better news had the old guard not signed up a new TV deal almost as a parting shot. Disgraceful by Harrison and co but I believe got huge bonuses for doing so. 
    Be interesting to see how it unfolds especially as the 50 over world cup is in India next year. Surely as Champions we should be giving our team every advantage. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    A decent article from the BBC about Stevo leaving us and his intention to carry on playing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62510228
  • Options
    Northants 104-3 off 17 overs. We play the same team that lost so easily in the last game which says rather more about how much the management trust Podmore and Logan as it does the ones that are playing. All three wickets have fallen to the spinners (two to Qadri and one to Denly) but Gilchrist has had rather a disastrous spell to date with figures of 3-0-30-0
  • Options
    edited August 2022

120-4 off 20
  • Options
    edited August 2022

129-5
  • Options
    132-6
  • Options
    Qadri 4-31
  • Options
    Another to Denly 

149-7
  • Options
    Surely we can’t muck this one up….
  • Options
    Denly finishes with 10-0-41-2

172-7 off 37
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Surely we can’t muck this one up….
    We are capable of absolutely anything. Northants might still get 250 and we don't know until they bowl quite how good a score that would be.
  • Options
    We've now bowled four spinners with Blake and Muyeye joining the party with the latter taking a wicket

200-8 off 45
  • Options
    One to Evison

209-9
  • Options
    210 all out. Final wicket to Gilchrist.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wow ! 

Just arrived home from our trip to Sheffield & after reading the first couple of posts for today's match, wondered whether I should log straight off again ! 

But, a Kentish based miracle it seems ! 

Hope to catch some of our innings ( is that a good idea?) later. 

COYS !!!
  • Options
    Solid start

30-0 off 5

Muyeye  22* (16) 
    Compton 5* (14)
  • Options
    No sooner had I tempted fate than, the very next ball, Muyeye gives catching practice to slip
  • Options
    Oh dear. Robinson survives a massive LBW appeal only to get cleaned up the next ball. This is one occasion where we could do with Compton batting for the 50 overs without any scoreboard pressure to get on with it.

34-2
  • Options
    52-2 off 10
  • Options
    95-2 off 18
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    117-3 off 22

Denly out for 42 (50)
    Compton 43* (64)
  • Options
    Blake out for 20

170-5 off 33.4

Compton 67* (96)
  • Options
    Compton out for 87 with 2 needed to win
  • Options
    Won by 5 wickets with 7 overs to spare
  • Options
    Won by 5 wickets with 7 overs to spare
    4 wickets in the end.

Great to get down there today - been a while!

Great innings by Compton
  • Options
    A decent win. A low scoring game suited Compton who could plod along instead of having to accelerate quickly in his innings 
  • Options
    Great win  for the Spitfires ! 

Might even tempt me to try my womanly wiles on Mr F for a final visit to Canterbury this season.....

• Options
    Kent used eight bowlers .. confusion to their (enemies) opponents 
  • Options
    The penny finally dropped a few overs in after Saini aside, pace was disappearing round the ground. A collapse soon followed. No need for heroics to see us over the line. 
    Really surprised and disappointed to note the number of folk (even my seniority and above) that wandered in and out of the Woolley stand at any time. No waiting until the end of the over!
    Probably down to the Hundred! 
    Seriously disappointed at the lack of etiquette though!
  • Options
    Squad for tomorrow's match away to Derbyshire announced. Stewart is back in the 14 but Muyeye is ruled out with odontalgia