Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    23 off 12
  • Options
    Finch out for a decent 42 off 32. Podmore joins Stewart.

23 off 11
  • Options
    11 to win off the final over
  • Options
    Podmore 4

7 off 5
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Podmore out but Stewart now on strike

7 off 4

Edit - Qadri on strike because of change to rule
  • Options
    Qadri single

Stewart has 3 goes now at hitting a maximum
  • Options
    A swing and a miss

6 off 2
  • Options
    No run

A six to win it
  • Options
    And Stewart smashes the final ball out of the ground!!!!!!
  • Options
    The Italian Australian strikes well done Grant Stewart
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win boys!

Compton the glue once again and brilliant efforts from Denly, Robinson, Finch and Stewart
  • Options
    Unreal
  • Options
    Wow. That's showboating, waiting to the last ball to get a six instead of getting it with a 2 and 4  :D
  • Options
    Wow. That's showboating, waiting to the last ball to get a six instead of getting it with a 2 and 4  :D
    The commentators were questioning whether he's made the right decision to not take the single off the penultimate ball. But he didn't because he not only knew that he was more capable than Qadri to hit the six required but also because a 4 (and a tie) would be the equivalent of a defeat given we needed to win come what may in order to give ourselves some sort of chance of qualifying.

90 overs and the game goes to the very last ball. That's 340 more balls than a Hundred game that goes the distance. And far more exciting too.
  • Options
    Managed to watch a few hours at the ground today, then the stream but got the hear the last over on the radio, bloody brilliant
  • Options
    OMG !!!!

Arise, Sir Grant !

Made a quick decision to go to Canterbury on Tues for the last 1 dayer & a fond goodbye to both Robbo & the legend that is Stevo. 

Hope the dog enjoys cricket.....!!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    So happy I was erong about this. Writing the game off  after 25 overs. Been supporting Kent too long.
    Still, this feels good.
  • Options
    Looking at the stats, Denly was the standout bowler from both teams. Good that he seems back in rhythm again
  • Options
    Looking at the stats, Denly was the standout bowler from both teams. Good that he seems back in rhythm again
    Something definitely hasn't been right with him over the course of the last couple of years but from mid season onwards he has been superb. Perhaps it was, as has been suggested, the England situation and coming to terms with that but, with him bowling so well, we aren't missing that second frontline spinner such as Linde for example.

• Options
    Saini's stint has finished and Muyeye is still out but Stevens is back in the squad for tomorrow's game

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really looking forward to our last visit of the season to Canterbury. 

Hoping for an entertaining match and a further 2 pts for those Spitfires. 
  • Options
    Email just received, stating Zak has signed a 1 year extension to his contract.
  • Options
    Email just received, stating Zak has signed a 1 year extension to his contract.
    One year is neither one thing nor the other really. 

With his current form, I can't imagine he's exactly hot property at the moment anyway
  • Options
    Can’t believe there is is £5 surcharge. 

Hope Charlton are not looking 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can’t believe there is is £5 surcharge. 

Hope Charlton are not looking 
    It is marketed as a £5 discount for buying in advance though. There's also a difference because with cricket you are taking a risk with the weather. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The only change from the last match is Stevens in for Podmore in what will be, sadly, his last ever Royal London game for us. This strengthens the batting but does mean that Stewart is rewarded for his match winning efforts by dropping one down the order to 8!

Kent won the toss and elected to bowl

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/fixture/kent-spitfires-vs-lancashire-3/

Edit - I'm talking rubbish (some might say "nothing different" from normal) but Podmore is playing and Stevens has come in for the returning Saini
  • Options
    There appears to be an issue with the live coverage - well there is for me anyway!
  • Options
    There appears to be an issue with the live coverage - well there is for me anyway!
    Refreshing the web page fixed it for me. Good start so far, Lancs are 7/1 from 4
  • Options
    Refreshing the web page fixed it for me. Good start so far, Lancs are 7/1 from 4
    Thanks. Left it to put the washing out (as you have to justify one's existence) and did just that. Good start for us at 16-1 off 6
  • Options
    Big blow struck - Jennings bowled by Gilchrist 

28-2 off 8