Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• We can but hope that the right mentors/coaches are currently being head hunted in preparation for next summer and that current players are given every opportunity to have their say ie open & frank discussions between all parties before decisions are made. 

A season of disappointments in SE7, followed by another from our Spitfire guys. 

A combination to make me feel old before my time ! :wink:
    Surrey are gonna win the Championship tho - so every cloud and all that! :) 
  • Kent could really have done with Robinson's grit, determination and application today as he demonstrated against Yorkshire with his 58 and 85 not out to gain us the draw. 
  • I hasn't realised 'til I just read it that this was Northamptonshire's first Division 1 win for 18 years!
  • We can but hope that the right mentors/coaches are currently being head hunted in preparation for next summer and that current players are given every opportunity to have their say ie open & frank discussions between all parties before decisions are made. 

Surrey are gonna win the Championship tho - so every cloud and all that! :) 
    That's right. 

Make it worse. 

You'll miss me when I'm gone.....
  • So Henry (I believe he's only going to be available for two CC games after all) and Saini might both play in the next CC match which means that Linde will, by default, have to be left out. 
  • Any particular reason for Henry only being here for two games ? Big shame ! 
  • Any particular reason for Henry only being here for two games ? Big shame ! 
    I believe that it's because of NZ commitments but it's only something I read elsewhere. However, it would make sense because, otherwise, we are effectively saying that Linde who, is on a two year contract, will not play again this season in the CC.
  • NZ are currently playing Ireland in an ODI series before moving on a number of T20s against Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands until the 6th August. Henry is playing today, I assume he must be playing in the T20s as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    We can but hope that the right mentors/coaches are currently being head hunted in preparation for next summer and that current players are given every opportunity to have their say ie open & frank discussions between all parties before decisions are made. 

I have heard that there is a very well known coach who would take the job in a nanosecond should it become available but now is probably not the right time to mention his name when the current coach is still in situ.
    Don’t tease…..
    No I can't say because, again, it is only a rumour. If Walks "walks" I will say.
    If it does happen and it is probably pure speculation, then it will be an appointment that we will have to brace ourselves for. He is also going to have to travel from far away but the paul of the challenge might just be enough.
  • Just popped in to say hi and thanks...  ;):D
    We felt sorry for you. I mean 18 years without a top flight win takes some doing!
    We felt sorry for you. I mean 18 years without a top flight win takes some doing!
    Rarer than an Addicks win against the scum...     
  • So Henry (I believe he's only going to be available for two CC games after all) and Saini might both play in the next CC match which means that Linde will, by default, have to be left out. 
    Linde has been dreadful 
  • We didn't win The Blast but for it's made my day to see the happiness on George's face as a result of Hants winning the trophy.

George has had his challenges in life but, as anyone who follows him knows and he openly admits to it, cricket has rescued him from some very dark times and the way that the cricketing community has embraced him has given him a real reason for living. Well done George!

Footage of George's unique bowling action:

And George last night:

• The Kent Women's game against. Surrey at Beckenham yesterday was cancelled.

Kent couldn't raise a team.
  • Enjoyed that even if it conform to outdated stereotypes of Surrey.
  • Sponsored links:

• With extreme heat predicted during this fixture, the ECB has confirmed that First & Second XI cricket is still set to proceed.

However, the intention is to introduce mitigation measures to reduce risk of heat stress/illness, monitor the situation & allow for local decisions.

Playing conditions will be determined by the Match Officials & may include shortened sessions, for example 3 x 90 mins with time made up on Days Two-Four, drinks breaks & even the potential to leave the field.

• Rather wish I hadn't checked on the Kent score. Warwickshire put us in and we are 28-3 with Compton, DBD and Denly all gone. Crawley still there on 13*. Henry and Saini in for Linde and Stewart. No place for Robinson still. 

For those masochists who wish to follow the game live:

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/fixture/warwickshire-vs-kent-2/
  • 32-4....Leaning out for a duck.
  • 32-4

Leaning joins Denly in being out for a duck. 
  • Kent's batters will minimise the amount of time they spend in the baking sun, by only batting for a few minutes before getting out. Zak Crawley for example will limit himself to 15 minutes out there before driving at a wide one and being caught at second slip. 
    Kent 32-4...
  • Henry and Saini both playing, Linde left out

An interesting but seemingly correct decision by Warks to bowl first, despite the weather
  • What do we know about Hannon-Dalby, the Destroyer ? 
  • edited July 2022
    Hannon-Dalby has all four wickets and now has 39 wickets this season in the CC at 20.82. Our leading wicket taker is Gilchrist with 15 wickets at 38.00. Gilchrist is captaining the 2s and currently has figures of 15-3-62-0 where Surrey are 291-3.