Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The first album you bought with your own money!

Comments

• Options
    Pin ups- David Bowie  1973
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Led Zeppelin 3 aged 12 or 13. I thought it was almost unlistenable as I secretly preferred T Rex but didn't admit it...
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Michael Jackson - Dangerous.

Little did I know how apt the title was for an 9 or 10 year old boy like I was.
  • Options
    White Music - XTC 1978 (still one of my top 10 albums)
  • Options
    The Jam’s Snap
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Motown, volume 4

thirty bob I think 
  • Options
    Double Barrel, Dave and Ansell Collins!
    Me too. I can clearly remember, aged about 13, going up to the counter of the record shop just off Welling Corner, trying to be cool, but very self consciously asking for the LP.
    I think that shop was called Ajax.

Bought my first album there in 1971; “Muswell Hillbillies” The Kinks. 
  • Options
    The Jam’s Snap
    Double album with the bonus 7 inch live EP?  Still have it indoors, but I’m a little older I guess and In The City was my first from my own money, albeit they were on their third album by the time I got it in 1978.
  • Options
    The World of East of Eden in 1972. Decca album full of wonderful eastern tinged jazz rock.
  • Options
    Autobahn by Kraftwerk in Bexley Village
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blue for You / Status Quo in TW Records in Bexleyheath , I was a 13 year old clad in denim -1976
  • Options
    Level 42 world machine fantastic album bought from tw records plumstead high st played it to death on my Walkman whilst on my paper round still listen to it regularly and saw them recently at the royal Albert hall
  • Options
    I think it was The Monkees
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Blue for You / Status Quo in TW Records in Bexleyheath , I was a 13 year old clad in denim -1976
    One of my favourite albums to this day. Saw them at Cardiff Castle that year and have seen them millions times since.
  • Options
    Vienna - Ultravox
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Think it was Queen II, though for credibility it was The Ramones. 
    Queen II is a bloody good album. 
  • Options
    A Music For Pleasure T.Rex album (below)
    I bought this too but I suspect that my first album was one of those dodgy MFP cover albums called "Hot Hits" or the other one that ran at the same time called "Top of the Pops".

Thank you for hearing my confession. Please forgive me. I knew no different!
  • Options
    Bluesbreakers John Mayall with Eric Clapton.
  • Options
    Honestly can’t remember.  Probably around 78-79.  Could have been a dodgy mfp compilation from Woolies or Pepper from Virgin megastore.  Definitely got Revolver around that time from Our Price (cos it’s still got the price label on it), but I’m sure it wasn’t my first…even though it would be pretty cool to claim it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hunky Dory - Bowie, followed by For Your pleasure by Roxy Music. Now hanging in my home office 
  • Options
    Deep Purple - Burn
  • Options

• Options
    From the Tearooms of Mars by Landscape. From the record shop in Northumberland Heath (elpees?) which was unusual as I was a regular at TW in Erith. 
    I still listen to it and like it.  
  • Options
    Motown, volume 4

thirty bob I think 

• Options
    Sladest by Slade from Boots in Lewisham
  • Options
    A Tonic for the Troops - Boomtown Rats. From WH Smith in 1978. The various Clash albums I bought over the subsequent years have aged a lot better than this one, but not a bad choice for an 11 year old.
  • Options
    A Music For Pleasure T.Rex album (below)
    I bought this too but I suspect that my first album was one of those dodgy MFP cover albums called "Hot Hits" or the other one that ran at the same time called "Top of the Pops".

Thank you for hearing my confession. Please forgive me. I knew no different!

Heathen!