Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• 318-8

Cox and Linde out
  • I have the misfortune of going to The Oval for the T20 on Friday. With a load of Surrey fans :(
  • 331 all out. Trail by 342.
  • Vincenzo said:
    I have the misfortune of going to The Oval for the T20 on Friday. With a load of Surrey fans :(
    I'll be there with my old man and brother.
    Serious effort by Surrey's 3rd string bowling attack.
  • Have Surrey batted too long ?

Nearly over 550 now, in a 4 day game, on day 2, against what is clearly a very poor Kent side

They could have declared last night, and we still wouldn’t have a cat in hells chance of beating them
    I’m retracting my post above - this is gonna be Kent follow on, and lose by the end of day 3
    This could still happen - we are following on, and plenty of time left in the day to skittle us 👀

I just want the season to end now - waste of time from a Kent perspective 

Nearly over 550 now, in a 4 day game, on day 2, against what is clearly a very poor Kent side

They could have declared last night, and we still wouldn’t have a cat in hells chance of beating them
    I’m retracting my post above - this is gonna be Kent follow on, and lose by the end of day 3
    This could still happen - we are following on, and plenty of time left in the day to skittle us 👀

44 overs in this final session of the day
  • Vincenzo said:
    I have the misfortune of going to The Oval for the T20 on Friday. With a load of Surrey fans :(
    "Stoopid boy " as Capt Mainwaring would say.
  • When Simon Harmer picks up 15 wickets in the match and Liam Dawson takes 10 wickets then one has to wonder about the track prepared at Chelmsford.
  • Sponsored links:

Serious effort by Surrey's 3rd string bowling attack.
    You Lol but only Sam Curran and Worral (just about) get into our first choice attack. 

Tom Curran, Roach/De Grandhomme, Clark, Overton, Topley, Taylor, Dunn are all either injured, in an england squad or not allowed to play due to an "ECB" playing plan...

Of course Moriarty or Virdi would also be in a first choice attack but it seems Batty is penalising them for not being able to bat (and field) rather than actually having any problems with their bowling. Which seems incredibly short sighted and also rather unfair given the quality of fielding we have seen by Amla/Pollard this year! Its hardly like Topley/Worral/Mckerr/Taylor are particularly adept with the bat.
  • Well done Ben Compton - reaches 1,000 County Championship runs this season
    I was going to joke and say that it only took BC a couple of days longer to reach 1,000 CC runs than the entire team but having looked at our scores this season I was pleasantly surprised - three innings totals over 500?! How did we manage that?

Prior to the start of our second innings against Slurrey we've racked up 4,424 runs so BC's contribution is coming at c22.5% of the team's total runs.

I guess that makes him fairly important to the side this year - the next-best batsman is DBD with a total of 593 runs thus far with Jordan Cox on 558 and no other batsman aggregating over 350 for the season.

(Batsmen totals courtesy of Cricinfo because I couldn't be arsed to add them up. I did look up and total our teams scores though :))
  • Congratulations to Kent's Alice Davidson-Richards on making 107 - only the second woman to score a century in her very first Test innings for England.
    I was going to joke and say that it only took BC a couple of days longer to reach 1,000 CC runs than the entire team but having looked at our scores this season I was pleasantly surprised - three innings totals over 500?! How did we manage that?

Prior to the start of our second innings against Slurrey we've racked up 4,424 runs so BC's contribution is coming at c22.5% of the team's total runs.

I guess that makes him fairly important to the side this year - the next-best batsman is DBD with a total of 593 runs thus far with Jordan Cox on 558 and no other batsman aggregating over 350 for the season.

(Batsmen totals courtesy of Cricinfo because I couldn't be arsed to add them up. I did look up and total our teams scores though :))
    The truth is that Compton should have been credited with a 1,000 First Class runs a couple of weeks ago - the ECB won't recognise the County representative match against New Zealand because more than 11 players were used and he hit a ton in that one. Bizarre because we are constantly having substitutions in County and Internationals as we did in this last Test with Billings. Equally, how can the Varsity match be considered First Class when a representative game against a full international team isn't?
  • 101-0 and 241 behind

The truth is that Compton should have been credited with a 1,000 First Class runs a couple of weeks ago - the ECB won't recognise the County representative match against New Zealand because more than 11 players were used and he hit a ton in that one. Bizarre because we are constantly having substitutions in County and Internationals as we did in this last Test with Billings. Equally, how can the Varsity match be considered First Class when a representative game against a full international team isn't?

The ECB wouldn't recognise common sense if it smacked it across the chops with a square drive.

If the ECB did recognise common sense we wouldn't have the crap that is the franchise comp (I'm not even going to dignify it by referring to it by its name).

There is still so much to enjoy ! Batting all day tomorrow will be a great pleasure plus a successful relegation battle with Northants and Gloucestershire over the next months. 
  • edited June 2022
    121-0 off 44 overs at close. 221 runs behind. We bat for three sessions tomorrow and get a draw. Simples!

Denly 63* (119)
    Compton 47* (147)

• In reply to Durham's 384, Kent 2s are 314-4 with Marcus O'Riordan on 169 not out
  • Sponsored links:

• In reply to Durham's 384, Kent 2s are 314-4 with Marcus O'Riordan on 169 not out
    I really think he deserves a go -
    he’s making stacks of runs 
  • wmcf123 said:
    In reply to Durham's 384, Kent 2s are 314-4 with Marcus O'Riordan on 169 not out
    He will definitely get his chance in the Royal London. As I've said before, he was signed as a spinner who bats but it appears that he doesn't bowl much these days so, if he's going to earn himself a new contract, he has to be given that chance as a batsman.
  • wmcf123 said:
    In reply to Durham's 384, Kent 2s are 314-4 with Marcus O'Riordan on 169 not out
    He will definitely get his chance in the Royal London. As I've said before, he was signed as a spinner who bats but it appears that he doesn't bowl much these days so, if he's going to earn himself a new contract, he has to be given that chance as a batsman.
    I'll be umpiring him on Saturday....
  • Keep dancing Fanny!
  • Keep dancing Fanny!
    2nd time the weather this season has saved you against Surrey. Embarrassing that you need it against a side missing 11 key players. Very much a 3rd string bowling attack and a patchy batting lineup.

Tom Curran, Roach/De Grandhomme, Clark, Overton, Topley, Taylor, Dunn, Pope, Roy, Foakes
  • Keep dancing Fanny!
    I'm doing my best, AA, but wearing out so many pairs of shoes this season ! 

Perhaps I should make a case for free match tickets to compensate for my outlay....

.....but that would mean deeper depression & larger doses of happy pills ! 
  • Keep dancing Fanny!
    2nd time the weather this season has saved you against Surrey. Embarrassing that you need it against a side missing 11 key players. Very much a 3rd string bowling attack and a patchy batting lineup.

Tom Curran, Roach/De Grandhomme, Clark, Overton, Topley, Taylor, Dunn, Pope, Roy, Foakes
    We're anything but saved - yet

Compton LBW S Curran 48

126-1

You also seem to ignore the fact that we are missing two England internationals and another six fast bowlers through injury!!!
  • Keep dancing Fanny!

We're anything but saved - yet

Compton LBW S Curran 48

126-1

You also seem to ignore the fact that we are missing two England internationals and another six fast bowlers through injury!!!
    Its funny I was always under the impression that 8 was a smaller number than 11! ;)
  • edited June 2022
    Denly out. Commentary on BBC Radio London if you can stand it. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/60077549

• And Denly bites the dust.