Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• Kent 2s are playing a 4 day game against Hants starting today. One of the players who has been really struggling for runs this season is playing - Benjamin Garnet Compton!

Kent have won the toss and elected to bat

Link to game is below and it is being live streamed too:

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m2cbb1dfc-65ea-48c2-9d02-7e754b9268ed

Trying to access the live stream today ( to watch whilst I'm ironing)  but only getting play from yesterday....

Anyone else having problems or I am merely totally incompetent ? 
  • Kent 2s are playing a 4 day game against Hants starting today. One of the players who has been really struggling for runs this season is playing - Benjamin Garnet Compton!

Kent have won the toss and elected to bat

Link to game is below and it is being live streamed too:

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m2cbb1dfc-65ea-48c2-9d02-7e754b9268ed

Trying to access the live stream today ( to watch whilst I'm ironing)  but only getting play from yesterday....

Anyone else having problems or I am merely totally incompetent ? 
    Please ignore ! 

As if by magic, by George, "she's got it!"
  • Jas has left the 2s game - got a feeling he might now get a chance to play tonight rather than just carry the drinks. For better or worse, even Walks has said that we're out of the competition so we must just as well use the opportunity for the likes of Jas and Tawanda to gain experience at this level.
  • James Logan appears to be suffering from a crisis of confidence at the moment. Watching him bowl for the 2s today there appears to be a real lack of rhythm and little ability to consistently land the ball on the spot. He has 0-40 so far off 6 overs in the game and although the opposition are 264-1 and he has done well with the bat for Sevenoaks Vine, his bowling figures for them this season in the KPL are 47.5-5-251-3.

One would expect a much better return than that from a County pro and if one was to compare him to others in the KPL who have the same action in the shape of Aron Nijjar (44-10-106-6), Elliot Hooper (54-11-130-6) and Freddie Foster (57-4-189-10) then it's not difficult to sadly conclude that something really isn't right with Logan at present.
  • The train strike means that sadly I can't go down to Canterbury tonight. Gutted  ;)
  • Jas has left the 2s game - got a feeling he might now get a chance to play tonight rather than just carry the drinks. For better or worse, even Walks has said that we're out of the competition so we must just as well use the opportunity for the likes of Jas and Tawanda to gain experience at this level.
    Both are playing. No Linde or DBD from the 13. Kent have won the toss and elected to bowl. 
  • Best wishes to Jas  Singh. 
    Big chance for the lad 
  • Not a good start for Jas!
  • NB,6,4,1,6,6,1

The only way is up...
  • Best wishes to Jas  Singh. 
    Big chance for the lad 
    Kin ell 
  • Sponsored links:

• Devastated for Jas. You could tell how nervous he was by the way he was rushing through the over from the very first ball. 
  • Devastated for Jas. You could tell how nervous he was by the way he was rushing through the over from the very first ball. 
    I would have let him have another over though just to show you had confidence in him.
  • 195-4

Good game to win
  • Good to see Stewart and Milnes talking to Jas at the end and him still having a smile on his face. It's not a good situation to be in, particularly as he not only didn't get a second over (which was expected) but he might not get another opportunity in The Blast this season.
  • All this talk of trying to take momentum into the 50 over competition is a bit silly when much of the team will be missing for the 100
  • A mystery why Denly has barely bowled in this competition, as he bowled tidily enough tonight.

I must have missed the incident, but why did Denly finish a Quinn over?
  • All this talk of trying to take momentum into the 50 over competition is a bit silly when much of the team will be missing for the 100
    We're not going to lose quite as many as last season but will still be affected. I believe the proposal of the ECB is to officially make it a 2nd XI competition and to limit both The Blast and the CC to 10 matches each. All for the sake of The Hundred. Not sure how many 100 ball World Cups we have to prepare for! 
    I would have let him have another over though just to show you had confidence in him.
    I agree with the sentiment but think he was mentally shot and although we are going to struggle to knock these runs off as it is, we definitely wouldn't have done so had he been hit for another 26. And Jas would have been even more devastated had that happened.
  • Good catch by Broccoli hair Higgins
  • Sponsored links:

• Unfortunately that is a very typical Denly innings this season - 31 is decent but not off 30 balls and if you are going to do that then you need to stay in and step it up at some point.
  • denly gone for 31 off 30 balls… does he actually think it is helpful the way he keeps scoring a run a ball 20s and 30s  when we are chasing almost 200? 
  • We've struggled to get fast enough starts all season. Zak away with England (and not playing well), DBD out of form, Joe batting too slowly

Imagine the likes of Blake or Billings coming in with 100 on the board and 10 overs to go
  • This is more like it from Billings - less of the reverse sweeps and more of hitting it down the ground
  • Blimey - Blake almost killed the bowler then!
  • Lost by 5 runs. As much as Jas Singh's over was the difference so was Denly's 31 off 30.
  • A better performance, but not quite enough again. 
  • That’s the difference, they have a world class overseas fast bowler whereas we have had absolutely no one. 

Did say right at the start of this tournament, the whole balance of both linde and qais being our overseas was completely wrong and should have been addressed. 
  • That’s the difference, they have a world class overseas fast bowler whereas we have had absolutely no one. 

Did say right at the start of this tournament, the whole balance of both linde and qais being our overseas was completely wrong and should have been addressed. 
    The issue though is that we were "pot committed" to two overseas spinners - Linde is on a two year red and white ball contract and Qais was always coming back after his performances last year - and we don't have the money to pay for a third overseas just for the Blast having already contracted Bird/Duffy and Henry for the backend in the CC.

The issue though is that we were "pot committed" to two overseas spinners - Linde is on a two year red and white ball contract and Qais was always coming back after his performances last year - and we don't have the money to pay for a third overseas just for the Blast having already contracted Bird/Duffy and Henry for the backend in the CC.
    I presume we had no idea we would be signing linde, once we had confirmed qais was returning? Anyhow, something has to change at the end of the year, which I am fully expecting to happen.