Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Is that worse than Patel getting out on 99 though?
  • A red inker for Crawley today would be nice
  • MrOneLung said:
    Is that worse than Patel getting out on 99 though?
    99 times worse in my opinion. 
  • 96-4

37 overs to survive
  • 139-5

just over 25 overs left
  • Simon Kerrigan with 3-508 in his previous three FC games plus Kent's first innings in this, currently has figures of 17-5-34-4 in this innings
  • Losing this will sum our terrible season up. Showed absolutely no intent of going for it, yet getting bowled out on a pitch hardly doing anything by a very below average bowling line up. 
  • 144-7 with 15 plus to go. Billings with 1 off 35 holding firm.
  • 144-8

Keogh with 15-7-22-4 is unplayable too
  • When Northants declared, I really though they had left themselves with too much  to do in two sessions - the other innings were nothing like this. But as most Kent fans would have expected, we have managed to collapse from a position where you'd hope we had the batsmen to see today out quietly. 
    And people seemed to think we had a really useful squad for the season back in april.
  • Sponsored links:

• 153-9

50 balls to go
  • When Northants declared, I really though they had left themselves with too much  to do in two sessions - the other innings were nothing like this. But as most Kent fans would have expected, we have managed to collapse from a position where you'd hope we had the batsmen to see today out quietly. 
    And people seemed to think we had a really useful squad for the season back in april.
    Perhaps we did. And they have just underperformed especially in the spin department
  • Oh FFS!!! Quinn is out!!!!
  • They've done the 74 overs but there is still seven or eight minutes to hang on at nine down...maybe three more overs?
  • Pedro45 said:
    They've done the 74 overs but there is still seven or eight minutes to hang on at nine down...maybe three more overs?
    And we lose at 74.5 overs....
  • Billings with 16 off 85 and Quinn with 0 off 37 at least applied themselves but we still lost by 203 runs. Their two spinners picked up all 10 wickets between them.
  • Nooooo
  • Pedro45 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    They've done the 74 overs but there is still seven or eight minutes to hang on at nine down...maybe three more overs?
    And we lose at 74.5 overs....
    It's marvellous what teams can do, so far as over rates are concerned, when they want to. They probably would have ended up 40 overs in two hours.
  • Was that the last over? 
  • Stewart said:
    Was that the last over? 
    No - I think they probably had time to bowl another two which would have meant 40 overs bowled in two hours. We clearly didn't call for enough change of gloves, drinks, feigned cramp, loose shoelaces, invisible people moving behind the bowler's arm etc etc etc 
  • Sponsored links:

• What a season .  Time for decisions on Walker and Billings 
  • Just seen what happened, that's a shocker. That game had shake hands on a draw written all over it on paper, when you look at yesterday's play and how easily Northants were scoring.
  • wmcf123 said:
    What a season .  Time for decisions on Walker and Billings 
    There will, I'm sure, be changes on and off the pitch. Robinson is all but gone unless he can be persuaded to stay so Billings has to stay for however many games he is available for. We will lost I reckon another five or six players at least for one reason or another. 

I've said before that Walks is a great bloke but sadly, after a period of time, players stop getting motivated by hearing the same things. It's why Ferguson regularly changed his assistant.
  • We can but hope that the right mentors/coaches are currently being head hunted in preparation for next summer and that current players are given every opportunity to have their say ie open & frank discussions between all parties before decisions are made. 

A season of disappointments in SE7, followed by another from our Spitfire guys. 

A combination to make me feel old before my time ! :wink:
  • We can but hope that the right mentors/coaches are currently being head hunted in preparation for next summer and that current players are given every opportunity to have their say ie open & frank discussions between all parties before decisions are made. 

I have heard that there is a very well known coach who would take the job in a nanosecond should it become available but now is probably not the right time to mention his name when the current coach is still in situ.
  • Kerrigan and Keogh .. bowled out by the Irish  :)

I have heard that there is a very well known coach who would take the job in a nanosecond should it become available but now is probably not the right time to mention his name when the current coach is still in situ.
    Don’t tease…..

Ben Garner 
  • MrOneLung said:
    We can but hope that the right mentors/coaches are currently being head hunted in preparation for next summer and that current players are given every opportunity to have their say ie open & frank discussions between all parties before decisions are made. 

Don’t tease…..
    No I can't say because, again, it is only a rumour. If Walks "walks" I will say.
  • Kerrigan and Keogh .. bowled out by the Irish  :)
    And yet in Billings' post match report he said that their two seamers who got 8 wickets between them were the difference. I must have been watching a different game because their two spinners took 10-74 in our second innings.