Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2022

Comments

• I had thought of popping down there today, but thought it wouldn't be worth it as Kent would wrap up victory by lunch. I should have known better  :)
  • Gloucs 213 all out so 88 to win
    If the umpiring is down to the standard in Kent's first innings this could go too close for comfort
  • 35-1 Robinson out for 22 off 24. Compton, doing what he does best, is on 6*
  • 35-1 Robinson out for 22 off 24. Compton, doing what he does best, is on 6*
    hopefully stealing a not out to boost the averages....

• 6 out of the 8 CC games still in action in the final session, with only one (Durham vs Worcs) a bore draw. That has to be a good thing for the health of the England team
  • MrOneLung said:
    35-1 Robinson out for 22 off 24. Compton, doing what he does best, is on 6*
    hopefully stealing a not out to boost the averages....

Sadly out for 30. LBW - must have been missing!

83-2
  • Victory!
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/county-championship-division-one/table

Up to 7th in the table, so starting to look upwards to midtable mediocrity rather than the dreaded relegation to Div 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent 2s are playing the Club Cricket Conference in a T20 today. After 5 overs Kent are 97-0. O'Riordan is 29 off 11 and Muyeye is 68 off 19!!!
    How did this finish? Calouldnt find a scorecard online when I looked earlier
  • Kent 2s are playing the Club Cricket Conference in a T20 today. After 5 overs Kent are 97-0. O'Riordan is 29 off 11 and Muyeye is 68 off 19!!!
    It was a bit one sided. I believe that there was an earlier T20 too but that one never appeared on site:

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m30eaed1d-d445-4fd4-854b-608a612f1d1b
  • Kent have had three points deducted for a slow over rate against Gloucs. As if it's not hard enough for us to earn points without giving them away!
    It was a bit one sided. I believe that there was an earlier T20 too but that one never appeared on site:

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m30eaed1d-d445-4fd4-854b-608a612f1d1b
    Munday (who got four wickets) plays for Canterbury (div 1); Wightman for Prem team Tunbridge Wells (as does O'Riordon). Harri A plays for Beckenham, Luckett for Bickley Park, Jas for Bexley (all Prem). 
  • Kent have had three points deducted for a slow over rate against Gloucs. As if it's not hard enough for us to earn points without giving them away!
    I hadn't realised there were point deductions for that in the CC.

I blame Billings, he's been corrupted by spending too long with England!
  • 15 man squad named for tomorrow's Blast game with one interesting inclusion - Crawley. Are all the England players being sent back to play a couple of T20s before the next Test?

• 15 man squad named for tomorrow's Blast game with one interesting inclusion - Crawley. Are all the England players being sent back to play a couple of T20s before the next Test?

Pope has been made available for Surrey. Not sure if Foakes was but he's bit in the squad for us - Batty doesn't seem to rate him in short form which is fair enough (though his record is pretty decent and he's even had a couple games for England in that format). I won't mind as long as he doesn't pick Burns ahead if him who really shouldn't be anywhere near the T20 squad 
  • Hopefully another win tonight. What a week Jordan Cox has had. Hopefully continues that tonight 

Pope has been made available for Surrey. Not sure if Foakes was but he's bit in the squad for us - Batty doesn't seem to rate him in short form which is fair enough (though his record is pretty decent and he's even had a couple games for England in that format). I won't mind as long as he doesn't pick Burns ahead if him who really shouldn't be anywhere near the T20 squad 
    I suppose it's good that England are trying to balance availability of players for counties as well as England, even if it's a change in format

And while it might not help his technique, if Zak manages to get bat on ball and score a nice 30-40 tonight, it might help his confidence ahead of the 3rd test
  • Crawley left out of tonight's team due to illness
  • Sponsored links:

• Hants 77-1 off 10
  • Deary me, wheels have started to come off ! 
  • Is it just me or has linde been a massive disappointment this season? 
  • Looks a decent pitch here
  • James Vince ton
  • 221-3 

Will do well to get near that. Poor Klaassen decided to come out in sympathy with this Dutch team mates in returning figures of 0-63!!!
  • Don't want to see Klaassen in the T20 again. That was shambolic bowling. Bowling short every ball and Vince smacked it to the boundary every time. 0-63 in his 4 overs. 
  • edited June 2022
    Some huge scores this evening. Bears got a record 261-2 with notts 50-1 off 3.4 overs in reply
  • Essex 235-5 off 19
  • It's an omen. We'll see this off in 18 ;)