Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Dom Sibley going back to Surrey. That should please Ryan Patel. Come on Kent, you know what to do now!
  • edited June 2022
    Dom Sibley going back to Surrey. That should please Ryan Patel. Come on Kent, you know what to do now!
    Wait what? has this been announced? another one I dont want and we really dont need. Patel has a much higher ceiling.
  • perhaps we need to look at this guy Bean from Yorkshire - just scored 441 playing for their 2s 
  • perhaps we need to look at this guy Bean from Yorkshire - just scored 441 playing for their 2s 
    My days!!
  • Interestingly, he plays for York Cricket Club, who Jack Leaning plays for still
  • Dom Sibley going back to Surrey. That should please Ryan Patel. Come on Kent, you know what to do now!
    Wait what? has this been announced? another one I dont want and we really dont need. Patel has a much higher ceiling.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/61994750.amp

So how soon can Kent have Patel?
  • Kent 2s "enjoyed" an honourable draw in their 4 day game against Durham:

Durham 384
    Kent 387-7
  • Obviously not a Surrey fan, but was very impressed with Smith's batting on Sunday. Looks a prospect.

Forgive me but I thought this was the Kent thread. Jesus wept.
    Forgive me but it looks like you started the conversation about a Surrey player didn't you? Or are comments about Surrey players wholly restricted to Kent supporters and/or only by you? Jesus did, indeed, weep. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Disappointing to see that Notts only used 11 bowlers and didn't allow the keeper a bowl
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/61994750.amp

So how soon can Kent have Patel?
    Sibley as a replacement for Amla with Patel probably moving to 3. Cant see us letting him go even though Burns and Sibley must know their chances of an England recall are tiny.

Also something about kent to keep BB happy! :p
  • Any news about Essex and Northants, they've been left out of this thread  ;)
  • Stevens probably in for Billings and Milnes to return almost certainly for Singh. Cox to keep.

• Stevens probably in for Billings and Milnes to return almost certainly for Singh. Cox to keep.

God I hate that palarse top.
  • 156-5 off 17.2
  • Slurrey need 192 to win
  • Three good knocks in there Blakey 50* in 25 - great last over from Jordan
  • nice start from Ahmad 
  • Nicely poised need a few quiet overs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Slurrey need 192 to win
    Never in doubt 
  • Bowling just not good enough 
  • one-sided in the end 
  • Saw lots of Charlton people there tonight. Plenty of north lower mates that I didn't realised followed cricket. Pretty sure I passed airman and his daughter at oval Station. Pretty sure Kyle Edwards was taking photos.

I thought 180 was par on that pitch and I thought I was going to be blaming the ECB for not allowing Sam Curran to bowl meaning we had to bowl Hardie/Overton his overs when pace off was clearly the way to go. 

Sending Stevens in ahead of Linde and Blake was an odd one. I'll never get over how good Narine has been this season. That last over of his was the first time anyone really has got after him and even then his figures were pretty decent. 

Kent seemed to get it more with the ball and worked out that pace off was more effective much quicker. You were right in it all the way and the required run rate stayed relatively high even though we had wickets in hand. 

Where it went wrong was the 17th over and bowling Milnes. He'd taken some serious tap in his first 2 and with the overs Leaning had bowled there was no need to bring him back on at all. Klassen had bowled 2 overs for 9 and it had to be him to bowl the 17th and 19th. A good over from him and maybe even a wicket and the pressure would have been right on surrey. Instead milnes got destroyed and the run rate was down to 3 an over. Even with the wickets in the 18th and 19th it didn't make a difference.

First time I'd seen Quais live and wow he impressed me. Serious whippy action and a bit of pace on it. If he hits they spot regularly and throws in the odd top spinner then he will be seriously class.
  • Surrey secure a home quarter final bit will be without Roy, Curran and Topley. 

Hopefully Pope will be back to replace Sam Curran at 3. Smith or Foakes will open. Worral for Topley and TC hopefully to return. Should still be a strongish team even if its a batsman or 2 short.
  • Saw lots of Charlton people there tonight. Plenty of north lower mates that I didn't realised followed cricket. Pretty sure I passed airman and his daughter at oval Station. Pretty sure Kyle Edwards was taking photos.

I thought 180 was par on that pitch and I thought I was going to be blaming the ECB for not allowing Sam Curran to bowl meaning we had to bowl Hardie/Overton his overs when pace off was clearly the way to go. 

Sending Stevens in ahead of Linde and Blake was an odd one. I'll never get over how good Narine has been this season. That last over of his was the first time anyone really has got after him and even then his figures were pretty decent. 

Kent seemed to get it more with the ball and worked out that pace off was more effective much quicker. You were right in it all the way and the required run rate stayed relatively high even though we had wickets in hand. 

Where it went wrong was the 17th over and bowling Milnes. He'd taken some serious tap in his first 2 and with the overs Leaning had bowled there was no need to bring him back on at all. Klassen had bowled 2 overs for 9 and it had to be him to bowl the 17th and 19th. A good over from him and maybe even a wicket and the pressure would have been right on surrey. Instead milnes got destroyed and the run rate was down to 3 an over. Even with the wickets in the 18th and 19th it didn't make a difference.

First time I'd seen Quais live and wow he impressed me. Serious whippy action and a bit of pace on it. If he hits they spot regularly and throws in the odd top spinner then he will be seriously class.
    Also thought that was the most mature innings I've seen from Sam today. Properly held our innings together. Played a lot of incredibly good looking shots for 1. But just kept us ticking over and up with the rate until the time was right and then just exploded against the bowlers we had clearly decided to target. Really impressive from him. Given how little the ECB have let him bowl this season he's been worth his weight in gold. Can genuinely see him forcing his way into test contention as a batsman alone in a couple of year.
  • Muyeye was also seriously impressive with the bat and in the field. Saved at least 8 runs with some properly exceptional fielding.

Also thought that was the most mature innings I've seen from Sam today. Properly held our innings together. Played a lot of incredibly good looking shots for 1. But just kept us ticking over and up with the rate until the time was right and then just exploded against the bowlers we had clearly decided to target. Really impressive from him. Given how little the ECB have let him bowl this season he's been worth his weight in gold. Can genuinely see him forcing his way into test contention as a batsman alone in a couple of year.
    If Sam Curran wants a Test career, it will be as a batsman who bowls. Though that is really Stokes' role now...

Think he has always has been tipped to develop As a batter that can bowl a few overs rather than a fully fledged all rounder. 

Think he has always has been tipped to develop As a batter that can bowl a few overs rather than a fully fledged all rounder. 
    Yes, I think Stewie has always maintained he would end up batting 4. I think it's only really the impact that his bowling had in the early days of his career plus the pull of white ball cricket around the world (and covid) preventing him playing much 4 day cricket which slowed the development of his batting