Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    There feels something wrong if a double umpires call is out. 
  • Options
    As bad as England have been they have had no luck at all really. The one against Malan and that one against Bairstow. Would the umpire have given it out if it was Smith or Labuschagne? I’m not so sure. 
    I think Carey was out on umpires call also
  • Options
    Just play it like a one day game. We have Bairstow & Butler as well as Root. Just go on the attack and give the Aussies something to think about. Hanging around for 20 mins for 5 runs isnt going to win you the Test match.  
    As I said......hung around for 20 mins or so & then out for 5 runs. 
  • Options
    And cheating smith throws the ball at back of bairstows leg for good nasty measure. Whilst the rest are pleading for the finger. 
  • Options
    As bad as England have been they have had no luck at all really. The one against Malan and that one against Bairstow. Would the umpire have given it out if it was Smith or Labuschagne? I’m not so sure. 
    A fair point but i think generally you make your own luck........and we're shit.
  • Options
    Night all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    But that is papering over the cracks. Had Bairstow's bat come down straight and he'd hit it back from where it came from then he would not have missed it, He's trying to work it through that mid wicket area when it isn't even on leg or even middle
  • Options
    The good news is that it won't be a late one
  • Options
    Ffs......

Now just fucking hit the ball & give them the run around for a while.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    And that’s that.

61-7. Root edges Boland to first slip. Still 21 behind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Root should resign tonight. He's not a captain. A great no 4 but not a captain. 

• Options
    And that’s that.

61/6 really as one of those wickets was a tail ender. 
  • Options

It’s not so much the umpires call I have an issue with. Just a few things as I posted about in the last test as well:
    1. How can an onfield umpire give it out on this kind of wicket with how much bounce the ball is getting. You look at Bairstow he was up off his feet and the ball hit him on the kneeroll. 
    With that in mind the umpire obviously thought hard about it but if they have to think hard about it it’s not obvious and advantage should go to the batsman no? DRS is to overturn the howler not pick up on the absolute finest of margins which leads on to
    2. Lost my train of thought as Root gets out while writing this. Thrown my toys out the pram and early night. 

• Options
    And that’s that.

61/6 really as one of those wickets was a tail ender. 
    Oh I didn't realise we got that wicket back. Looking forward to seeing Leach come back out in 15 minutes.
  • Options

He can't bat for the others, And that is the biggest problem of all. He has exactly 1,700 runs at 62.00 this calendar year. The next best is Burns with 530 at 27.89

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=runs;spanmax1=31+Dec+2021;spanmin1=01+Jan+2021;spanval1=span;team=1;template=results;type=batting

• Options
    Lost the toss on a green wicket with recent rain. 

All out for under 200. 

Test over within 3 days.
    I typed this 5 mins after the toss on xmas day. 

• Options

Replaced by whom? The only non-geriatric, non-kinda-crocked (sorry Ben) lock for the team is a guy who's never captained and who did a bunch of racist tweets 
  • Options
    Would be quite funny if England followed Australia's lead and made Ollie Robinson, the budget Pat Cummins, their captain, though
  • Options
    A feeble England batting lineup, excellent Aussie bowling and a spicy pitch means a VERY short match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is seriously depressing…  ECB need to put the toy that is the Hundred aside and start focusing back on red ball cricket.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    65-8.

Wood caught & bowled off Boland. Boland now has figures of 5-5 from 19 balls.

Still 17 behind. Can Buttler, Robinson and Anderson get us there?
  • Options
    Jeez, even making them pad up for their 2nd innings is looking well beyond us.
  • Options
    I now see why Richardson was left out for Boland - the latter knows every single blade of grass on that strip!
  • Options
    To lose by an innings after bowling the opponent out for <300 is spectacularly shit. 
  • Options
    Is a 19-ball fivefer the fastest ever?
  • Options

It’s not so much the umpires call I have an issue with. Just a few things as I posted about in the last test as well:
    1. How can an onfield umpire give it out on this kind of wicket with how much bounce the ball is getting. You look at Bairstow he was up off his feet and the ball hit him on the kneeroll. 
    With that in mind the umpire obviously thought hard about it but if they have to think hard about it it’s not obvious and advantage should go to the batsman no? DRS is to overturn the howler not pick up on the absolute finest of margins which leads on to
    2. Lost my train of thought as Root gets out while writing this. Thrown my toys out the pram and early night. 

I agree -  DRS was brought in to eradicate howlers (and dodgy sub continent umpires) but all its really done is to give captains 2 chances of getting a wicket.

The best Test win ever at Edgbaston in 2019 was only won by England because Australia had "used up" all their reviews when Stokes was out LBW. 
  • Options
    65-8.

Wood caught & bowled off Boland. Boland now has figures of 5-5 from 3.1 overs

Still 17 behind. Can Buttler, Robinson and Anderson get us there?
    Correction, 6-5
  • Options
    65-9.

Another wicket for Boland.
  • Options
    WILL  OUR  BATSMAN  JUST  HIT  THE  FUCKING  BALL FOR RUNS